Cracker Barrel French toast is bread soaked in an egg mixture loaded with sweet flavors of sugar and vanilla. It’s a Cracker Barrel version of classic French breakfast. Filled with fragrant and sweet flavors the toast is surprisingly easy to make. Trust me! You can make this restaurant-style toast as perfectly as from the menu of Cracker Barrel, even if you’re a beginner at cooking.
Cracker Barrel French toast has crispy egg coated on soft bread slices. The maple syrup and butter on top compliment the taste of the French toast. The bread is soaked with all the flavors in the egg mixture. You can also use a non-stick saucepan in place of the griddle, in case, you don’t have it.
The recipe for Cracker Barrel french toast is simple and can be prepared in no time. Grab your pantry items and begin to cook Cracker Barrel French toast right in your kitchen. Dip the bread toast into the egg mixture and fry until it is crispy and golden brown. Peep into the recipe with details.
Check out the detailed list of equipment, ingredients, nutritional facts, and instructions. Follow the instructions carefully to have the toast exactly like Cracker Barrel’s French toast. Try this recipe now and enjoy your delicious breakfast. But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other copycat Cracker Barrel recipes from our website.
1. Cracker Barrel Coca-Cola Chocolate Cake– Cracker Barrel Coca-Cola chocolate cake has a soft cake filled with Coca-Cola and chocolate flavor. The frosting used in this dessert is filled with the flavors of Coca-Cola, cocoa powder, and chocolate syrup.
2. Cracker Barrel Pancake– Cracker Barrel pancakes are loaded with the taste of eggs, butter, and sugar. These pancakes have a smooth batter filled with butter, eggs, and buttermilk. These pancakes are fluffy and soft and are served with butter and maple syrup.
3. Cracker Barrel Chocolate Pecan Pie- Cracker Barrel chocolate pecan pie has chopped pecans and chocolate chips with sweet and smooth pie filling in crispy pie crust. The pie filling is loaded with the flavors of margarine, vanilla, and eggs. Pecans and chocolate chips added on top give a nutty-sweet crunch to each bite.
4. Cracker Barrel Chicken And Dumplings-Cracker Barrel chicken and dumplings has shredded chicken dredged in thick and flavorsome gravy. The dumplings are spongy and soft and are loaded with the flavors of chicken and veggies like onion and celery. It’s seasoned with salt and pepper. This dish can be enjoyed as a side dish with any main course meal.
What Equipment Will You Need For Cracker Barrel French Toast?
- Bowl – Use a large bow to prep the egg mixture for the toast.
- Griddle – You would need a griddle to crisp up the toast.
- Spatula – Use an offset spatula to flip the toast on the griddle.
- Whisk – You can use a whisk to mix the ingredients for the egg mixture.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Cracker Barrel French Toast?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||20 Minutes||25 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need For Cracker Barrel French Toast?
- Bread – Bread is the main ingredient in this recipe. I’ve used eight slices of Texas toast for this recipe. You can use sourdough bread or any other bread of your choice.
- Eggs – Eggs keep the bread soft from the inside and add more taste and flavor to the toast.
- Milk – Add milk to balance the flavors and to keep the toast moist from the inside. You need to add a cup of milk to the egg mixture.
- Sugar – Add about two tablespoons of sugar to the egg mixture to add sweetness to the toast.
- Vanilla Extract – To add vanilla flavor to the toast, add four teaspoons of vanilla extract to the egg mixture.
- Salt – Salt enhances the taste of the toast and balances the excess sweetness in it. Add just two pinches of salt to the egg mixture.
Steps To Make Cracker Barrel French Toast
Combine sugar, egg, vanilla, salt, and milk in a large bowl. Dip each slice of the bread in this egg mixture for about 30 seconds on each side.
2. Griddle’s Turn
Grease the preheated griddle (350 F) with butter and cook the bread slices on it for about 4 to 5 minutes until the slices are golden brown from both sides. Serve these slices with butter or maple syrup.
How Will Cracker Barrel French Toast Look and Taste?
Cracker Barrel French toast has a crispy crust of egg mixture and soft bread inside. It’s loaded with the taste of egg, vanilla, and the sweetness of sugar. The egg mixture gives a crispy golden finish to this toast. It’s served with butter or maple syrup on top. It’s a sweet breakfast that gets ready within a few minutes.
Cracker Barrel French Toast Recipe
- 8 slices Texas Toast (or Sourdough bread)
- 4 Eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 Tablespoon Sugar
- 4 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 pinches Salt
- Mix sugar, egg, vanilla, salt, and milk in a large bowl. Dip each slice of the bread in this egg mixture for about 30 seconds on each side.
- Grease the preheated griddle (350 F) with butter and cook the bread slices on it for about 4 to 5 minutes until the slices are golden brown from both sides. Serve these slices with butter or maple syrup.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is the French toast at Cracker Barrel good?
French toast served at Cracker Barrel are amazingly delicious. Dipped in flavored egg mixture the French toast gives you jaw-dropping experience.
How do you make French toast not soggy?
Take a spoongy bread that can soak up enough mixture. Also, make sure it is sturdy and dense to cook evenly in the pan.
What kind of bread should be used for French toast?
For making Fench toast you can use Brioche, French, Bagutte, and Challah breads.
How much is Cracker Barrel’s French toast for?
Cracker Barrel’s costs you $7.99 for a French toast.
Did you enjoy this delicious breakfast dish? Tell me in the comments below and try our other copycat recipes too.