What’s better than an all-in-one pot meal with a crowd-pleasing taste! Casserole recipes from the latest Cracker Barrel menu are one such kind. Out of all the casserole dishes I’ve tried, Cracker Barrel hashbrown casserole is for my happy hour and beyond. This casserole dish has melted cheese on top with creamy, delicious hash brown inside. This dish is loaded with cheese and sour cream. It’s a perfect potluck dish when it comes to feeding the crowd with a sophisticated side dish.
Cracker Barrel hashbrown casserole has cheese-loaded hash brown mixed with sour cream and onion. Butter and sour cream added to it prevents it from drying out while adding more flavors. You can replace cheddar cheese with any other cheese. You can bake the hash brown for a few more minutes if you want them to be crispier. The aluminum foil traps the moisture inside. Salt and pepper add basic seasoning flavor to it.
Before you try the recipe for Cracker Barrel hashbrown casserole, check out the lists below. You’ll get to know about the equipment and ingredients required for this recipe. Try this recipe and enjoy this casserole dish with your family and friends. But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other copycat Cracker Barrel recipes from our website.
1. Cracker Barrel Meatloaf– Cracker Barrel meatloaf has ground beef mixed with onions and bell pepper. It’s infused with the flavors of cheese and Ritz crackers. It’s seasoned with salt and pepper. Brown sugar gives sweetness to it and balances all the flavors in it.
2. Cracker Barrel Fried Chicken– Cracker Barrel fried chicken has a delicious soft chicken breaded with flour mixture and buttermilk. The chicken is deep-fried and is loaded with the taste of buttermilk and the seasoning spices. This chicken can be enjoyed with any spicy condiment.
3. Cracker Barrel’s Fried Apples– Cracker Barrel fried apples are caramelized apples cooked in butter and apple juice. The taste of these apples is amped up by adding apple pie spice and brown sugar. This apple dessert is filled with the sweetness of brown sugar with spicy notes of cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg. The applesauce adds more delight to its taste.
4. Cracker Barrel Banana Pudding– Cracker Barrel banana pudding has crispy vanilla crackers with creamy smooth pudding on top of it. The pudding is loaded with the flavors of cream cheese and vanilla. The banana slices are layered over the pudding and it’s topped with whipped cream.
What's In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need For Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole?
- Bowl- Use a large bowl to make the hash brown mixture for this recipe.
- Spatula- Use a saucepan to combine the ingredients into a smooth hash brown mixture.
- Casserole dish- I’ve used a 9×13 baking pan (or casserole dish) for this recipe.
- Cooking Spray- Grease the pan with cooking spray before adding the hash brown mixture to it.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||55 Minutes||1 Hour 15 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need For Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole?
- Hash Browns- This dish is incomplete without hashbrowns. You need about thirty ounces of thawed hashbrowns for this recipe.
- Butter- Melt a stick of butter for this recipe. Butter adds more flavor to the hashbrown and keeps them moist.
- Chicken Soup- Use a can of chicken soup cream. It’s filled with the taste of chicken, seasoning spices, and cream.
- Onion- Chop a large onion into small pieces to add a mildly sweet flavor to this casserole recipe.
- Cheddar Cheese- I’ve used eight ounces of shredded cheddar cheese for this recipe. You can use any other type of cheese if you want.
- Salt- To season the hashbrown with salt, add a teaspoon of salt to the mixture.
- Black Pepper- A half teaspoon of black pepper is enough to add heat and spiciness to this dish.
- Sour Cream- Add a cup of sour cream to enhance the texture and add depth to the flavors of this dish.
Steps To Make Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole
1. Mix The Ingredients
Mix onions, pepper, soup, salt, and cheese in a large bowl. Add sour cream and mix to combine all the ingredients. Add hashbrown and butter to the bowl and give a few folds to combine it with all the ingredients.
Grease the baking dish or casserole dish with cooking spray. Transfer the mixture to the baking dish and cover it with foil. Bake for about 40 to 45 minutes in the preheated oven (350 F). Remove from the oven ten minutes before, add cheese on top and bake until the time it’s done.
|Saturated Fat||139 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||13 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||63 g|
|Trans Fat||4 g|
|Vitamin A||7091 IU|
|Vitamin C||77 mg|
How Will Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole Look and Taste?
Cracker Barrel hashbrown casserole is filled with cheesy hashbrowns. Every forkful bite can flood you with the flavors of cheese, cream, onions, and chicken soup cream. It has the basic seasoning flavor of salt and pepper. It’s a delicious crowd-pleasing party side.
Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole Recipe
- Oven-proof Casserole or Baking Pan (9×13)
- Cooking Spray
- 30 ounces Frozen Hash Browns (thawed)
- 1 stick Butter (melted)
- 1 can Cream Chicken Soup
- 1 small Onion chopped
- 8 ounces Cheddar Cheese (shredded )
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- In a large bowl, add onions, pepper, soup, salt, and cheese. Now, add sour cream and mix to combine. Add hashbrown and butter to the bowl and give a few folds to combine it with all the ingredients.
- Grease the casserole dish with cooking spray. Transfer the mixture to the baking dish and cover with foil. Bake it for about 40 to 45 minutes in the preheated oven (350 F). Remove from the oven ten minutes before, add cheese on top and bake until the time it’s done.
Tell me in the comments about your experience with this dish. Try our other copycat recipes too.