Cranberries are traditionally served in a number of dishes at Thanksgiving! But, Cranberry gelatin salad is the one that can be served as a salad and a dessert. It’s loaded with cranberry flavor, crushed pineapples, and crunchy pecans. So, let’s get ready to stir some fruits into jello and Give our Thanksgiving a wobbly lift.
Cranberry gelatin salad has a cherry-flavored jello mix for the gelatin, which adds a slight cherry flavor to the salad. This salad is a quick and easy recipe and can be prepared a day before Thanksgiving dinner. Remember to stir the gelatin carefully, as it takes a few minutes to dissolve completely. You can also use cream cheese or other nuts for topping and add some other fruits into the salad.
Now, let’s begin with the recipe for cranberry gelatin salad. The list of equipment is mentioned below, along with the ingredients list. Read the lists before moving on to the recipe instructions. I’m sure your salad will look and taste exactly as described below.
What Equipment Will You Need For Cranberry Gelatin Salad?
- Bowl- Prep the gelatin mixture in a medium-sized bowl.
- Spatula- Use a spatula to stir the ingredients into a fine mixture.
- Spoon- Use a spoon or a spatula to transfer the salad mixture into serving dishes.
- Refrigerator- Chill the salad in the refrigerator until it sets.
- Serving Dishes- Refrigerate this salad directly in the serving dishes.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Cranberry Gelatin Salad?
|Preparation Time||Additional Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||8 Hours||8 Hours 15 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need For Cranberry Gelatin Salad?
- Jello mix- Use two 0.3-ounce packages of the sugar-free cherry flavored Jell-o mix for the gelatin.
- Water- Use two cups of boiling water to dissolve the gelatin or the Jell-O mix.
- Cranberry sauce- Use a can of jellied cranberry sauce for cranberry flavor in the salad.
- Pineapple- Drain a can of crushed pineapple for the salad.
- Pecans- Garnish the salad with a half cup of chopped pecans.
Steps To Make Cranberry Gelatin Salad
1. Prep the salad
To a medium-sized bowl, add gelatin. Pour in boiling water and stir until the gelatin is completely dissolved in the water. Now add cranberry sauce and pineapple to the bowl.
2. Chill and serve
Mix the ingredients in the bowl and transfer the mixture into serving dishes. Refrigerate until it firms. Sprinkle pecans over the salad and serve.
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Vitamin A||190 IU|
|Vitamin C||7 mg|
How Will Cranberry Gelatin Salad Look and Taste?
So, our delicious Thanksgiving salad is ready! This cranberry gelatin salad is filled with the flavors of cranberry, cherry, and pineapple. Chopped pecans on top add nutty flavor and crunch to every bite. Try this salad for Thanksgiving dinner and enjoy it with your family.
Cranberry Gelatin Salad Recipe
- Serving Dish
- 0.6 ounce Jell-O Mix (sugar-free, cherry flavored)
- 1/2 cup Pecans (chopped)
- 16 ounce Cranberry Sauce (jellied)
- 20 ounces Crushed Pineapple (drained)
- 2 cups Water
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine boiling water and Jell-O mix. Stir until the gelatin is dissolved in water. Now, add crushed pineapple and cranberry sauce to the bowl and mix them well.
- Transfer this sauce mixture into the serving dishes and refrigerate until the salad firms. Garnish with chopped pecans and serve.
So! How was your recipe? Tell us in the comments below and try out other recipes as well.