I still remember how my grandmother used to make Creamed Chipped Beef on every birthday of her grandchildren including me. She had magic in her hands as I believed. This dish was delightful. We used to have a gala time while having Creamed Chipped Beef on my birthday.
It had become a tradition to cook it, so I always knew Creamed Chipped Beef recipe would be the king of all the dishes prepared on my happy day. No doubt, it had become my favourite since then.
So, it was her last birthday and guess what, I had surprised her with Creamed Chipped Beef. She had tears in her eyes and was amazed to know that I had been learning the recipe to surprise her. Well, such memories make me nostalgic sometimes.
Turning back to the important point, Creamed Chipped Beef is a classic American cuisine tracing its origin to the 2nd World War. Quite easy and quick to make, it has brilliant taste. So follow the Creamed Chipped Beef Recipe listed below and prepare it at your homes!
So today, I will tell you the Creamed Chipped Beef Recipe. But here are some other amazing recipes that you should definitely try.
1. Chicken And Dumplings– I came across this Southern delicious chicken and dumplings in a buffet. It was so tasty that I had to try making it at home. This recipe is very delicious and you can enjoy it with your whole family.
2. Pork Fry– Anyone can make this delicious pork fry recipe at their home by just following this simple recipe that I’ve mentioned.
3. Sous Vide Scallops– Sous Vide technique is used in restaurants majorly. My mother cooks perfect Sous Vide Scallops. Neither it is difficult to make nor it is much time-consuming. Its aroma tickles my nose every time I think about it.
4. Dragon Eggs– These eggs recipe is something that you can’t afford to miss. Make these delicious eggs at your home and it can be a great addition to your party menu.
Ingredients required for Creamed Chipped Beef Recipe
|All purpose flour||2 tablespoons|
|Warm milk||1 1/2 cups|
|Dried beef||1 Jar/ 8 ounce|
|Cayenne Pepper||1 pinch|
How much will it take ?
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Total time|
|10 minutes||10 minutes||20 minutes|
Creamed Chipped Beef Recipe
- Take a saucepan. Over low heat, melt butter in it.
- Put in all flour at once to form a roux( a cooked mixture of flour and fats used as a thickening agent in a soup or sauce).
- Now, pour in the milk. Slowly increase the heat to medium-high.
- Let it cook with occasional stirring until you are sure of its thickening.
- After bringing it to boil, put in beef and cayenne.
- Heat thoroughly.
- Lastly, servings with toast will add much delight to the dish.
Nutritional information of Creamed Chipped Beef Recipe
|Saturated fat||5.3 gm|
|Total fat||8.7 gm|