I found a delicious and easy recipe that I’m sure you’ll love. Who doesn’t love potatoes, right? I mean, they’re just amazing! And if you’re a health-conscious person, then you’ll be happy to know that this recipe is a healthier version of fries called cottage fries recipe.
They’re seasoned roasted potatoes that are baked instead of fried, making them a guilt-free indulgence. So next time you’re craving fries, give cottage fries a try. Check out the recipe.
You can even top these cottage fries with some cheese, green onions, and bacon to make it loaded. Moreover, season your potatoes before roasting. Add your favorite spices & seasonings like paprika, cumin, garlic powder to make it flavorful.
You must be waiting for the recipe now. Below, I have given all the details about the recipe including equipment details, detailed recipe steps. Also, there are other recipes that you can have as starters, let’s check them out.
Other Starter Recipes That You Can Try
- Vegan Banana Peel Bacon Recipe
- Easy Christmas Popcorn Recipe
- Sumptuous Baked Brie With Pecans Recipe
- Scrumptious Turkey Carcass Soup Recipe
- Classic Pimento Cheese Sausage Balls Recipe
- Best Classic Bread Dressing Recipe
- Grandma’s Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- Tofu Soup Recipe
- Savory Flatbread Crackers Recipe
- Chewy Sujebi Recipe
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Cottage Fries?
- Oven – Bake potatoes in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Baking Sheet – Place potatoes on the baking sheet for baking purpose.
- Tong – Use tong to flip the potatoes for baking.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Cottage Fries?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 minutes||30 Minutes||40 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Cottage Fries?
- Potatoes – We’ll use roasted potatoes for this recipe. They are not deep-fries, so it can become your guilt-free indulgent.
- Olive Oil – Use only two tablespoons of olive oil to coat the potatoes. That’s it.
- Cayenne Pepper – Give a little kick of spice to the cottage fries with cayenne pepper.
- Herbes De Provence – Add a pinch of herbs de provence to give a unique flavors to the fries. It’s an amazing blend of herbs such as rosemary, thyme, and oregano.
- Salt – Enhance the taste of fries with a pinch of salt.
- Black Pepper – Add some black pepper along with other spices mentioned above for well-rounded seasoning.
Steps To Make Cottage Fries
1. Preheat The Oven
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes slices, black pepper, salt, cayenne pepper, and Herbes de Provence.
Toss the ingredients together, and evenly coat the potatoes with the seasoning. Now, drizzle olive oil over the potatoes, and mix everything together.
2. It’s A Bake Time
Transfer the seasoned potatoes to the prepared baking sheet. Spread them evenly over the sheet. Bake the potatoes in the preheated oven for fifteen minutes. After that, remove the baking sheet from the oven and flip each potato over.
Return the baking sheet to the oven, and bake for another fifteen minutes. You will see potatoes turning golden brown. Remove the cottage fries from the oven, and serve them hot.
How Will Cottage Fries Look And Taste Like?
Cottage fries are golden brown potatoes. They are crispy on the outside, and tender from inside. They are usually in a uneven shape, which adds to their rustic charm.
Due to seasonings of herbs and spices, they are so flavorful. Literally one bite to heaven! From herbal notes to spicy notes, it packs all of it. All these spices makes it taste bit spicy, savory and herbaceous. So, try them in your kitchen today.
Cottage Fries Recipe
- Baking Sheet
- 4 Potatoes (sliced)
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Cayenne Pepper (a pinch)
- Herbes De Provence (a pinch)
- Salt (a pinch)
- Black Pepper (to taste)
- Set your oven on preheat to 425 degrees Fahrenehit.
- On a baking sheet, place parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- In a bowl, add potatoes, black pepper, salt, cayenne pepper and herbs de Provence.
- Coat all the potatoes by drizzling some oil over them and mix well.
- Transfer the potatoes to the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- After this, remove them from the oven, flip each of them and put it back in the oven for 15 minutes. Cook until they turn brown with crisp on the edges. Do not overcook as they need o to be soft in the center.
- Serve hot.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I make cottage fries ahead of time?
Not really! As it’s best to serve cottage fries hot and fresh from the oven.
How can I make sure my cottage fries are crispy?
To ensure crispiness, make sure your potatoes are evenly coated with oil and spread out in a single layer on the baking sheet.
Can I adjust the seasoning to my preference?
Yes of course, you can always adjust the seasoning as you like.
What can I serve with cottage fries?
Cottage fries make a great side dish for a variety of main courses, such as grilled meats, roasted vegetables, or sandwiches.
Whenever you are confused about preparing for dinner, opt for this recipe, and it will be ready in just minutes. If you have kids at home, then ‘mommy’ you will get lucky with this recipe as your kid will love them and may demand this frequently.
Cottage fries recipe is easy to prepare and does not involve much time. So you can prepare it without any prior preparation. It is a good recipe when your guests visit you. Enjoy!