Today, I saw all my old childhood photographs while cleaning my room and I found a beautiful memory and I thought I should share that story behind the picture which I saw. The story is that when I was 7. I went to Kerala, Tamil Nadu in India for my winter vacations with my family and we were in Rameshwaram in a temple there.
After we finish our prayer temple priest served a bowl with coconut rice and after one bite I found that rice so tasty that I asked a priest for one more first he laughed at me because rice was a find of greetings from temple to the people and I was so selfish to ask for one more and he gave me one more. One thing I could say is rice was divine and sumptuous.
After I finished my second bowl I urged my mother to go to the priest and ask the recipe. She went to the priest and asked him about the recipe and guess what?
Today, I will share that recipe with you lovely people. But here are some other amazing recipes that you should definitely try.
1. Lefse– It is really a healthy recipe and I am pretty sure you all will like it very much. This recipe is known as Lefse. It is a very easy recipe and has a very good amount of nutritional elements.
2. Spinach Dip– Quick to make, Spinach Dip is a classic dish and a hit for every party. Everybody loves this appetizer or party dip as Spinach Dip is referred to. Obviously, spinach is the main ingredient in this lip-smacking dish.
3. Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes– As soon as you see Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes, your mouth would start watering. Quick to make and with marvellous taste, these cheesy and buttery potatoes are an absolute delight and are a huge hit.
4. Garlic Noodles– They are also known as San Francisco Garlic Noodles. I have been eating and making garlic noodles since my childhood. These are very simple and easy to make.
You can buy these from supermarkets and online grocery.
|Basmati Rice||2 cups|
|Can Of Coconut Milk||1 cup|
|Sesame Seeds||1 tbs|
How To Make Coconut Rice Recipe
- Add water in rice, boil it for sometimes until it cook.
- Rinse the water and add coconut milk, sugar, salt heat it for sometime.
- Reduce the heat and cover it for 10-15 mins.
- Remove from heat and leave it for 10 mins.
- Ready to serve.
- Garnish it with raisins, almond and sesame.
How Much Time It Will Take ?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 MINS||30 MINS||40 MINS|
Nutritional Facts Of Coconut Rice
|Vitamin A||0 mg|
|Vitamin C||2 mg|