I will always say a big yes to corns; whether it’s corn pizza or a cup of sweet corn on a winter evening, corns will be my favourite forever. My love for corns brought me here and I found this super delicious delicacy known as “Corn Dodgers.”Corns are modified to not resist yourself from making and eating this tasty snack in the evening.
Not only you but your loved ones will feel ecstatic after having these dodgers. A cornmeal based batter side dish can be served with seafood and other deep-fried food. This North American dish is becoming popular in other continents also.
Corn dodgers are also known as “Hushpuppies.” This corn cake genre is mostly popular in East Texas. If you want to explore different cultures, food is the best way and with this dish, one can easily know about American culture.
For your wonderful barbecue night, corn dodgers will act as a super yummy snack along with the fried chicken. From a healthy point of view, corns are a great source of carbohydrates. Moreover, cornmeal can give a break to your gut from monotonous wheat! So let’s see the ingredients for making these dodgers at home. Also, there are other recipes that you can have as starters, let’s check them out.
What's In The Post
Other Starter Recipes That You Can Try
- Sous Vide Potatoes Recipe
- Baked Chicken Wings Without Baking Powder Recipe
- Fried Crab Legs Recipe
- Open Faced Texas Burger Recipe
- Roasted Plum Tomatoes Recipe
- Crab Cake Recipe
- Microwave Popcorn Recipe
- Cock-a-Leekie Soup Recipe
- Mulligatawny Soup Recipe
- Chilaquiles Recipe
Ingredients for Corn Dodgers
|Baking Soda||1 cup|
|Wheat flour||1 cup|
All the ingredients can be easily available at the nearby store. Buttermilk is hard to find and you can find it at any online store. Now let’s check out the exact time that you need to invest in making these Corn Dodgers at home.
How Much Time Will it Take?
This recipe will take about 25 minutes in total.
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 minutes||15 minutes||25 minutes|
Now you have the idea about the time, so let’s move towards making this recipe. The main directions are mentioned below. These super yummy dodgers are very easy to make and you will love the process of making these dodgers at home. So let’s check the steps of making these dodgers.
Corn Dodgers Recipe
- Rub 1 tbsp oil all across the bottom of the tray
- Measure cornmeal and strain it in a large vessel. Add 1/2 tsp sugar and 1/2 tsp baking soda to it.
- Now add 1/2 tsp salt, mix them properly and set them aside.
- In the other bowl, take 2 cups of water and 1 cup of buttermilk. Heat it on medium-high heat. Whisk it and add cornmeal mixture and whisk thoroughly till it become thick.
- Let it cool for some time.
- In a separate bowl, add egg and 2 tbsp of baking powder and put this egg mixture on cornmeal and stir well and this mixture will be very thick.
- Take a cookie scoop, place the batter on the tray, and press them to give them a dodger shape.
- You can put 10 dodgers in on the tray.
- Set the oven at 400C and bake them till the golden brown color appears.
- Apply some butter and honey to them and serve them in a tray.
We are done and your corn dodgers are ready. You can have them with chicken and any other fried dishes. But my favourite is butter and honey on it.
Nutritional breakdown of Corn Dodgers:
Corn dodgers are a great source of carbohydrates and they are a very light snack with health benefits and other nutritional content that is given below.
How to Make Corn Dodgers at Home | Video
I have put this video demonstration for your better understanding. You can check it and follow the recipe and make it easily at home.
Now, as you know the recipe and the nutritional content of corn dodgers, you can try them at home and serve it to your loved ones. Share your reviews in the comment section. You can ask questions in the comment sections if you have any queries. Till then, eat healthy and stay healthy.