Meatloaf is one of the most scrumptious food items to order from the Cracker Barrel menu. Cracker Barrel’s meatloaf is one of the famous dishes served at this famous restaurant. It has ground beef mixed with onion, eggs, and bell pepper. This delicious combo is filled with the goodness of milk. This tender beef is infused with tons of flavors and can be enjoyed as the main course meal.
Cracker Barrel’s meatloaf is topped with a mixture of ketchup, brown sugar, and mustard. You can add more flavors to the topping. The meatloaf is flavored with the seasoning spices like salt and pepper. Eggs and milk make it softer, while the cheese adds more flavor and delight to this dish. The Ritz crackers add a slightly salty taste and crispiness to every bite. Now, let’s head on to the recipe for Cracker Barrel’s meatloaf.
The recipe for Cracker Barrel meatloaf is really simple and easy. Check out the lists of ingredients and equipment below. Read the entire recipe and follow the instructions carefully. Enjoy the delicious Cracker Barrel meatloaf with any side dish of your choice. But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other copycat Cracker Barrel recipes from our website.
1. Cracker Barrel Fried Chicken– Cracker Barrel fried chicken has a delicious soft chicken breaded with flour mixture and buttermilk. The chicken is deep-fried and is loaded with the taste of buttermilk and the seasoning spices. This chicken can be enjoyed with any spicy condiment.
2. Cracker Barrel’s Fried Apples– Cracker Barrel fried apples are caramelized apples cooked in butter and apple juice. The taste of these apples is amped up by adding apple pie spice and brown sugar. This apple dessert is filled with the sweetness of brown sugar with spicy notes of cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg. The applesauce adds more delight to its taste.
3. Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole– Cracker Barrel hashbrown casserole has creamy hashbrown under the layer of melted cheese in a casserole. The hash brown is mixed with cheese, chicken soup cream, and onions. It’s seasoned with salt and pepper. This casserole dish is enjoyed as a cheesy delicious side dish.
4. Cracker Barrel Banana Pudding– Cracker Barrel banana pudding has crispy vanilla crackers with creamy smooth pudding on top of it. The pudding is loaded with the flavors of cream cheese and vanilla. The banana slices are layered over the pudding and it’s topped with whipped cream.
What's In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need For Cracker Barrel Meatloaf?
- Bowl- Use a large mixing bowl to make the meatloaf mix.
- Loaf Pan- Use a loaf pan or a baking pan to make the meatloaf.
- Spatula- You will need a spatula to mix the ingredients for the meatloaf.
- Baking Sheet- Line the loaf pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Cracker Barrel Meatloaf?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Resting Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||1 Hour 10 Minutes||15 Minutes||1 Hour 40 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need For Cracker Barrel Meatloaf?
- Beef- Beef is the main ingredient in this recipe. Use two pounds of lean ground beef to make cracker barrel meatloaf.
- Onion- Onion gives a mildly sweet flavor to this dish. Use a small onion finely diced for this recipe.
- Bell Pepper- Dice a half bell pepper for this recipe. The bell pepper gives a mild spicy flavor. You can avoid adding bell pepper if you want.
- Ritz Crackers- Use one and a half sleeves of crushed Ritz crackers for this recipe.
- Eggs- Eggs keep the meatloaf soft and add more flavor to it. I’ve used three eggs in this recipe.
- Cheese- Use four ounces of shredded sharp cheddar cheese. You can use Colby cheese for this recipe.
- Milk- Add milk to the beef mixture to give softness and a nice texture to it.
- Salt- Add a teaspoon of salt to enhance the taste of the dish.
- Black Pepper- Add some heat by adding a one-fourth teaspoon of black pepper to it.
- Ketchup- Top the delicious meatloaf with a half cup of ketchup.
- Brown Sugar- Add brown sugar to the ketchup. Use two tablespoons of brown sugar.
- Mustard- Add a teaspoon of mustard to ketchup to have the taste of mustard in the dish.
Steps To Make Cracker Barrel Meatloaf
1. Combine The Ingredients For Meatloaf
Take a large bowl and add onions, cheese, bell pepper, cracker crumbs, and eggs to it. Now, add milk, black pepper, and salt. Mix them to combine and then add ground beef. Mix again to combine but don’t over mix. Take a baking sheet or a pan lined with parchment paper and place the meatloaf on it.
2. Bake And Add The Topping
Bake it for about 30 minutes in the preheated oven (350 F). Meanwhile, make the topping by mixing ketchup, brown sugar, and mustard. Remove the meatloaf from the oven and brush the topping. Bake for another 40 minutes until the internal temperature of the meat reaches 160 F. Remove and let it sit for 15 minutes before you start slicing it.
|Saturated Fat||13 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||9 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Vitamin A||736 IU|
|Vitamin C||18 mg|
How Will Cracker Barrel Meatloaf Look and Taste?
That’s it! The recipe for Cracker barrel meatloaf is really that simple. It’s fork-tender and filled with meaty flavors of ground beef. The cheese, along with veggies like onions and bell pepper, adds more flavor to this dish. Every bite is loaded with soft beef and crispy crackers. The topping gives a tangy taste with a mild sweet and spicy flavor of brown sugar and mustard.
Cracker Barrel Meatloaf Recipe
- Loaf pan
- Baking Sheet
- 2 pounds Lean Ground Beef
- 1 small Onion (finely diced)
- 1/2 cup Bell Pepper (finely diced)
- 1.5 Ritz Crackers (crushed)
- 3 Eggs
- 4 ounces Cheddar (or Colby Cheese, shredded)
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup Ketchup
- 2 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Mustard
- In a large bowl add onions, cheese, bell pepper, cracker crumbs, and eggs to it. Now, add black pepper, milk, and salt. Mix them to combine and then stir in ground beef. Mix them again to combine but don’t over mix. Take a baking sheet or a pan lined with parchment paper and place the meatloaf on it.
- Bake it for about 30 minutes in the preheated oven (350 F). Meanwhile, make the topping by mixing ketchup, brown sugar, and mustard. Remove the meatloaf from the oven and brush the topping. Bake for another 40 minutes until the internal temperature of the meat reaches 160 F. Remove and let it sit for 15 minutes before you start slicing it.
Did you try this recipe? Tell me in the comments below if you liked it. You can try our other recipes too.