The recipe we are going to make today is for crunchy sushi rolls. These sushi rolls get ready in no time. These are delicious and of course, crunchy.
The ingredient that sets the crunchy sushi rolls apart from the regular sushi rolls is the fried onions. The fried onions give the rolls a crunchy texture and make them more enjoyable. It is a simple dish with an exquisite twist of taste.
The main ingredients for crunchy sushi rolls are sushi rice, crab meat, nori wraps, cucumber, avocado, oyster sauce, and fried onions. Lay the rice on a wrap and place nori over it. Then, add crab meat, avocado, and cucumber to it and roll it. Top it with mayo and sauce. At last, add the fried onions. Cut the sushi rolls using a sharp knife and serve.
This is just a snippet of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Stewed Mushrooms– I love to have stew, both vegetarian as well as non-vegetarian. When opting for a vegetarian stew, a mushroom stew is what I love the most. It is thick and delicious. It is also really easy to make.
2. Mexican Sushi– Making Mexican Sushi has never been easy until now but I found the simplest and easiest way to make this recipe.
3. Boston Sushi Rolls– Boston Rolls are filled with creamy avocado, poached shrimp, and crunchy cucumber, then rolled in nori seaweed sheet and sushi rice.
4. Avocado Sushi– My Japanese friend introduced sushi to me and subsequently, Avocado Sushi. She cooks deliciously and often invites me to her home for dinner. She does wonders with it by adding cucumber and avocado, making the dish even yummier and mouth-watering.
Crunchy Sushi Rolls Recipe
- 1 cups Sushi or Brown Rice (cooked)
- 3 sticks Imitation Crab Meat (thinly sliced)
- 1-2 Nori Wraps
- ½ Cucumber (thinly sliced)
- ½ Avocado (thinly sliced)
- 1 tablespoon Oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons Spicy Mayo
- ¼ cup French Fried Onions
- Take the sushi mat and place a plastic wrap over it.
- Next, add brown rice or cooked sushi rice.
- Now, another plastic wrap is to be laid over the top.
- Use a rolling pin to roll out the wrap until a rectangle is formed, which could accommodate nori wrap over it. It should be ½ inch thick.
- Now, take away the wrap from the top. With the shiny side facing up, lay nori wrap over the top.
- Next, place the imitation crab meat, avocado, cucumber, mayo, and oyster sauce over it.
- Pull up the sides of the underlying plastic wrap in order to keep the rolls closer.
- The rolls are to be pressed into a long cylinder.
- Top the rolls with mayo, oyster, and French fried onions.
- Cut the rolls using a sharp knife. In order to prevent them from sticking, dip the knife in rice vinegar or water.