If you love creamy mushrooms, then it is time you try the delicious and award-winning (not really!) creamy garlic mushrooms on toast. The recipe is quite simple. You cook the mushrooms, onions, and garlic and mix them with cream and cheese. Place this on bread and toast it. This toast is absolutely yummy and oh so creamy.
In this recipe, I have used olive oil but you can also use butter to cook the mushrooms. Butter gives the mushrooms more richness. It really is your choice. Also, you can use sliced baguettes or even ciabatta to serve the mushrooms. The creamy mushrooms are versatile too as you can eat them with pasta, with a pizza, or just as they are.
To make creamy garlic mushrooms on toast, heat oil in a pan and cook onions, mushrooms, and garlic in it. Remove the pan from heat and add cream and cheese to it and mix. Lightly toast bread slices and place spoonfuls of the mushroom mixture on top of them. Place the bread in the oven and bake for 5 minutes.
This is just a snippet of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Sous Vide Asparagus– Sous vide is a very famous cooking technique in which the food is sealed in an airtight bag and cooked in temperature-controlled water. This amazing preparation of asparagus with lemon and salt is really very simple.
2. Osso Buco– This recipe is one of the best Italian dishes that you will ever come across. This will make you fall in love with it and you will always recall the taste and flavor that it had.
3. Mushroom Risotto– The slow-cooked mushroom risotto is a creamy dish that has some unique flavors and fresh ingredients that make it suitable for everyone. It’s healthy and has all the necessary nutrients along with the goodness of mushrooms.
4. Chinese Mixed Vegetable Stir-Fry– A continental veggie mixes, an indie spice mix; all we need is the balance of Chinese cuisine leading to a perfect taste in one dish. Life can be lead carefree but at times we need a balance to hold us down to a correct thing.
Creamy Garlic Mushrooms on Toast Recipe
- Baking Tray
- 2 slices Brown Bread
- 8 Fresh Button Mushroom
- 2 cloves Garlic (crushed)
- 1 small Onion (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Double Cream
- 2 teaspoons Processed Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper (for taste)
- In a pan, heat a teaspoon of olive oil. Add chopped onions and mushrooms to it and fry for about 2-3 minutes. Now, add crushed garlic cloves and cook for a few minutes.
- When the color of the garlic turns slightly brown, add salt and pepper. Mix it and then remove the pan from heat.
- Now, place the mixture in a bowl and let it cool.
- Toast the bread slices in the oven. On the other hand, add cream and processed cheese to the cooked mushroom mixture. Mix it thoroughly.
- Then, place two spoonfuls of this mixture on the bread in a thick layer. Place the toasts on a baking tray.
- Place the tray in the oven and cook the slices for about 5 minutes. Serve hot.