You, too, love Cracker Barrel’s fried apples! Cracker Barrel updated menu is full of such amazing desserts. The apples are slow-cooked in butter and apple juice. Then, these apples are drizzled over with delicious sweet applesauce.
These apples are tender and are filled with the flavors of apple juice, spices, and butter. I’m here with the copycat recipe for Cracker Barrel’s fried apples. Read this recipe and give it a try!
Cracker Barrel’s fried apples are cooked in a butter and apple juice mixture. The applesauce for fried apples is spiced up with apple pie spice. It’s a mixture of nutmeg, ground cinnamon, and allspice.
In case you don’t have the apple pie spice, you can use cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg separately for this recipe. If you don’t have brown sugar with you, use regular sugar. The cracker Barrel fried apples have a buttery smooth texture and can be enjoyed as a dessert.
To enhance its flavor you can add a bit of coconut butter. If you don’t have coconut butter, you can use any of its substitutes.
If you feel like trying this recipe for Cracker Barrel fried apples, check out the recipe below. You’ll find answers to all your queries related to this recipe. It’s quite simple and easy to cook. Read the instructions and follow them carefully.
Believe me! It looks and tastes exactly like the one served at Cracker Barrel. But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other copycat Cracker Barrel recipes from our website.
1. Cracker Barrel Meatloaf– Cracker Barrel meatloaf has ground beef mixed with onions and bell pepper. It’s infused with the flavors of cheese and Ritz crackers. It’s seasoned with salt and pepper. Brown sugar gives sweetness to it and balances all the flavors in it.
2. Cracker Barrel Fried Chicken– Cracker Barrel fried chicken has a delicious soft chicken breaded with flour mixture and buttermilk. The chicken is deep-fried and is loaded with the taste of buttermilk and the seasoning spices. This chicken can be enjoyed with any spicy condiment.
3. Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole– Cracker Barrel hashbrown casserole has creamy hashbrown under the layer of melted cheese in a casserole. The hash brown is mixed with cheese, chicken soup cream, and onions. It’s seasoned with salt and pepper. This casserole dish is enjoyed as a cheesy delicious side dish.
4. Cracker Barrel Banana Pudding– Cracker Barrel banana pudding has crispy vanilla crackers with creamy smooth pudding on top of it. The pudding is loaded with the flavors of cream cheese and vanilla. The banana slices are layered over the pudding and it’s topped with whipped cream.
What's In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need For Cracker Barrel Fried Apples?
- Bowl- Use a large oven-proof bowl to keep the apples before adding applesauce to the bowl. You can use a small bowl to prep the applesauce mixture.
- Skillet- Use a medium-sized skillet for cooking the apples and for making the applesauce for this recipe.
- Spatula-Use a spatula to stir the apples while they cook. Also, you need a spatula to combine the applesauce with the fried apples.
- Spoon- Mix the ingredients of the applesauce in a bowl using a spoon.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Cracker Barrel Fried Apples?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||30 Minutes||40 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need For Cracker Barrel Fried Apples?
- Apples- Apples are the main ingredient for this recipe. Cut about half-inch wedges of four large golden apples. Do not peel the apples.
- Apple Juice- You need apple juice to make the applesauce and to cook the apples. Use two cups of apple juice for cooking apples and about a half cup of apple juice for applesauce.
- Butter- Butter gives a nice velvety texture to the apples. It enhances the flavor while cooking the apples.
- Cornstarch- Cornstarch is a common thickening agent used in many recipes. You need three tablespoons of cornstarch to make the applesauce for fried apples.
- Apple Pie Spice- Use a tablespoon of apple pie spice to spice up the apples. The apple pie spice is a mixture of cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice.
- Sugar- Sugar adds sweetness to the apples. Use about four tablespoons of sugar for this recipe. I prefer using brown sugar over regular sugar.
Steps To Make Cracker Barrel Fried Apples
1. Cook Apples
Take a medium-sized skillet and add apples to it along with butter and apple juice. Cook them until fork-tender, turning the apples frequently. Now, remove the apples from the skillet and transfer them into a large oven-proof bowl.
2. Prep Sauce For Fried Apples
In a small bowl, combine the remaining apple juice, butter, apple pie spice, and sugar. Mix them well to form a smooth apple sauce. Transfer this sauce into the skillet and let it bubble for a few minutes over low heat until the sauce is thick.
Pour this thick applesauce over fried apples and serve. You can serve it warm or let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Vitamin A||67 IU|
|Vitamin C||7 mg|
How Will Cracker Barrel Fried Apples Look and Taste?
Grab your fork and have a bit of this delicious Cracker Barrel’s fried apples. These apples are soft and loaded with the flavors of apple juice, butter, and spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice. Sugar adds sweetness and balances the spiciness in fried apples. It’s a perfect fruit dessert for a family meal.
Cracker Barrel fried Apples Recipe
- 4 Golden Apples
- 2.5 cups Apple Juice
- 3 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Apple Pie Spice
- 4 tablespoons Sugar
- Take a medium-sized skillet and add apples, butter and apple juice to it. Cook them until fork-tender, turning the apples frequently. Now, remove the apples from the skillet and transfer them into a large oven-proof bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining apple juice, butter, apple pie spice, and sugar. Form a smooth apple sauce from the mixture. Transfer this sauce into the skillet and let it bubble for a few minutes over low heat until the sauce is thick.
- Pour this thick applesauce over fried apples and serve. You can serve it warm or let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
How was the Cracker Barrel fried apples? Did you enjoy this dessert? I’d like to know about it. Tell me in the comments below and try our other copycat recipes too.