Comeback sauce is a perfect dressing for salads, sandwiches & burgers. In this post, let’s see how you can make this awesome spread at your home.
The sauce was originated in Jackson, Mississippi. It got its name from a tradition in Mississippi to say “You all comeback” instead of “goodbye” or “see you later.” It has got a taste similar to thousand island sauce.
If you want you can use Russian dressing instead of comeback sauce. This is because Russian dressing is also very similar to Thousand Island dressing. Here is everything about Russian dressing and its substitutes.
The ingredients required in making comeback sauce are mayonnaise, chile sauce, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, onion and garlic. Mix all the ingredients using a blender and then refrigerate it. The sauce is ready.
I know you’re excited about the recipe but make sure you check out all the details to make the perfect sauce. Now, it’s time to grab the ingredients for making the spread. Before that, check out the other sauce recipes as well.
1. Red Chile Sauce– Red Chile sauce is very popular in Mexico and people there use it as a substitute for their regular tomato ketchup. This sauce is also called red chili enchilada sauce.
2. Tamarind Saunth Chutney– Tamarind saunth chutney is a sauce made from tamarind, ginger powder, and other spices. It goes with a lot of snacks like fritters, samosas, and or dumplings. It is a sour and spicy sauce and is really easy to make.
3. Chile Con Queso– Chile con queso is a dipping sauce made with melted cheese and chili. Chile in Spanish means cheese. It is a hot sauce and is not served cold. It is best accompanied by tortilla chips.
4. Gluten-Free Teriyaki Sauce– Teriyaki sauce makes for a great marinade and even glaze. The best-known recipe that you can make with teriyaki sauce is grilled teriyaki chicken. You can also use it for meats and fish.
Comeback Sauce Recipe
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Chile sauce
- ¼ cup Ketchup
- 1 tsp Spicy Brown Mustard or Creole Mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- ¼ cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 2 tbsp Minced Onion
- 2 Finely Minced Garlic Cloves
- Put mayonnaise, chile sauce, ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, oil, pepper, onion and garlic in a blending jar.
- Blend them well and take the sauce out in a jar.
- Refrigerate before you serve it.
If you have any questions regarding the sauce, you can ask in the section below. Do check out the more dips and sauces on your blog and have fun making them. I would love to hear from you the reviews of the sauce recipes you tried. Enjoy!