With the coming festive vibes for the upcoming Thanksgiving and Christmas, the cranberry sauce recipe is a must-share recipe. Cranberry Sauce is a light, bright and healthy sauce. It compliments best with various types of meat like chicken, turkey, pork and ham. This sauce is the best blend of sweetness and tanginess.
Cranberry sauce gives a lightness to Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner and it adds a delectable flavor. I wouldn’t say I like canned cranberry sauce after I made this sauce at home. I hope you give it a try as it is a super easy recipe to make.
Cranberry sauce can be made by boiling sugar, orange juice and water. Add cranberries, salt, cinnamon stick and orange peel to the mixture. Cook it until the berries have popped. Cool and serve!
This was just an overview of the recipe and the detailed recipe is mentioned below. Now, let’s gather the ingredients required for making the recipe. Before that, check out the other sauce recipes as well.
1. Cheese Sauce– The sauce was originated in Jackson, Mississippi. It got its name from a tradition in Mississippi to say “You all comeback” instead of “goodbye” or “see you later.” It has got a taste similar to thousand island sauce.
2. Coconut Cream– It is a great alternative to ordinary whipping creams as it has got good fats and more nutritional content. The cream can be used in sweets and as a thickening agent in curries, soups and smoothies.
3. Sweet Creamy Butter– Sweet creamy butter is a delicious spread that goes very well with bread, pancakes, scones, or waffles. Let’s see how you can make this awesome recipe at your home.
4. Green Peppercorn Sauce– The main ingredients that are used in the sauce are green peppercorn, brandy and beef broth. The alcohol helps give flavor to the sauce.
Cranberry Sauce Recipe
- ¾ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Orange Juice
- ½ cup Water
- 12 oz Fresh Cranberries
- Pinch Salt
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1 piece Orange Peel
- Take a saucepan to it add sugar, orange juice and water. Boil it over a medium flame. Stir it till the sugar dissolves.
- To this mixture, add the rest of the ingredients – cranberries, salt, cinnamon stick and orange peel.
- Stir it continuously over medium flame.
- Cook it until all or most of the cranberries have popped. It should take 10 minutes.
- Let it cool down for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Cover and refrigerate until the sauce is ready to use.
I hope you’ve liked this sauce recipe. Do try it at your home and share your wonderful experiences in the comments section below. Till then, stay tuned for more recipes like these.