If seafood is your first love, then here is an exotic dish from the coasts of the Bahamas for you. Conch Salad is a staple of Bahamas island. A fresh bowl of Conch Salad is a perfect way to embrace Bahamian culture. Conch is chewy and slightly rubbery and it tastes like crab meat.
This bowl full of vegetables and conch meat will give you a feeling of satiation. Freshly chopped tomatoes, onion, green peppers provide this dish with bright and vibrant colors that soothe your eyes too. This delightful combination of freshly diced conch meat, vegetables, citrus juices, spices and hot pepper can be a buffet of flavors to the palate and eyes.
To make conch salad, marinate the conch meat in lemon juice fr two hours. Then, drain the juice and add the conch to a bowl. In the bowl, add the vegetables and seasoning and mix. Then, drizzle lime, lemon and tomato juice. Lastly, stir in vinegar and hot sauce. Refrigerate and serve.
This was an overview of the recipe. Find the recipe in its entirety below, along with the ingredients and timings. But before going to the full recipe, let’s check out some other healthy salads as well.
1. Jicama Salad– Jicama is a root vegetable that can be a healthy substitute for a potato. If you want to have a spicy vegan salad, then this Jicama salad is perfect for you.
2. Cowboy Caviar– Cowboy Caviar is a delicious, colorful and tasty salsa that anyone can easily make at home. It is simple and easy to make and can be made it in no time.
3. Boiled Daikon Radish– The Daikon radish is an Asian radish that looks like a parsnip but has no pungent smell like that. They are quite healthy and good for those who like to have a diet with almost no calories and fats.
4. Roasted Sunflower Seeds– Sunflowers are one of the most beautiful and attractive flowers. Sunflowers are also an excellent source of nutrients that are essential for our bodies.
Conch Salad Recipe
- 1 pound Diced Conch
- 1 ¼ Lemon Juice
- 1 cup Tomatoes
- ½ cup Diced Onion
- ½ cup Green Bell Pepper
- ½ cup Cucumber
- 1 pinch Salt
- 2 cups Tomato Juice
- ¼ cup Lime Juice
- ¼ cup Vinegar
- 1 dash Hot Sauce
- Soak the conch meat in 1 tablespoon lemon juice and leave it for 2 hours.
- Then, drain the lemon juice. Put the conch in a bowl and all the diced vegetables and seasoning. Then, mix all of these thoroughly.
- Drizzle the lime juice, lemon juice and tomato juice over it. In the end, stir in the vinegar and hot sauce. Serve after refrigerating the salad for some time.
Try this dish and leave your feedback in the comments below. Also, suggest us more exotic dishes and recipes and ask away your queries. I would like to help you. Till then, stay healthy!