Cracker Barrel must have world-class artists if making pancakes is an art. If you’ve had Cracker Barrel’s pancakes, you would understand my feelings. These deliciously sweet pancakes are filled with the flavors of buttermilk and are pillowy-soft (I mean super fluffy). However, you can also learn this art and make these delicious Cracker Barrel pancakes right at home.
Cracker Barrel pancakes are soft and enriched with the goodness of eggs and buttermilk. The maple syrup is drizzled on top of this fluffy stack. Trust me! This sweet, soggy mess can amp up even your Monday mornings. Don’t overcook the cake and let every flip reveal the golden-brown finish. Check out the updated Cracker Barrel menu to find out about other amazing dishes and their prices as well.
Let’s begin with the recipe for Cracker Barrel pancakes! Before you try your hands on this recipe, check out the list of equipment and ingredients first. After you have everything required available at hand, follow the instructions.
Keep a close watch on the batter as it cooks on the griddle. Try this recipe and enjoy Cracker Barrel’s version of America’s favorite breakfast. But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other copycat Cracker Barrel recipes from our website.
1. Cracker Barrel Coca-Cola Chocolate Cake – Cracker Barrel Coca-Cola chocolate cake has soft cake filled with Coca-Cola and chocolate flavor. The frosting used in this dessert is filled with Coca-Cola, cocoa powder, and chocolate syrup flavors.
2. Cracker Barrel Chocolate Pecan Pie – Cracker Barrel chocolate pecan pie has chopped pecans and chocolate chips with sweet and smooth pie filling in crispy pie crust. The pie filling is loaded with the flavors of margarine, vanilla, and eggs. Pecans and chocolate chips added on top give a nutty-sweet crunch to each bite.
3. Cracker Barrel Chicken And Dumplings -Cracker Barrel chicken and dumplings has shredded chicken dredged in thick and flavorsome gravy. The dumplings are spongy and soft and are loaded with the flavors of chicken and veggies like onion and celery. It’s seasoned with salt and pepper. This dish can be enjoyed as a side dish with any main course meal.
4. Cracker Barrel French Toast – Cracker Barrel French toast has soft bread coated with egg mixture. This egg mixture is loaded with egg and milk. It’s cooked on the butter-greased griddle and served with butter or maple syrup.
What Equipment Will You Need For Cracker Barrel Pancake?
- Bowl – Use a large mixing bowl to make the batter for the pancakes.
- Griddle – To cook the pancakes, you need a griddle. In case you don’t have a griddle, you can cook the pancakes in a non-stick pan.
- Spatula –Use a spatula to flip the pancakes and to mix the ingredients for the batter.
- Spoon – Use a spoon to drizzle the maple syrup over the pancakes.
- Whisk – You can use a whisk to combine the ingredients for the batter.
- Sieve – Use a fine sieve to sift the all-purpose flour for the batter to make pancakes.
How Much Will You Need To Make Cracker Barrel Pancake?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||15 Minutes||20 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need For Cracker Barrel Pancake?
- All-purpose Flour – All-purpose flour is the main ingredient for the batter. Sift about two cups of all-purpose flour for this recipe.
- Baking Soda – Baking soda aerates the batter for the pancakes, which makes them fluffy and soft.
- Salt – Add a teaspoon of salt to the batter. Salt balances the flavors in the batter and contributes to its fluffiness.
- Sugar – Add a tablespoon of sugar to add sweetness to the batter.
- Eggs – You need to add two large eggs to the batter. Eggs add flavor and make the batter thick and soft. Eggs contribute to the aerated fluffiness in the pancakes. Make sure you don’t overmix the batter after adding the eggs.
- Buttermilk – Buttermilk balances the texture of the batter by keeping it slightly runny. It also adds flavor to the pancakes. I’ve used two cups of buttermilk for this recipe.
- Oil or Butter – To cook the pancakes, you need to grease the griddle with oil or butter.
- Maple Syrup – Drizzles maple syrup over the pancakes before serving.
Steps To Make Cracker Barrel Pancake
1. Prepare The Batter
Add all-purpose flour, baking soda, salt, sugar, buttermilk in a large mixing bowl. Mix the mixture and then add to beaten eggs. Mix again to combine all the ingredients with egg to form a smooth batter for pancakes.
2. Ready To Flip
Set the griddle or non-stick pan over medium heat and grease it with oil or butter. Drop about one-fourth cup of batter and flip it as it turns golden brown at the bottom. Let it cook and turn golden from the other side. Serve these pancakes slathered with butter or maple syrup.
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Vitamin A||253 IU|
How Will Cracker Barrel Pancake Look And Taste Like?
Cracker Barrel pancakes are super delicious and fluffy. These pancakes are filled with the taste of buttermilk and sweetness from sugar. The maple syrup drizzled on top adds to its sweet delight. These pancakes can be enjoyed as breakfast mains.
Cracker Barrel Pancake Recipe
- 2 cups All-purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cups Buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons Oil
- 1 tablespoon Maple Syrup (for serving)
- Add all-purpose flour, baking soda, salt and sugar to a large mixing bowl. Mix everything properly.
- Now add buttermilk to it and mix until the desiered consistency.
- It should not be too thick or too thin.
- Set the griddle or non-stick pan over medium heat and grease it with butter. Drop about one-fourth cup of batter in it.
- Flip it as it turns golden brown at the bottom.
- Let it cook and turn golden from the other side too.
- Now stack the pancakes onto one another and serve them with some butter or maple syrup.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What kind of pancakes does Cracker Barrel serve?
Cracker Barrel serves classic buttermilk, pecan, blueberry, confetti, and chocolate chip pancakes to enjoy.
Does Cracker Barrel pancakes have eggs in them?
Cracker Barrel are loaded with the flavors of egg, vanilla, buttermilk, and sugar.
Does Cracker Barrel have banana pancakes?
Yes, Cracker Barrel offers banana pancakes.
What is the best oil to cook pancakes in?
By far, the best oil to cook pancakes on is canola oil as it has high smoking point.
I’d love to know about your experience with this recipe. Tell me in the comments below and try our other copycat recipes too.