Cracker Barrel banana pudding is all about crushed vanilla wafers laid under the hefty layers of creamy smooth pudding, bananas and whipped cream on top. (Captivating enough!) If you’ve checked out the new menu of Cracker Barrel, then for sure, you understand the sweet bliss of this famous dessert. The vanilla-flavored pudding is paired with bananas and whipped cream. This dessert is the one that you’ll never get tired of.
Cracker Barrel banana pudding is loaded with cream cheese, egg, and butter. Flour and milk give a sort of body to the pudding, while vanilla and sugar are the key flavoring agents for the pudding. This pudding is served in jars.
You can serve this pudding in the serving bowls in case you don’t have jars. While pudding is kept aside to cool, wrap the container with a plastic wrap to prevent the formation of skin on top of the pudding. Let the pudding cool at room temperature and not in the refrigerator.
Cracker Barrel banana pudding is an easy recipe. If you wanna try the recipe for Cracker Barrel banana pudding, check out the lists for equipment and ingredients first. The instructions are provided below. Try this recipe and enjoy the famous Cracker Barrel’s dessert at home. But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other copycat Cracker Barrel recipes from our website.
1. Cracker Barrel Meatloaf– Cracker Barrel meatloaf has ground beef mixed with onions and bell pepper. It’s infused with the flavors of cheese and Ritz crackers. It’s seasoned with salt and pepper. Brown sugar gives sweetness to it and balances all the flavors in it.
2. Cracker Barrel Fried Chicken– Cracker Barrel fried chicken has a delicious soft chicken breaded with flour mixture and buttermilk. The chicken is deep-fried and is loaded with the taste of buttermilk and the seasoning spices. This chicken can be enjoyed with any spicy condiment.
3. Cracker Barrel’s Fried Apples– Cracker Barrel fried apples are caramelized apples cooked in butter and apple juice. The taste of these apples is amped up by adding apple pie spice and brown sugar. This apple dessert is filled with the sweetness of brown sugar with spicy notes of cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg. The applesauce adds more delight to its taste.
4. Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole– Cracker Barrel hashbrown casserole has creamy hashbrown under the layer of melted cheese in a casserole. The hash brown is mixed with cheese, chicken soup cream, and onions. It’s seasoned with salt and pepper. This casserole dish is enjoyed as a cheesy delicious side dish.
What's In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need For Cracker Barrel Banana Pudding?
- Bowl- Use a small bowl to make egg mixture for banana pudding.
- Saucepan- Use a heavy saucepan to make a pudding mixture for this recipe.
- Spatula- You need a spatula to combine the ingredients for the pudding and egg mixture.
- Spoon- A spoon is needed to beat the egg and to mix the ingredients for the egg mixture. You can use a spoon to add pudding to serving jars.
- Jars- You can use jars to serve the pudding.
- Whisk-Use a whisk or a blender to whip cream.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Cracker Barrel Banana Pudding?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||30 Minutes||40 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need For Cracker Barrel Banana Pudding?
- Flour- All-purpose flour is the main ingredient for pudding. You need a one-third cup of all-purpose flour for the pudding mixture.
- Milk- This pudding is incomplete without milk. Milk gives a nice texture to the pudding and makes it nutritious. Add three cups of whole milk to the pudding mixture.
- Egg- Beat four egg yolks and add them to the pudding mixture. Eggs make the pudding fluffy and enhance the texture of the pudding.
- Butter- Add three tablespoons of butter to add more flavor and to enhance the texture of the pudding.
- Cream Cheese- Cream cheese adds a cheese-like flavor to the pudding and it makes the pudding thick and creamy smooth. Add two ounces of cream cheese to the pudding mixture.
- Vanilla- Add a vanilla flavor to the pudding by adding two teaspoons of vanilla extract to it.
- Sugar- Add sweetness to the pudding by adding a three-fourth cup of sugar to the mixture.
- Wafers- Crush about 48 vanilla wafers to give a crispy vanilla-flavored base to the pudding.
- Whipping Cream- Whip a cup of heavy whipped cream with sugar for the pudding.
- Sugar- Add a teaspoon of sugar to the whipping cream to make sweet whipped cream for the pudding.
- Bananas- Slice two large bananas and lay them over the layer of crushed wafers for banana pudding.
Steps To Make Cracker Barrel Banana Pudding
1. Make Pudding
Combine milk, flour, and sugar in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Cook for about two minutes until it’s thick. Beat an egg in a small bowl and gently add a cup of the hot pudding mixture to it. Mix them well until the egg combines with the pudding mixture. Pour this mixture into the pan containing the hot pudding mixture. Cook this mixture until it begins to bubble. Stir in cream cheese, butter and vanilla. Let all the ingredients be perfectly incorporated.
2. Prep Whipped Cream
Beat the whipping cream with a teaspoon of sugar until it’s stiff. Refrigerate the cream and use it when it’s time to serve the pudding.
3. Assemble The Pudding
Add crushed vanilla wafer at the base of the jars. Lay banana slices over crushed wafers. Then, add pudding to the jar and top with whipped cream. Repeat the process until twice and top with whipped cream.
|Saturated Fat||21 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||11 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Vitamin A||1281 IU|
|Vitamin C||4 mg|
How Will Cracker Barrel Banana Pudding Look and Taste?
The delicious Cracker Barrel’s banana pudding is ready! You can feel its creamy smooth layers as you plunge your spoon into the jar. (Aren’t you already impressed even before tasting it?) Every spoonful bite is filled with the flavors of vanilla, cream cheese, bananas, and butter. The more you have it, the more you want it. (Like I told you before! You won’t get tired of having it.) It’s the best dessert to be presented at the celebration feast.
Cracker Barrel Banana Pudding Recipe
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/3 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 3 cups Whole Milk
- 4 Egg Yolks (beaten)
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 2 ounces Cream Cheese
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 48 Vanilla Wafers
- 1 cup Whipping Cream
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 2 Bananas
- Stir milk, flour, and sugar in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Cook it for about two minutes until the mixture is thick. Beat an egg in a small bowl and gently add a cup of the hot pudding mixture to it. Mix them well until the egg combines with the pudding mixture. Pour this mixture into the pan containing the hot pudding mixture.
- Cook the pudding mixture until it begins to bubble. Stir in cream cheese, butter and vanilla. Whisk the whipping cream with a teaspoon of sugar until it’s stiff. Refrigerate the cream and use it when it’s time to serve the pudding.
- Put crushed vanilla wafer at the base of the jars. Lay banana slices over crushed wafers. Then, add pudding to the jar and top with whipped cream. Repeat the process until twice and top with whipped cream.
Tell me in the comment’s below if you like this recipe. Share your views about this recipe. You can try our other copycat recipes as well.