If you’re looking for fun party-snack ideas, be sure to try corn dog mini muffins. Once you give this a try, you’ll be addicted to it. These adorable little muffins are perfect appetizers for parties or Thanksgiving dinners. So, today I’ll be sharing the recipe for corn dog mini muffins.
I tried this recipe at a Thanksgiving dinner with my family. I served these in a bowl with ketchup and the bowl was empty within a few minutes. Everyone loved these little muffins. They were so crispy and delicious that even I couldn’t keep my hands off the bowl. So, without wasting more time, let’s hop right into the recipe for corn dog mini muffins.
To prepare corn dog mini muffins, whisk Cornmeal, all-purpose flour, salt, and sugar in a large bowl. Add eggs, buttermilk, baking soda, and butter to the bowl. Mix all together until combine. Scoop the batter into each compartment of the muffin tray, insert a piece of hot dog (or beef frank) in each compartment. Bake for about 10-12 minutes.
To know about the whole recipe, read the recipe card below. Follow the instructions to enjoy delicious corn dog muffins. Please rate this recipe if you like it. If you need a reference video, watch the video provided further down in the recipe card.
Corn Dogs Mini Muffins Recipe
- Mini muffin pans
- Large Bowl
- Medium-Size Bowl
- 8 Beef Franks (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 cup Cornmeal
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup Butter Milk (or low-fat vanilla yogurt)
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- Baking Spray
- Spray the base of the muffin pan with some cooking spray and set it aside while preheating the oven to 374 F.
- Whisk the cornmeal, flour, salt, sugar, and baking soda in a large bowl. Add butter, eggs, and buttermilk (or vanilla yogurt) to the bowl. Mix well to combine.
- Pour the batter (1 tablespoon each) into the muffin compartments and insert one piece of beef frank into the batter. Preheat the oven for about 10-12 minutes. Bake until the batter is golden brown.
- Remove the muffin compartment tray from the oven and let it cool.
- You can store these mini muffins in the refrigerator for up to 3 months. Use airtight containers to store them.
- You can also air fry them by placing the frozen corn dogs air fryer basket at 390 F for 8-10 minutes.