Everyone loves cranberry cream cheese dip. What a combo of sweet, tart, and salty flavors it is! Today, I will share the recipe for homemade cranberry cream cheese dip that can literally be prepared in about ten minutes.
Since this cranberry cream cheese dip is both savory and sweet, it pairs equally well with salty cookies and sweet apple slices. I also relish dipping in chunks of bread in a bowl of the cranberry dip and having it as my evening snack. For best results, I recommend making it fresh. It can also be stored in the refrigerator for about 2-3 days.
The first in making cranberry cream cheese is to wash the berries and boil them with sugar, water and salt in a pot for 5 minutes. Then, simmer for 5 minutes and refrigerate them. At last, pour the sauce to cream cheese and garnish with green onions.
You can also use Neufchatel cheese or any of its substitutes for this recipe. So, let’s see how this amazing dip can be made at home without having to spend money on ready-made dips.
Add some more flavors to your lives with this savory and sweet dip. Check out the ingredients first, followed by the step-by-step recipe. Before that, check out the other sauce recipes as well.
1. Texas BBQ Sauce– This is a combination of sweet and spicy. It has a bold taste which makes it best to be paired with meats like chicken, pork, and beef. This sauce is rich in flavor and worth all the efforts that go into making it.
2. Mango Chutney– Mango chutney is a great chutney that can add a sweet, tangy and spicy flavor to your daily life food. Today, let’s see how you can make this recipe very easily at your home.
3. Carrot Top Pesto– The dip has got some tangy and salty flavor that makes your everyday food spicy and tasty. This recipe pairs perfectly with pasta, lasagna and sandwiches.
4. Horseradish Sauce– The best thing about the sauce is the nutrients that it can provide to your body. It has the ability to fight cancer cells and anti-bacterial properties. The sauce is best served with steak or roasted pork.
Cranberry Cream Cheese Dip Recipe
- 6 oz. Fresh Cranberries
- ½ cup Water
- ¼ cup Sugar
- ⅛ tsp Salt
- 1 Jalapeño
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese
- 3 Sliced Green Onions
- 1 box Crackers
- 1 Sliced Apple
- Add washed cranberries to a small saucepot with salt, sugar and water. Stir well.
- If you are using jalapeño, don't forget to remove the stem and scrape out the seeds. After that, dice the pepper and add it to the pot. If you want a spicy twist, then you can leave some seeds in the pepper.
- Place over medium-high heat with the lid on and bring to boil. After that, give a good stir and turn down the heat to medium-low and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat off once the cranberries burst open and the mixture turns to a thick sauce.
- Cool the sauce in a refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, place cream cheese in a shallow bowl and use a spoon to make a paste of it.
- Pour the cooled cranberry sauce over the cream cheese.
- Garnish with chopped green onions (optional) and serve with crackers or apple slices.
Thanks for stopping by this corner! This recipe is undoubtedly a quickie that can be made with any meal or for an evening snack. I am a huge fan. Try it yourself and be a fan too. Keep sending in your feedback and suggestions in the comment section below. Let us know if you want us to write down any specific recipe for you.