Have you tried crispy fried chicken from Cracker Barrel? It’s one of the famous chicken dishes served at Cracker Barrel restaurant. This delicious crispy chicken is coated with the flavors of buttermilk and spices. Check out the complete recipe to enjoy the dish as a side dish.
What I love about Cracker Barrel fried chicken is that it can be made easily at home. It’s so delicious that it’s hard to resist once you try it. It’s a perfect party snack and is filled with the goodness of chicken. You don’t need to put much work into making Cracker Barrel fried chicken. If you don’t believe me, just read the recipe below.
You’ll find the list of ingredients and equipment required to make Cracker Barrel fried chicken. Gather all the ingredients and equipment before working on the recipe procedure. You can use a large pot in place of the deep fryer if you don’t have it. Try this recipe now and I’m sure you’ll love this recipe. But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other copycat Cracker Barrel recipes from our website.
1. Cracker Barrel Meatloaf– Cracker Barrel meatloaf has ground beef mixed with onions and bell pepper. It’s infused with the flavors of cheese and Ritz crackers. It’s seasoned with salt and pepper. Brown sugar gives sweetness to it and balances all the flavors in it.
2. Cracker Barrel’s Fried Apples– Cracker Barrel fried apples are caramelized apples cooked in butter and apple juice. The taste of these apples is amped up by adding apple pie spice and brown sugar. This apple dessert is filled with the sweetness of brown sugar with spicy notes of cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg. The applesauce adds more delight to its taste.
3. Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole– Cracker Barrel hashbrown casserole has creamy hashbrown under the layer of melted cheese in a casserole. The hash brown is mixed with cheese, chicken soup cream, and onions. It’s seasoned with salt and pepper. This casserole dish is enjoyed as a cheesy delicious side dish.
4. Cracker Barrel Banana Pudding– Cracker Barrel banana pudding has crispy vanilla crackers with creamy smooth pudding on top of it. The pudding is loaded with the flavors of cream cheese and vanilla. The banana slices are layered over the pudding and it’s topped with whipped cream.
What Equipment Will You Need For Cracker Barrel Fried Chicken?
- Bowl- Use a large bowl to make the flour mixture and a small bowl to make the buttermilk mixture of the chicken.
- Kitchen Tongs- Use kitchen tongs to transfer the chicken from a wire rack to the plate.
- Spoon- Use a spoon to mix the ingredients for the flour mixture or the buttermilk mixture.
- Deep Fryer- To deep fry the chicken, you need a deep fryer. You can also use a large pot to deep fry the chicken.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Cracker Barrel Fried Chicken?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||30 Minutes||45 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need For Cracker Barrel Fried Chicken?
- Chicken- Chicken is the main ingredient in this recipe. I’ve used a whole chicken for this recipe. You need to cut the chicken into pieces before using it in this recipe.
- All-purpose Flour- All-purpose flour is the main ingredient to make the breaded chicken. You need to use three cups of all-purpose flour for this recipe.
- Salt- Salt season the chicken and enhances its taste. You need to add three teaspoons of salt to this recipe.
- Black Pepper- Add three teaspoons of freshly ground black pepper to add spicy seasoning flavor to the chicken.
- Buttermilk- Buttermilk adds flavor to the chicken. It’s an important ingredient to make breaded chicken. You need to use three cups of buttermilk for this recipe.
- Water- Add a three-fourths cup of water to dilute the buttermilk.
- Oil- This recipe is incomplete without oil. As you need to deep fry the chicken, use olive oil. You can use any other oil for frying if you want.
Steps To Make Cracker Barrel Fried Chicken
1. Season The Chicken
Prepare the seasoning flour by mixing flour, pepper and salt in a bowl. Make a mixture of buttermilk and water in another bowl. Take the dry pieces of chicken and season them with pepper and salt. Put the chicken pieces in the bowl containing the flour mixture and rub the mixture all over the chicken. Now, dip the chicken in the buttermilk mixture. Place these chicken pieces on the wire rack and let the flavors meld into it.
2. Deep Fry
Deep fry the chicken in a large pot or a preheated (350 F) deep fryer with 3 to 4 inches of oil in it. Allow the thighs and breasts to cook for about 15 or 18 minutes and wings or legs for 13 minutes. Drain the chicken by placing it on the wire rack on a baking sheet.
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Vitamin A||286 IU|
|Vitamin C||2 mg|
How Will Cracker Barrel Fried Chicken Look and Taste?
Cracker Barrel fried chicken is deep-fried with buttermilk and flour mixture coated all over it. This delicious chicken is infused with the flavors of salt and pepper along with buttermilk. These are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. You can enjoy this chicken with any condiment of your choice.
Cracker Barrel Fried Chicken Recipe
- Deep Fryer
- Kitchen Tongs
- 1 Whole Chicken
- 3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 3 cups Buttermilk
- 3/4 cups Water
- Oil for frying
- 3 teaspoons Salt
- 3 teaspoons Ground Black Pepper
- For seasoning flour, mix flour, pepper and salt in a bowl. Make buttermilk mixture by mixing buttermilk with water in another bowl. Season dry pieces of chicken with pepper and salt.
- Put this chicken in the bowl containing the flour mixture and rub the mixture all over the chicken. Now, dip the chicken in the buttermilk mixture. Place them on the wire rack and let the flavors meld.
- Deep fry the chicken in a large pot or a preheated (350 F) deep fryer with 3 to 4 inches of oil in it. Allow the thighs and breasts to cook for about 15 or 18 minutes and wings or legs for 13 minutes. Drain the chicken by placing it on the wire rack on a baking sheet.
Did you enjoy this crispy chicken recipe? We have more copycat recipes for you. Try those recipes too.