As you all know that normal burger buns are made from bread flour and to be very honest, I am not a huge fan of it because, since my childhood, my mom used to make burgers at home using Cornmeal buns. And because of this, I have a very special connection with the spicy taste of Cornmeal Buns.
So today, I decided to make hamburger at home and thought of making the Cornmeal Hamburger Buns at home like my mother used to do in childhood. So, I surfed over the internet to get the Cornmeal Hamburger Buns Recipe and I made them at my home by following all the instructions given there.
I thought to share Cornmeal Hamburger Buns Recipe with lovely people. Follow the given steps for best result
Ingredients for Soft and Spicy Cornmeal Hamburger Buns:
|Bread Flour||2 cups|
|Sugar||1 1/2 cup|
|Active Dry Yeast||1 Package|
|Salt||1 1/2 tbsp|
|Unsalted Butter||3 tbsp|
|Yellow Cornmeal||1 cup|
|Olive Oil||2 tbsp|
These ingredients might be mouthwatering but the real fun lies in cooking it and creating some real thing, even tastier out of these.
Cornmeal Hamburger Buns Recipe
- Add warm milk, water, and sugar to an electric mixer that has paddle attached in it. Sprinkle active dry yeast on it as well and mix it until the mixture becomes foamy.
- Now in the same mixture, add 3 egg yolks, salt, butter, cornmeal, and bread flour and mix it until the dough become soft and smooth.
- Now take a bowl and oil the inside of the bowl and place the dough in it that you just made.
- Cover the top of the bowl with a plastic wrap and keep it aside for around 30 minutes.
- Now preheat the oven and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Now take the dough out of the bowl and small balls from it of the size of around 2 1/4-inches-diameter each.
- Now place the balls on the baking sheet.
- Now in a small bowl, take some egg yolk, some milk and mix it. Now bush this mixture on the top of the balls you made and sprinkle the balls with cornmeal.
- Now let them bake in the oven for around 30 minutes until the buns start to rise and it becomes golden brown.
- Then take the buns out of the oven, split them half using a knife.
Now you can use your Soft and Spicy Cornmeal Hamburger Buns with any type of patty you want.
How much Time it Will Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|2 Hours||20 Minutes||2 Hour 20 Minutes|
Nutritional Information of Cornmeal Hamburger Buns Recipe