Crumpets is a great alternative to your regular bread and today I will be showing you its full recipe.
Crumpets are great to be eaten and are liked by most but you all will be amazed to know crumpet was first made in 1382. At that time its name was not even crumpet, it was called “crompid cake” and later on in the 17 th century got the name crumpet. This soft and spongy dish is mostly popular in the United Kingdom.
To make Crumpets, you will need dried yeast, milk, white flour, caster sugar, vegetable oil, bicarbonate of soda, double cream and butter. Just mix all the ingredients to prepare the crumpet rings and cook them from both the sides to prepare your traditional English crumpets.
I know this recipe appears to be a lot easier, but it is just a summary. I will explain the complete recipe below, along with its ingredients, the time distribution of the whole recipe and it’s nutritional values. So let’s move ahead.
Ingredients For Crumpets
- 1 tablespoon Dried Yeast
- 400 ml Milk
- 300 g White flour
- 1 teaspoon Caster Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vegetable Oil
- ½ teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda
- 350 ml Double Cream
As now we know all the ingredients, let’s check how much time you need to invest in making these English crumpets.
How Much Time It Will Take To Make Crumpets?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|1 hour||15 minutes||1 hour 15 minutes|
As we know about the time, it will consume. Let’s move on to the method for making these fluffy crumpets.
Steps To Make Crumpets
- Firstly prepare the crumpet rings by taking milk and heat it until it’s warm and then put in the sugar and yeast and dissolve it properly, after that add in the tepid water and then keep it in a place where it stays warm. Now take the bicarbonate of soda, flour and salt into a container then make some space inside it to add in the earlier prepared mixture.
- Now take the double cream and whisk it properly and if needed, keep adding the water and when done, cover it with a cotton towel and keep it still for almost 46 minutes.
- Now take a mixer and add in the cream and keep it on for 6 to 11 minutes until it gets solid and drain off the extra liquid and wash it properly with water, after all this put in muslin and add in ½ teaspoon of salt and after mixing it properly, cover it with greaseproof paper.
- Now take some vegetable oil and grease the crumpet rings properly, take a pan and grease it lightly with a little bit of oil and put it over medium flame and add in the batter to fill it up and then cook it properly for about 6 minutes.
- Lastly, turn the rings carefully, cook them for 2 minutes and then serve them hot.
Your crumpets are ready. I recommend you to have these crumpets in your breakfast with coffee to start your day fresh.
Nutritional Breakdown Of Crumpets
Let’s move along and see how much calories does it these crumpets provide to our body.
How To Make Crumpets At Home | Video
For making the recipe quite easy for you, a video of the complete recipe has been given above.
Try this recipe and share your reviews in the comment section below. I will be happy to know how much you liked the recipe. Not just this, you are free to share any suggestion or a recipe you would love to know more about. I will be happy to help you. ENJOY!