It’s hard to make green beans exciting, especially for kids. But have you tried Cracker Barrel green beans from the extensive menu? These beans are cooked with bacon and onions and filled with the most exciting flavors. It’s so delicious that once it’s served, it doesn’t stay for longer on the table. You must try the recipe for Cracker Barrel green beans at home. It’s extremely easy to try and tastes exactly like the one served at Cracker Barrel.
Cracker Barrel green beans have crispy bacon and soft onions cooked with beans. This trio is infused with the flavors from the juice (of beans) and the seasoning spices. The sugar added to this dish gives a hint of sweetness to it. You can go on adding more spices and veggies if you want to customize it your way. Pair these beans with any main course dish of your choice and enjoy the best of Cracker Barrel’s kitchen right at your home.
I have all the details you need to make Cracker Barrel green beans. Just check out the lists below and see if you have all the necessary equipment and ingredients available with you. The recipe instructions are really simple. Just give it a try and enjoy this healthy side dish. But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other copycat Cracker Barrel recipes from our website.
1. Cracker Barrel Mashed Potatoes– Cracker Barrel mashed potatoes has creamy mashed potatoes loaded with the taste of cream, milk, and soft potatoes. This delicious mixture is seasoned with salt and pepper. Cracker Barrel mashed potatoes can be enjoyed as a side with any main course meal.
2. Cracker Barrel Baby Carrots– Cracker Barrel baby carrots has soft and tender carrots. These are flavored with brown sugar, butter, and salt. These carrots can be enjoyed as a side dish. Cracker Barrel carrots are easy to make at home and get ready within a few minutes.
3. Cracker Barrel Biscuits– Cracker Barrel biscuits can be enjoyed as a soft and fluffy side dish. These biscuits are loaded with butter, buttermilk, and sugar. Melted butter on top adds more delight to its incredible taste. These biscuits are made from a soft dough and are baked to perfection.
4. Cracker Barrel Homestyle Chicken– Cracker Barrel homestyle chicken has crispy chicken breaded with buttermilk and seasoning flour. It’s deep-fried until it’s crispy and golden brown. This chicken can be served with any side dish or a condiment.
What's In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need For Cracker Barrel Green Beans?
- Bowl- Use a bowl to keep the ingredients before using them in the recipe.
- Saucepan- Use a saucepan with a lid to cook green beans with bacon and onions.
- Spatula- A spatula is the main equipment to safely stir the veggies and combine them with seasoning flavors.
- Spoon- Use a spoon to add spices to the pan.
- Knife- Use a knife to cut the onions and bacon for this recipe.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Cracker Barrel Green Beans?
What Ingredients Will You Need For Cracker Barrel Green Beans?
- Bacon- I’ve used a one-fourth pound of sliced bacon for this recipe. Cut the bacon into the 1-inch pieces before adding it to the pan.
- Green beans- Use three 14-ounce cans of green beans for this dish. Use the can of green beans with liquid.
- Onion- Peel and chop a one-fourth yellow onion. It adds a mildly sweet flavor to the dish.
- Sugar- Add a teaspoon of granulated sugar to balance the flavors and to add sweetness to the beans.
- Salt- Add a half teaspoon of salt to enhance the taste of this dish.
- Pepper- Add half-teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper to add spiciness and heat to the beans.
Steps To Make Cracker Barrel Green Beans
1. Cook Bacon And Beans
Set a saucepan over medium heat and cook bacon in it until it’s brown. Make sure the bacon is not crispy yet. Now, add beans to the pan. Let them cook for about two minutes. Add onion on top of beans and cook onions until they’re soft and translucent.
2. Season And Serve
Sprinkle salt, sugar, and pepper on top and stir the veggies in the pan to combine them with the seasoning spices. Cover the pan with a lid and bring the mixture to a boil. Now, reduce the heat and simmer for about 45 minutes.
How Will Cracker Barrel Green Beans Look and Taste?
Cracker Barrel green beans recipe has a delicious combination of bacon, beans, and onions. It has the taste of beans, crispy bacon, mildly sweet onion with spicy notes of pepper. Salt enhances the taste of this dish, while sugar adds sweetness to it. This side dish goes well with almost every main course meal. It’s served warm and garnished with herbs (if desired).
Cracker Barrel Green Beans Recipe
- 1/4 pound Bacon
- 3 cans Green Beans (with liquid)
- 1/4 Yellow Onion (peeled and chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Set a saucepan over medium heat and cook bacon in it until it’s brown. Make sure the bacon is not crispy yet. Now, add beans to the pan. Let them cook for about two minutes. Add onion on top of beans and cook onions until they’re soft and translucent.
- Sprinkle salt, sugar, and pepper on top and stir the veggies in the pan to combine them with the seasoning spices. Cover the pan with a lid and bring the mixture to a boil. Now, reduce the heat and simmer for about 45 minutes.
Were your beans too exactly as mentioned above? Tell me about it in the comments below. Try out our other copycat recipes too.