When holidays strike, too, like Thanksgiving, food becomes an integral part of the celebration. So, to make lip-smacking Thanksgiving snack platters, cream cheese dip can be a great party starter. This dip is not only delicious on its own, but it pairs with everything and makes for a showstopper dish.
To be frank, for me, the cream cheese dip is not a saving recipe for celebratory meals; I love to make it even on normal days for a great meal. That’s because cream cheese dip is such a flavorful condiment that you can’t stop with a single bite. Moreover, it’s super easy to make!
Before I take you through the step-by-step recipe to make cream cheese dip, allow me to share some ingredients that make it absolutely spectacular. The cream cheese dip is made using some very basic ingredients available at any supermarket or grocery store.
These include mayonnaise, sour cream, and cream cheese. But the secret ingredients of this dish are the fresh herbs that you will use.
Get ready to be the most amazing host ever, as this homemade cream cheese dip recipe will get you a lot of love and compliments. This dip is great to enjoy with chips, colorful raw veggies, sandwiches, burgers, salad, and what not. Let’s take a look to make the ultra-creamy and delicious cream cheese dip by following the recipe below!
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Cream Cheese Dip?
- Food Processor – To make this appetizing cream cheese dip, you will require a food processor so that all the ingredients mix together to bring out their delicious flavor.
- Bowl – You will need a bowl to serve the dip.
- Spatula- You will need a spatula to transfer the dip from the food processor to the bowl.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Cream Cheese Dip?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||5 Minutes||10 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Cream Cheese Dip?
- Cream Cheese – As the name suggests, cream cheese is the most integral ingredient in this recipe. Cream cheese is basically unripened cheese made of cream or milk and cream. It is nearly white in color and has a mild but rich taste.
- Mayonnaise – Mayonnaise is one of the spectacular items that you have definitely had in sandwiches. It has a creamy and rich taste. It is made of eggs, oil, and some type of acid, usually vinegar or lemon juice.
- Sour Cream – Sour cream is another delicious dairy product that is made using regular cream. It has a tart and tangy taste and a thick texture.
- Green Onions – Green onions or scallions are a variety of onions that have a sharp, grassy, and peppery taste.
- Herbs – For this recipe, we will use a mix of herbs like fresh parsley and dill for a punch of flavor.
- Salt and Pepper – ½ teaspoon of salt and ¼ teaspoon of pepper will give the cream cheese dip the right amount of heat and saltiness.
Steps To Make Cream Cheese Dip
1. Prepare The Dip
Take a food processor, add all the ingredients in it, and run it for a few minutes until the ingredients are well combined. Take a bowl and transfer the cream cheese dip using a spatula. You can garnish this dip with some sliced chives or chopped dill.
2. Store The Cream Cheese Dip
Now that your dip is ready, cover the dip with a lid or food wrap and place it in the refrigerator to chill to keep it fresh. After about 30 minutes, take a platter and place the cream cheese dip bowl surrounded by your choice of veggies, chips, crackers, or whatever you like.
You can keep this dip refrigerated in an airtight container for 5-7 days. If you don’t want to add too many calories to your diet, you can use low-fat cream cheese. Moreover, you can also add some dried herbs to this dip of your choice. This recipe can be easily doubled if you are serving a big crowd.
One of the best things about this recipe is that it can also be used as a salad dressing. So, you can mix some buttermilk or milk with the cream cheese dip according to the consistency you want and toss up a salad.
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Vitamin A||213 IU|
|Vitamin C||2 mg|
How Will The Cream Cheese Dip Look And Taste Like?
This cream cheese dip recipe is one of my favorite things to make. It is creamy, rich, and flavorful. When you take a bite of this dip, you get peppery and herby notes from green onions, dill, and parsley. This dip turns out to be so delicious that you want to add it to everything.
While for parties and get-togethers, I love to serve this dip with veggies and crackers. On a regular day, I absolutely love turning it into a salad dressing. And it also makes its way into my burgers and sandwiches.
Cream Cheese Dip Recipe
- 2-3 Green Onions Diced
- 4 tablespoon Parsley
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese
- 2 tablespoon Dill
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- Take a food processor and all the ingredients mentioned above.
- Pulse the food processor until everything combines well
- Transfer the dip into a bowl and cover it with a food wrap.
- Chill it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve with cut veggies, chips, or crackers.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is cream cheese made of?
Cream cheese dip is made of sour cream, mayonnaise, cream cheese, green onions, parsley, dill, salt, and pepper.
What goes well with cream cheese dip?
You can serve cream cheese dip with fresh-cut veggies, chips, pretzels, and crackers. You can also thin it out to make it into a salad dressing.
How long does homemade onion dip last?
Onion dip lasts for at least a week.
I hope you enjoyed going through and making this cream cheese dip recipe as much as I did share it with you. For more such delicious dip recipes, head to our recipe section on the website. Do let me know in the comments sections what compliments you received from your guests.