Cracker Barrel French toast is bread soaked in an egg mixture loaded with sweet flavors of sugar and vanilla. It’s a Cracker Barrel version of classic French breakfast. The soft bread is wrapped in an egg cooked with butter and is infused with the flavor of butter, sugar, and vanilla. Cracker Barrel French toast is surprisingly easy to make. Trust me! You can make this restaurant-style toast as perfectly as from the menu of Cracker Barrel, even if you’re a beginner at cooking.
Cracker Barrel French toast has crispy egg coated on soft bread slices. The maple syrup and butter on top compliment the taste of the French toast. The bread is soaked with all the flavors in the egg mixture. You can also use a non-stick saucepan in place of the griddle, in case, you don’t have it. The recipe for Cracker Barrel french toast is simple and can be easily tried at home.
To start with the recipe of Cracker Barrel French toast, check out the lists below, along with the recipe instructions. Follow the instructions carefully to have the toasts exactly as Cracker Barrel’s French toast. Try this recipe now and enjoy your delicious breakfast. But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other copycat Cracker Barrel recipes from our website.
1. Cracker Barrel Coca-Cola Chocolate Cake– Cracker Barrel Coca-Cola chocolate cake has soft cake filled with Coca-Cola and chocolate flavor. The frosting used in this dessert is filled with the flavors of Coca-Cola, cocoa powder, and chocolate syrup.
2. Cracker Barrel Pancake– Cracker Barrel pancakes are loaded with the taste of eggs, butter, and sugar. These pancakes have a smooth batter filled with butter, eggs, and buttermilk. These pancakes are fluffy and soft and are served with butter and maple syrup.
3. Cracker Barrel Chocolate Pecan Pie- Cracker Barrel chocolate pecan pie has chopped pecans and chocolate chips with sweet and smooth pie filling in crispy pie crust. The pie filling is loaded with the flavors of margarine, vanilla, and eggs. Pecans and chocolate chips added on top give a nutty-sweet crunch to each bite.
4. Cracker Barrel Chicken And Dumplings-Cracker Barrel chicken and dumplings has shredded chicken dredged in thick and flavorsome gravy. The dumplings are spongy and soft and are loaded with the flavors of chicken and veggies like onion and celery. It’s seasoned with salt and pepper. This dish can be enjoyed as a side dish with any main course meal.
What Equipment Will You Need For Cracker Barrel French Toast?
- Bowl- Use a large bow to prep the egg mixture for the toast.
- Griddle- You would need a griddle to crisp up the toast.
- Spatula- Use an offset spatula to flip the toast on the griddle.
- Whisk- You can use a whisk to mix the ingredients for the egg mixture.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Cracker Barrel French Toast?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||20 Minutes||25 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need For Cracker Barrel French Toast?
- Bread- Bread is the main ingredient in this recipe. I’ve used eight slices of Texas toast for this recipe. You can use sourdough bread or any other bread of your choice.
- Eggs- Eggs keep the bread soft from the inside and add more taste and flavor to the toast.
- Milk- Add milk to balance the flavors and to keep the toast moist from inside. You need to add a cup of milk to the egg mixture.
- Sugar- Add about two tablespoons of sugar to the egg mixture to add sweetness to the toast.
- Vanilla Extract- To add vanilla flavor to the toast, add four teaspoons of vanilla extract to the egg mixture.
- Salt- Salt enhances the taste of the toast and balances the excess sweetness in it. Add just two pinches of salt to the egg mixture.
Steps To Make Cracker Barrel French Toast
1. Dip The Bread In Egg Mixture
Combine sugar, egg, vanilla, salt, and milk in a large bowl. Dip each slice of the bread in this egg mixture for about 30 seconds on each side.
2. Toast It
Grease the preheated griddle (350 F) with butter and cook the bread slices on it for about 4 to 5 minutes until the slices are golden brown from both sides. Serve these slices with butter or maple syrup.
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Vitamin A||336 IU|
How Will Cracker Barrel French Toast Look and Taste?
Cracker Barrel French toast has a crispy crust of egg mixture and soft bread inside. It’s loaded with the taste of egg, vanilla, and the sweetness of sugar. The egg mixture gives a crispy golden finish to this toast. It’s served with butter or maple syrup on top. It’s a sweet breakfast that gets ready within a few minutes.
Cracker Barrel French Toast Recipe
- Kitchen Tongs
- 8 slices Texas Toast (or Sourdough bread)
- 4 Eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 Tablespoon Sugar
- 4 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 pinches Salt
- Mix sugar, egg, vanilla, salt, and milk in a large bowl. Dip each slice of the bread in this egg mixture for about 30 seconds on each side.
- Grease the preheated griddle (350 F) with butter and cook the bread slices on it for about 4 to 5 minutes until the slices are golden brown from both sides. Serve these slices with butter or maple syrup.
Did you enjoy this delicious breakfast dish? Tell me in the comments below and try our other copycat recipes too.