The creamy cherry tomato & summer squash pasta is a great yet simple summer pasta recipe with delicious cherry tomatoes, zucchini, yellow squash, goat cheese, herbs and seasoning, all combined with whole-grain rotini.
If there is one thing I really like, it is recipes that I can make quickly and they are both delicious and nutritious. One such recipe is the creamy cherry tomato & summer squash pasta recipe. It is loaded with vegetables and light goat cheese. It can be cooked easily.
To make creamy cherry tomato & summer squash pasta, roast the vegetables in the oven. Cook the pasta al dente. Then, add lemon juice, butter, goat cheese, garlic and red pepper flakes along with pasta water and mix. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with chopped fresh basil. Serve hot!
This pasta is simple to make. The complete recipe is mentioned below with all the details. Let’s list the ingredients of this pasta first.
Ingredients For Creamy Cherry Tomato & Summer Squash Pasta
- ½ pound Whole Grain Rotini or Fusilli Pasta
- 2 cups Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 medium Yellow Squash (sliced into ¼ inch wide wedges)
- 1 medium Zucchini (sliced into ¼ inch wide wedges)
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 ounce Goat Cheese (crumbled)
- 1 small clove Garlic (pressed)
- Pinch of Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Basil (chopped)
These are all the ingredients you’ll need to make this creamy and rich pasta. Check the table below to see how much time you’ll be needing.
How Much Time Will It Take To Make Creamy Cherry Tomato & Summer Squash Pasta
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||25 Minutes||35 Minutes|
After sorting the ingredients and the timings, let’s move on to the steps of the recipe.
Steps To Make Creamy Cherry Tomato & Summer Squash Pasta
- Preheat the oven to about 400℉. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put the cherry tomatoes, zucchini and squash with 2 tablespoons of olive oil on the baking sheet. Sprinkle salt and pepper to season. Then, roast the vegetables for about 25 minutes. This time should be enough for the cherry tomatoes to burst from their skins and the squash to become tender.
- In a large pot, put water with a little salt and bring to boil. Then, cook the pasta al dente. Drain the water but save just one cup of the pasta water.
- To the hot pasta, add lemon juice, butter, goat cheese, garlic and red pepper flakes. Pour in the pasta water you saved and mix the ingredient rather gently. Make sure the pasta is covered evenly in the sauce.
- Add the tomatoes, zucchini and squash to the pasta, along with juices from them. Mix them gently.
- Season the pasta with salt and pepper. Garnish with chopped fresh basil and serve hot.
This was all about the recipe. Let’s check the nutritional value of this vegetable and cheese-loaded pasta.
Nutritional Breakdown For Creamy Cherry Tomato & Summer Squash Pasta
Here is the nutrition breakdown for this recipe.
So, this was it for this recipe. If you have any suggestions or queries, mention them in the comments below. I’ll be happy to hear from you. Till then, happy eating!