Cracker Barrel menu is best at the classic Southern staples. You know what I’m talking about, right? It’s Cracker Barrel biscuits. These biscuits are made out of soft dough and are filled with buttermilk, sugar, and butter. Cracker Barrel biscuits are famous for their fluffiness and taste. You might’ve enjoyed Cracker Barrel biscuits several times if you frequently visit this restaurant. The surprising fact is, you can make Cracker Barrel biscuits anytime at home.
It’s Cracker Barrel’s dedication towards the food that keeps this old country store filled with customers. You’ll find Cracker Barrel biscuits on every other table at this restaurant. These biscuits are loaded with butter and buttermilk. These are baked and pulled out of the oven piping hot and then served with melted butter on top. Sounds incredible, isn’t it? Now, let’s begin with the recipe.
You’ll find all the important details about the recipe for Cracker Barrel biscuits below. Check out the list of equipment and ingredients below. Make sure you have all of these available with you. Follow the instructions carefully and enjoy the delicious Cracker Barrel biscuits. But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other copycat Cracker Barrel recipes from our website.
1. Cracker Barrel Mashed Potatoes– Cracker Barrel mashed potatoes has creamy mashed potatoes loaded with the taste of cream, milk, and soft potatoes. This delicious mixture is seasoned with salt and pepper. Cracker Barrel mashed potatoes can be enjoyed as a side with any main course meal.
2. Cracker Barrel Baby Carrots– Cracker Barrel baby carrots has soft and tender carrots. These are flavored with brown sugar, butter, and salt. These carrots can be enjoyed as a side dish. Cracker Barrel carrots are easy to make at home and get ready within a few minutes.
3. Cracker Barrel Green Beans– Cracker Barrel green bean has bacon cooked with green beans (with juice) and onion. This mixture is seasoned with salt and pepper. These soft and tender beans can be enjoyed as a perfect side dish with meat or any other main course meal.
4. Cracker Barrel Homestyle Chicken– Cracker Barrel homestyle chicken has crispy chicken breaded with buttermilk and seasoning flour. It’s deep-fried until it’s crispy and golden brown. This chicken can be served with any side dish or a condiment.
What Equipment Will You Need For Cracker Barrel Biscuits?
- Bowl- Use a large bowl to make the flour mixture for the biscuits.
- Oven- Oven is the main equipment for this recipe. You cannot bake the biscuits if you don’t have an oven with you.
- Spatula- Use a spatula to stir the ingredients for biscuits.
- Baking Sheet- Lay the biscuits on a lightly floured baking sheet before putting them in the oven.
- Baking Tray- Place the biscuits on the baking tray lined with a baking sheet to bake the biscuits in the oven.
- Biscuit Cutter- Use a biscuit cutter to cut out biscuits from the dough.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Cracker Barrel Biscuits?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||25 Minutes||35 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need For Cracker Barrel Biscuits?
- Baking Mix- Use about two cups of baking mix for this recipe. I’ve used Bisquick, you can use any other baking mix of your choice.
- Buttermilk- Add two-thirds cups of buttermilk to the flour mixture for this recipe. Buttermilk adds flavor to the mixture and gives a nice smooth texture to the biscuits.
- Sugar- Add a teaspoon of sugar to add sweetness to the biscuits.
- Butter- Add two tablespoons of melted butter to add flavor to the biscuits.
- All-purpose Flour- All-purpose flour is the main ingredient for this recipe. You need all-purpose flour to make the dough and to dust it on the flour for kneading the dough.
Steps To Make Cracker Barrel Biscuits
1. Prepare The Dough
Take a large bowl and add buttermilk, baking mix, sugar, and a tablespoon of melted butter to it. Mix the ingredients well and knead this dough on a lightly floured surface. Make sure the dough is not sticky.
2. Roll The Biscuits And Bake
Roll out one-inch-thick pieces from the dough. Press and cut them into biscuits using a biscuit cutter. Brush these biscuits with the remaining melted butter. Place these biscuits on a lightly floured baking tray or a baking sheet and bake them for 8 to 10 minutes until golden brown. Brush them with butter before serving.
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Vitamin A||125 IU|
|Vitamin C||1 mg|
How Will Cracker Barrel Biscuits Look and Taste?
Cracker Barrel biscuits are soft and fluffy. These are loaded with the taste of buttermilk and sugar. The butter on top gives it a bit of soggy texture while adding a buttery flavor to each bite. These biscuits are filled with the sweetness of sugar. You can enjoy them as a side dish with any meal.
Cracker Barrel Biscuits Recipe
- Baking Sheet
- Baking Tray
- Biscuit Cutter
- 2 .25 cups Bisquick
- 2/3 cup Buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Butter (melted)
- All-purpose Flour
- Take a large bowl and add buttermilk, baking mix, sugar, and a tablespoon of melted butter to it. Mix the ingredients well and knead this dough on a lightly floured surface. Make sure the dough is not sticky.
- Roll out one-inch-thick pieces from the dough. Press and cut them into biscuits using a biscuit cutter. Brush these biscuits with the remaining melted butter. Place these biscuits on a lightly floured baking tray or a baking sheet and bake them for 8 to 10 minutes until golden brown. Brush them with butter before serving.
Did you try these delicious fluffy biscuits? If yes, then share your experience in the comments below. Try out other recipes too and enjoy cooking!