Whatever comes out from Cracker Barrel’s kitchen never fails to win hearts! Cracker Barrel mashed potatoes is one the most simple and elegant dishes served there. These creamy mashed potatoes are enriched with margarine and milk. The salt-pepper seasoning does its work to enhance the taste. So, there’s nothing extra in this dish. The taste is all-natural! I have this amazing copycat recipe from the Cracker Barrel menu for you. Try this recipe and you’ll believe it when you taste it.
Cracker Barrel mashed potatoes are soft potatoes whipped with margarine and milk. It’s so smooth and creamy that it can also be enjoyed as a dip with any snack. You can add your own choice of flavors to it. But keeping it this way would definitely make you feel like it’s made in Cracker Barrel’s kitchen. The recipe for Cracker Barrel is super easy and anyone can make this restaurant dish at home like a pro. All you need is just read the recipe and follow the instructions.
Cracker Barrel mashed potatoes does not require much ingredients and equipment (as you know, already!). I’ve mentioned the lists below. Check them out and start with the instructions. You’ll be ready with the famous Cracker Barrel’s mashed potatoes within a few minutes. But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other copycat Cracker Barrel recipes from our website.
1. Cracker Barrel Baby Carrots– Cracker Barrel baby carrots has soft and tender carrots. These are flavored with brown sugar, butter, and salt. These carrots can be enjoyed as a side dish. Cracker Barrel carrots are easy to make at home and get ready within a few minutes.
2. Cracker Barrel Green Beans– Cracker Barrel green bean has bacon cooked with green beans (with juice) and onion. This mixture is seasoned with salt and pepper. These soft and tender beans can be enjoyed as a perfect side dish with meat or any other main course meal.
3. Cracker Barrel Biscuits– Cracker Barrel biscuits can be enjoyed as a soft and fluffy side dish. These biscuits are loaded with butter, buttermilk, and sugar. Melted butter on top adds more delight to its incredible taste. These biscuits are made from a soft dough and are baked to perfection.
4. Cracker Barrel Homestyle Chicken– Cracker Barrel homestyle chicken has crispy chicken breaded with buttermilk and seasoning flour. It’s deep-fried until it’s crispy and golden brown. This chicken can be served with any side dish or a condiment.
What's In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need For Cracker Barrel Mashed Potatoes?
- Bowl- Use a large mixing bowl to mash the potatoes with milk and margarine.
- Masher-To mash the potatoes, you’ll need a masher.
- Pot- Use a pot to cook the potatoes before mashing them.
- Blender- You can use a blender to mash the potatoes faster with milk and margarine.
- Sieve- Use a fine sieve to drain cooked potatoes.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Cracker Barrel Mashed Potatoes?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||10 Minutes||20 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need For Cracker Barrel Mashed Potatoes?
- Potatoes- Potatoes are the main ingredient for this recipe. Use about two and a half pounds of Russet potatoes for this recipe.
- Margarine- Margarine is one of the substitutes for butter. It gives a rich texture to mashed potatoes and adds more flavor. In case you want to use butter, make sure it is unsalted; otherwise, you’ll have to reduce the amount of salt added to mashed potatoes.
- Milk- Add about one-fourth cup of milk to give a nice texture to the mashed potatoes. Milk makes the potatoes creamy smooth and prevents from having a thick texture or having any lumps.
- Salt- Salt enhances the taste of the mashed potatoes. Add salt according to the taste in this dish. I’ve added a teaspoon of salt to the potatoes.
- Black Pepper- Add some heat by adding a half teaspoon of black pepper to the potatoes.
Steps To Make Cracker Barrel Mashed Potatoes
1. Peel And Cut The Potatoes
Wash the potatoes and peel them using a hand-handled peeler. Cut the potatoes into small pieces (about one inch) and add them to the pot containing water.
2. Boil Them
Fill the pot with enough water to cover the potatoes (with ½ inch extra water). Cook the potatoes over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes. Let the potatoes be fork tender and then drain the potatoes.
3. Mash And Serve
Add the potatoes, margarine, and milk to a large bowl. Mash the potatoes and let them combine with milk and margarine. Season the mixture with salt and pepper. The Cracker Barrel’s mashed potatoes are ready to serve.
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||6 g|
|Vitamin A||530 IU|
|Vitamin C||16 mg|
How Will Cracker Barrel Mashed Potatoes Look and Taste?
Cracker Barrel mashed potatoes are smooth and creamy. This dish is loaded with the taste of potatoes, milk, and margarine. The seasoning spices like salt and pepper add a slightly salty and peppery flavor. It’s garnished with chopped herbs or chives. Cracker Barrel mashed potatoes can be enjoyed as a side dish or as a dip with any main course meal.
Cracker Barrel Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 2.5 pounds Russet Potatoes
- 4 tablespoons Margarine
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Cut the potatoes into small pieces (about one inch) and add them to the pot containing water.
- Make sure the potatoes are covered with water (with ½ inch extra water) in the pot. Cook the potatoes over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes. Let the potatoes be fork tender and then drain the potatoes.
- Take a large bowl and add the potatoes, margarine, and milk. Mash the potatoes and let them combine with milk and margarine. Season the mixture with salt and pepper. The Cracker Barrel’s mashed potatoes are ready to serve.
Share your experience with this recipe in the comments below. Try our other copycat recipes too.