A few years back, I was at Goa. I enjoyed it a lot there with my friends. As a seafood lover, I watched a variety of seafood over there. With some dishes, I was familiar and some are not familiar to me.
The thing which I ate for the first time there was Coconut Shrimp and it was literally very tasty. I was in Goa for almost 5 days and in those 5 days, I learnt how to make Coconut Shrimp.
When I came back, I made the Coconut Shrimp at home and my parents. Since they both are huge fans of seafood, they loved it a lot. So I thought to share Coconut Shrimp Recipe with my lovely people over here.
But first, let’s gather the ingredients to make the Coconut Shrimp at home.
Ingredients For Coconut Shrimp
In Coconut Shrimp
|Shredded Sweetened Coconut||1 tbsp|
|Panko Crumbs||1 tbsp|
|All-Purpose Flour||2 tbsp|
For Sweet and Spicy Dipping Sauce
|Rice Wine Vinegar||1 tbsp|
|Crushed Red Pepper Flakes||3/4 tsp|
You can get these ingredients from any nearest supermarket. Before proceeding to the actual recipe, let’s see how much time this coconut shrimp takes to prepare if you are making it at home.
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|20 Mins||10 Mins||30 Mins|
Now the wait is finally over. We are at the final stage where we will see how to make Coconut Shrimp step by step.
Coconut Shrimp Recipe
For Coconut Shrimp
- At 425°F, preheat the oven.
- In a bowl, add coconut flakes, panko crumbs, and salt. Mix them properly.
- On a small dish place flour and whisk the egg in a different bowl.
- With salt, season the shrimp and marinate it with flour and first dip in beaten eggs, secondly with coconut crumb mixture.
- On a cookie sheet, place the shrimp and spray the shrimp with cooking spray, bake it for 10 minutes.
- After the baking process, remove the shrimp from the oven and serve it with sauce.
- Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and place it in refrigerator.
Finally, Coconut Shrimp is ready with spicy sauce. Make it to your next party and I bet this Coconut Shrimp will rock the party.
Nutritional Facts Of Coconut Shrimp
Shrimp is seafood which is good for health and good for eyes also but from the nutritional breakdown that I have mentioned below, you will see how much healthy it is.
How To Make Coconut Shrimp at Home | Video
I always recommend everyone to watch a video before trying something for the first time. So for Coconut Shrimp recipe, I have added a video below, so it’ll be easier for you to make it at home.
I hope you’ve liked this recipe of Coconut Shrimp. Make sure to try this t your home and share your reviews in the comments section below. Till then, stay tuned for more recipes like this.