If you, too, can’t get enough of Cracker Barrel’s food, I have a great option for you. Try its copycat recipes at home (this way, you won’t miss its incredible food). Out of all its amazing recipes from the updated Cracker Barrel menu, I’m here with the recipe for Cracker Barrel baby carrots. These baby carrots are cooked in a pot of water and seasoned with salt and pepper. The brown sugar adds sweetness to these baby carrots.
Carrots are one of the major pantry staples for most families. Baby carrots served at Cracker Barrel are, no doubt, super delicious and healthy. (After all, it’s a family-favorite restaurant!) The recipe for Cracker Barrel baby carrots is easy and fun to try. The carrots in this recipe are cooked in a pot containing water and butter for a few minutes. These carrots are seasoned with salt and pepper. You can finish the dish with chopped herbs before serving. Cracker Barrel carrots can be paired with any main course dish.
Wanna try the recipe for Cracker Barrel baby carrots? Then, get ready to stir some carrots in the hot pot, ready with slightly seasoned water. Yes! It’s that easy. Ready the recipe below and you’ll believe it. But before you try this recipe, read the lists of equipment and ingredients below. Make sure you have all of these and then move to the recipe instructions. Try this recipe now and enjoy these delicious baby carrots. But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other copycat Cracker Barrel recipes from our website.
1. Cracker Barrel Mashed Potatoes– Cracker Barrel mashed potatoes has creamy mashed potatoes loaded with the taste of cream, milk, and soft potatoes. This delicious mixture is seasoned with salt and pepper. Cracker Barrel mashed potatoes can be enjoyed as a side with any main course meal.
2. Cracker Barrel Green Beans– Cracker Barrel green bean has bacon cooked with green beans (with juice) and onion. This mixture is seasoned with salt and pepper. These soft and tender beans can be enjoyed as a perfect side dish with meat or any other main course meal.
3. Cracker Barrel Biscuits– Cracker Barrel biscuits can be enjoyed as a soft and fluffy side dish. These biscuits are loaded with butter, buttermilk, and sugar. Melted butter on top adds more delight to its incredible taste. These biscuits are made from a soft dough and are baked to perfection.
4. Cracker Barrel Homestyle Chicken– Cracker Barrel homestyle chicken has crispy chicken breaded with buttermilk and seasoning flour. It’s deep-fried until it’s crispy and golden brown. This chicken can be served with any side dish or a condiment.
What Equipment Will You Need For Cracker Barrel Baby Carrots?
- Bowl- Use a large bowl to serve the baby carrots.
- Spatula- Use a spatula to stir the ingredients in the pot.
- Pot-Use a large pot with a lid to cook baby carrots in it.
- Peeler- Peel the baby carrots using a hand-handled peeler.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Cracker Barrel Baby Carrots?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||15 Minutes||20 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need For Cracker Barrel Baby Carrots?
- Carrots- I’ve used a two-pound bag of baby carrots for this recipe.
- Butter- Add about two tablespoons of butter to the carrots in the pot. Cracker Barrel adds margarine, so you can switch to adding two tablespoons of margarine in place of butter. Don’t use salted butter if you’ve already added enough salt with pepper.
- Sugar- Add a tablespoon of brown sugar to the pot to add sweetness to the carrots.
- Salt and Pepper- Add a teaspoon of salt to enhance the taste of the carrots. Add pepper according to your taste to add some heat and spiciness to the carrots.
Steps To Make Cracker Barrel Baby Carrots
1. Peel The Carrots
Wash the carrots and peel them using a hand-handled peeler. Add these baby carrots to a pot. Pour water into the pot. Make sure the carrots in the pot are covered with water. Put on the lid and bring the water to boil on high heat. Then, reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 6 or 7 minutes.
2. Season And Cook Them
Now, drain half the water and add brown sugar, salt, pepper, and butter to the pot. Return to low heat and let the carrots cook for 7 more minutes. Remove when the carrots are fork-tender. Adjust the taste by adding sugar or salt if needed. Sprinkle some chopped herbs if desired and serve.
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Vitamin A||3145 IU|
|Vitamin C||6 mg|
How Will Cracker Barrel Baby Carrots Look and Taste?
Cracker Barrel baby carrots have fork-tender carrots filled with the flavors of butter and sugar. You’ll have a slightly salty taste due to the salt added and mild spiciness from the pepper. These carrots are paired with any main course dish. If herbs are added on top, give a nice herbal and aromatic flavor to the carrots.
Cracker Barrel Baby Carrots Recipe
- 2 pounds Baby Carrots
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt (or more to taste)
- Add these baby carrots to a pot containing water. Make sure the carrots in the pot are covered with water. Put on the lid and bring the water to boil on high heat. Reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 6 or 7 minutes.
- Now, drain half the water and add brown sugar, salt, pepper, and butter to the pot. Let the carrots cook for 7 more minutes over low heat. Remove when the carrots are fork-tender. Adjust the taste by adding sugar or salt if needed. Sprinkle some chopped herbs if desired and serve.
That’s all about the recipe for Cracker Barrel baby carrots! If you liked this recipe, share your views in the comments below. Don’t forget to try our other copycat recipes too.