If you want a crispy seafood snack then, crispy and delicious coconut shrimp is the best snack for you. It is covered in coconut mixture and is baked to give you a healthy and beautiful bite-sized snack. You can have them with cocktails or just as an evening snack served with a spicy sauce.
You can serve coconut shrimp as an appetizer and even as a main course dish. It is a common food found at seafood restaurants and bars. It is very popular in the Caribbean and Florida.
To make coconut shrimp, mix coconut flakes, panko crumbs, and salt in a bowl. Add flour in a bowl and whisk eggs in another. Season the shrimp with salt and cover in plain flour. Then, dip it in the beaten eggs and coat it with the coconut mixture. Place on a baking tray and bake for about 10 minutes. Take out the shrimp and serve with the sauce.
But first, let’s gather the ingredients to make the coconut shrimp at home. There are other street food recipes that we’ve covered that you should also check as well.
1. Tex-Mex Fajitas– It is a Texan-Mexican American dish with strips of beef skirt meat. Fajitas are served to sizzle on a cast-iron skillet that is still on the heat. The sizzle is because the meat is still cooking while it is brought to be served on your table.
2. Maharashtrian Misal Pav– Misal is a popular spicy dish in the Indian state of Maharashtra. Misal is a Marathi word that means ‘mixture’. The dish is mostly eaten for breakfast or as a midday snack or sometimes as a one-dish meal, often as part of misal pav.
3. Air Fryer Corn Dogs– If you love corn dogs but don’t want to eat them because they’re fried, I’ll tell you how to make healthy corn dogs. You can make Air fryer corn dogs. The air fryer corn dogs are as delicious and crispy as the fried ones but without the excess oil.
4. Streets Special Vada Pav– Vada pav is an Indian-style spicy and vegetarian burger. It is famous street food in the Indian state, Maharashtra. Vada pav is a sliced bread roll filled with fried potato dumplings.
Coconut Shrimp Recipe
- Baking Tray
In Coconut Shrimp
- 24 Raw Shrimp
- 1 tbsp Coconut
- 1 tbsp Panko Crumbs
- 2 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Egg
- 1 Pinch Salt
For Sweet and Spicy Dipping Sauce
- ½ cup Apricots
- 1 tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- ¾ tbsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- At 425°F, preheat the oven.
- In a bowl, add coconut flakes, panko crumbs, and salt. Mix them properly.
- Add flour to a small bowl. In a different bowl, whisk the egg.
- Season the shrimp with salt. Then, coat the shrimp with flour. After that, dip it in the beaten eggs and secondly coat with coconut crumb mixture.
- Place the shrimp on a baking tray and spray them with cooking spray. Bake them for about 10 minutes.
- Combine apricots, rice wine vinegar, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl to make the sauce.
- After baking, take the shrimp out from the oven. Transfer to a serving plate and serve with the spicy sauce.