What makes Cracker Barrel chicken tenders so good!! I know, it’s hard to make such a masterpiece at home (as you know, this chicken dries out easily). These chicken bites are softer than ever tasted and juicy. It’s loaded with the flavors of Italian dressing and lime juice. Who doesn’t like that? If you wish to make these famous Cracker Barrel chicken tenders at home, I’m glad you’re here. I have this copycat recipe for Cracker Barrel chicken tenders just for you.
Cracker Barrel chicken tenders are loaded with tons of flavors from the marinade mixture. At Cracker Barrel restaurant, this chicken is served with Mac and cheese along with broccoli. But you can serve it with your choice of sides. The recipe for Cracker Barrel chicken tender is super easy. All you need is to coat the chicken with the marinade (made from Italian dressing) and let the magic happen for about an hour. Make sure you marinate it for not more than 8 hours. Then, cook it in the pan or grill it.
Check out a more detailed recipe for Cracker Barrel chicken tenders below. You’ll get to know about the ingredients and all the equipment you need. If you cook more often, you might already have most of the ingredients you need. Try this recipe and I’m sure you’ll love this delicious chicken. But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other copycat Cracker Barrel recipes from our website.
1. Cracker Barrel Mashed Potatoes– Cracker Barrel mashed potatoes has creamy mashed potatoes loaded with the taste of cream, milk, and soft potatoes. This delicious mixture is seasoned with salt and pepper. Cracker Barrel mashed potatoes can be enjoyed as a side with any main course meal.
2. Cracker Barrel Baby Carrots– Cracker Barrel baby carrots has soft and tender carrots. These are flavored with brown sugar, butter, and salt. These carrots can be enjoyed as a side dish. Cracker Barrel carrots are easy to make at home and get ready within a few minutes.
3. Cracker Barrel Green Beans– Cracker Barrel green bean has bacon cooked with green beans (with juice) and onion. This mixture is seasoned with salt and pepper. These soft and tender beans can be enjoyed as a perfect side dish with meat or any other main course meal.
4. Cracker Barrel Homestyle Chicken– Cracker Barrel homestyle chicken has crispy chicken breaded with buttermilk and seasoning flour. It’s deep-fried until it’s crispy and golden brown. This chicken can be served with any side dish or a condiment.
What's In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need For Cracker Barrel Chicken Tenders?
- Bowl- Use a small bowl to make the marinade mixture for this recipe.
- Saucepan-Use a large non-stick pan to cook the chicken. You can use a grill to sear the chicken if you want.
- Spatula- Use a large offset spatula to flip the chicken in the pan.
- Kitchen Tongs- Use kitchen tongs (if not spatula) to safely flip the chicken pieces in the pan.
- Whisk- Use a whisk to make the marinade mixture for this recipe.
- Cling Film- Wrap the seasoned chicken with the cling film to let it marinate for a few hours.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Cracker Barrel Chicken Tenders?
What Ingredients Will You Need For Cracker Barrel Chicken Tenders?
- Italian Dressing- Italian dressing is a blend of aromatic herbs like basil, thyme, rosemary, and vinegar, along with spices. Italian dressing adds delicious herbal flavors and spiciness to the chicken. You need to use a half cup of Italian dressing for this recipe.
- Honey- Honey adds sweetness to the chicken and balances all the bitter-spicy flavors in the chicken. You need to add one and a half teaspoons of honey to the marinade mixture.
- Lime juice- Lime juice added to the marinade will marinate the chicken faster and add a citrusy flavor to it. A teaspoon of lime juice is enough for the marinade.
- Chicken- Chicken is the main ingredient in this recipe. I’ve used about one pound of chicken tenderloins.
Steps To Make Cracker Barrel Chicken Tenders
1. Combine The Marinade
In a small bowl mix, Italian dressing with honey and lime juice. Mix them to form a smooth seasoning mixture. Then, rub this mixture all over the chicken pieces and wrap the chicken with a cling film. Refrigerate the chicken for up to 8 hours (or just for an hour).
2. Cook The Marinated Chicken
Remove the chicken from the refrigerator at least 15 minutes before you start cooking it. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and cook the chicken in it for about 4 to 5 minutes on each side until the temperature of the chicken reaches 165 F. Transfer the chicken to the plate, remove the juices from the pan and let it dry. Now, return the chicken to the pan and sear it until the skin of the chicken is golden brown.
How Will Cracker Barrel Chicken Tenders Look and Taste?
Cracker Barrel chicken tenders are soft chicken pieces infused with the flavors of lime juice, honey, and Italian dressing. It’s so tender that it smoothly falls apart the moment you take a bite. It’s filled with aromatic flavors of herbs like thyme, rosemary, oregano, and many more. The taste of this chicken is amped up by the spices added to it. Try this recipe and enjoy it with any side dish of your choice.
Cracker Barrel Chicken Tenders Recipe
- Kitchen Tongs
- Cling film
- 1 pound Chicken Tenderloins
- ½ cup Italian Dressing
- 1 ½ teaspoons Honey
- 1 teaspoon Lime Juice
- Take a small bowl and mix Italian dressing with honey and lime juice. Form a smooth seasoning mixture. Then, rub it all over the chicken pieces and wrap the chicken with a cling film. Refrigerate the chicken for up to 8 hours (or just for an hour).
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator at least 15 minutes before you start cooking it. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and cook the chicken in it for about 4 to 5 minutes on each side until the temperature of the chicken reaches 165 F.
- Remove the juices from the pan and let it dry. Now, return the chicken to the pan and sear it until the skin of the chicken is golden brown.
I’d love to know how you feel about this recipe. Tell me in the comment below if you liked it. Try out our other recipes too and enjoy cooking!