As soon as you see Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes, your mouth would start watering. Quick to make and with marvellous taste, these cheesy and buttery potatoes are an absolute delight and are a huge hit. An American side dish, Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes are smooth with a tinge of seasoning with garlic.
My granny makes absolutely delicious and lip-smacking Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes for me. They are my favourite and I prefer to make them on every occasion and pack them for my travels as well. My granny has spoilt me for them. She taught me how to make Cheese Cream Mashed Potatoes.
After sharing the recipe with me, she used to challenge me to make them for her. Guess what, I did! How incredibly they tasted! I can’t resist myself from making it thrice a week.
Creamy cheese mashed potatoes are surely the best ever dish you would serve to your guests and even better accompaniment while you watch a movie or just relax. Of course, you would like to know how these delicious Cream cheese mashed potatoes are made at home! But here are some other amazing recipes that you should definitely try.
1. Mashed Potato Bar– Mashed Potato Bar is one of my favourite dishes. As for mashed potatoes, the recipes for making it first appeared in 1747 with an entry in The Art of Cookery by Hannah Glasse.
2. Poi– It is a traditional Hawaiian staple that is made from a starch dish by boiling taro roots and water. Taro is one of the most nutritious starches proved scientifically. You can make poi with salt, sugar, malahini, kalua pork, salmon.
3. Mac And Cheese Without Milk– If you’re one of those people, who don’t like milk in mac and cheese or sometimes you don’t have milk at your home. Then this recipe is a perfect choice for you guys.
4. Coconut Rice– Coconut rice is a dish prepared by soaking white rice in coconut milk or cooking it with coconut flakes.
Ingredients Required for Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes
|Russet potatoes||5 pounds|
|Cream cheese||8 ounces|
|Milk||1/2 cup – 1 cup|
|Garlic powder||1 tsp|
How much time will it take?
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Total time|
|10 minutes||20 minutes||30 minutes|
Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Take a large stockpot.
- After washing and peeling potatoes properly, cut it into 1-inch cubes and put them into the pot.
- Pour cold water into over potatoes in the pot.
- Let the potatoes boil. Cook them for about 15-20 minutes. Ensure they get smooth.
- Take the potatoes out of the stockpot. After draining them, put them in a mixing bowl.
- Now, put butter, cream cheese, milk on them. Sprinkle salt, garlic powder and pepper over them.
- Slightly, crush or mash the large potatoes.
- Now, take a mixer and blend the potatoes over medium-high.
- Stop the mixer when the potatoes are tender and fluffy.
- If desired, you can garnish them with chives and serve hot.
Nutritional Information of Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes Recipe
|Saturated fats||10 g|
|Vitamin A||585 IU|
|Vitamin C||13 mg|