If you are craving a salad that is rich in carbohydrates and creamy at the same time, then, you must try the creamy potato salad. It has refreshing ingredients like cucumber and radishes. It also has a creamy dressing made with mayonnaise among other things. It is definitely worth a try!
I love anything with potatoes. So, naturally, I was excited when my mother made me this delicious potato salad. She made this simple and creamy salad in just half an hour. It was delicious and a quick fix for my hunger.
To make creamy potato salad, boil the potatoes for about 25 minutes. Mix mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, and salt in a bowl. Then, add the potatoes, green onions, eggs, celery, radishes, and cucumber to a larger bowl. Toss the vegetables so that they get mixed. Season it with salt and pepper. Pour the dressing over the salad and gently toss it.
This was just a brief summary of the entire recipe. Find the complete recipe below. But before going to the full recipe, let’s check out some other healthy salads as well.
1. Roasted Vegetables– You are going to love roasted vegetables as a side dish for your meals. It is an easy and healthy recipe to make at home.
2. Cabbage And Carrot Slaw– A healthy slaw is one of the best recipes that can be made for a picnic or a potluck. This salad a bowl of happiness and health. This simple and light dish will be a perfect side dish for any of your meals.
3. Parisian Potato Salad– This salad is made from golden potatoes, vegetables, yogurt, eggs, and herbs. The potatoes are boiled to perfection and then mixed with vegetables and other ingredients. It is easy to make and gets ready in no time.
4. Thai Peanut And Quinoa Salad– Thai peanut and quinoa salad is another gem of salads. It contains quinoa and peanuts, which are both known to be beneficial to your health. But other than that, it also has a delicious rich taste. This salad is also vegan.
Creamy Potato Salad Recipe
- Large Bowl
For Potato Salad
- 3 cups Russet Potato
- ½ cup Diced English Cucumber
- 1 bunch Sliced Radishes
- 2 Stalk Celery
- 4 Diced Hard-Boiled Eggs
- 3 tbsp Chopped Green Onions
- Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
For Salad Dressing
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Sour Cream
- 2 tsp Yellow Mustard
- ½ tsp Salt
- In a pot, add unpeeled potatoes, water, and salt. Boil them for about 25 minutes. When potatoes are boiled, drain the water and leave them aside to cool.
- In a bowl, add all dressing ingredients and mix well. Keep it in the refrigerator for some time.
- In a large bowl, add the chopped green onions, diced eggs, finely diced celery, sliced radishes, diced cucumber, and diced potatoes. Toss them, so all ingredients get mixed.
- Season the salad with salt and pepper. Then, pour the dressing over it. Toss gently, so everything gets covered with the dressing.
I hope you have liked this recipe for creamy potato salad. Leave your suggestions and queries in the comments. I’ll make sure to respond and clear your doubts. Till then, happy eating!