Missing grandma? The way she used to cook new and delicious recipes. What if I tell you a great dish, which will make you remember your grandma even more. Because this will give you the taste of your grandma’s hands.
You may be wondering which dish I am talking about that will make us remember our grandmother. The name of the dish is corn pone. This is basically cornmeal originated from Southern US and the midland US. Many people also refer to corn pone as cornbread.
This recipe is made without milk or eggs and it can be baked or fried. A perfect evening snack that will make you and your buddies happy. For sure, they will ask for more once they have it. Making corn pones at home is very easy and it is not very time-consuming. Let’s move to the ingredients we use to make it at home.
Ingredients for Corn Pone
|Canola Oil||1/4 cup|
|White Cornmeal||1/2 cup|
This list of ingredients we need to make corn pone and these all are easily available at home or nearby store. Let’s check the time we need to make corn pone at home.
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|20 minutes||25 minutes||45 minutes|
Corn Pone will take around 45 minutes to prepare and you will love the process. You will feel the time flew away. Now, let’s dive into the recipe to make without much wasting time.
Corn Pone Recipe
- Heat the oven at 475F. On the centre, rack place the iron skillet.
- Remove the skillet from the oven, when it becomes hot. Now pour some canola oil and swirl the pan. Return the pan to the oven for 10 minutes.
- Now add cornmeal and salt and give it a medium boil. Now make a thin batter of eggs and buttermilk by mixing them.
- In a preheated skillet, pour the batter and pull out the rack with the cast iron skillet.
- Insert a toothpick into it and check whether it comes out clean. Turn the oven to broil for few more minutes of baking to make it brown from the top.
- Loosen the corn pone from the skillet and remove it from the oven. Serve the corn pone warm or turn out into a plate.
With this we are done with the steps of making corn pone at home. You can easily make this bread and your family will love it.
Nutritional Breakdown of Cone Pone
Corn Pone is rich in sodium that is beneficial for the human body. That is why, I’ve added the nutritional breakdown of this recipe below.
How to Make Corn Pone at Home | Video
Here is a video for you that you can watch to prepare this corn pone bread. You can watch it whenever you have any confusion. This will help you to understand the recipe better.
Make this corn pone at home and if you have any queries, ask us in the comments section below. Also, don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends and family. Till then, Stay tuned for more fabulous recipes like these.