The creamy cherry tomato & summer squash pasta is a great yet simple summer pasta recipe. It is made with delicious cherry tomatoes, zucchini, yellow squash, goat cheese, herbs, and seasoning, all combined with whole-grain rotini. The ingredients bring freshness to the recipe.
If there is one thing I really like, it is recipes that I can make quickly and they are both delicious and nutritious. One such recipe is the creamy cherry tomato & summer squash pasta recipe. It is loaded with vegetables and light goat cheese. It can be cooked easily.
To make creamy cherry tomato & summer squash pasta, roast the vegetables in the oven. Cook the pasta al dente. Then, add lemon juice, butter, goat cheese, garlic, and red pepper flakes along with pasta water and mix. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with chopped fresh basil. Serve hot!
This pasta is simple to make. If you want you can also use fire-roasted tomatoes or their substitutes in the recipe as well. The complete recipe is mentioned below with all the details. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Sous Vide Asparagus– Sous vide is a very famous cooking technique in which the food is sealed in an airtight bag and cooked in temperature-controlled water. This amazing preparation of asparagus with lemon and salt is really very simple.
2. Escabeche Fish– This recipe is quite famous in the Asian, Mediterrane, and European regions. This seafood recipe that I will be sharing today goes by the name of Escabeche.
3. Baked Ziti– As a pasta lover, I always try new dishes which has pasta as the main ingredient. So I wrote the recipe for Baked Ziti.
4. Mushroom Stuffed Burgers– Mushroom stuffed burgers are the perfect recipe if you love a delicious juicy cheeseburger and tender mushrooms. This recipe brings you the best of both.
Ingredients For Creamy Cherry Tomato & Summer Squash Pasta
- ½ pound Whole Grain Rotini or Fusilli Pasta
- 2 cups Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 medium Yellow Squash (sliced into ¼ inch wide wedges)
- 1 medium Zucchini (sliced into ¼ inch wide wedges)
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 ounce Goat Cheese (crumbled)
- 1 small clove Garlic (pressed)
- Pinch of Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Basil (chopped)
How Much Time Will It Take To Make Creamy Cherry Tomato & Summer Squash Pasta
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||25 Minutes||35 Minutes|
Steps To Make Creamy Cherry Tomato & Summer Squash Pasta
- Preheat the oven to about 400℉. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put the cherry tomatoes, zucchini and squash with 2 tablespoons of olive oil on the baking sheet. Sprinkle salt and pepper to season. Then, roast the vegetables for about 25 minutes. This time should be enough for the cherry tomatoes to burst from their skins and the squash to become tender.
- In a large pot, put water with a little salt and bring to boil. Then, cook the pasta al dente. Drain the water but save just one cup of the pasta water.
- To the hot pasta, add lemon juice, butter, goat cheese, garlic and red pepper flakes. Pour in the pasta water you saved and mix the ingredient rather gently. Make sure the pasta is covered evenly in the sauce.
- Add the tomatoes, zucchini and squash to the pasta, along with juices from them. Mix them gently.
- Season the pasta with salt and pepper. Garnish with chopped fresh basil and serve hot.
Nutritional Breakdown For Creamy Cherry Tomato & Summer Squash Pasta