Thai coconut curry is highly nutritious and packed with delish flavors. If you are bound by a myth that chicken curry takes extensive time to be cooked, then this coconut curry chicken will debunk that myth. Allure the rich, hearty, and unique flavors of Thai coconut curry with us! Let the article be your guide.
Curry is an intricate delicacy that is prepared differently in various countries. However, Thai curries have subtle sweet flavors when compared to others. For making Thai coconut curry chicken, you need coconut oil, onions, chicken, curry paste, coconut milk, lemon juice, and some rich spices.
The best part is that you can make the coconut curry chicken using both red curry paste and green curry paste to your preference. You can also use any of the red curry paste substitutes.
Here, we have used red curry paste to spice it up a little. The combination of savory, spicy, and sweet flavors are infused well in making the coconut curry.
So, don’t wait anymore and get ready to prepare mouth-watering Thai coconut curry chicken at home. Incorporate Thai flavors by following the detailed list of equipment, ingredients, nutritional facts, and instructions.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Thai Coconut Curry Chicken?
- Skillet – Prepare the Thai coconut curry chicken in a skillet.
- Ladle – Whip up the spices with a ladle.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Thai Coconut Curry Chicken?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||30 Minutes||35 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Thai Coconut Curry Chicken?
- Coconut Oil – Saute the veggies using coconut oil.
- Chicken Breast – Take half a pound of chicken breasts to prepare the coconut chicken curry.
- Onions – Bring out a savory blend adding onions. Moreover, it will also thicken the curry.
- Garlic – Aromatic freshness can be added with minced garlic.
- Ginger – Add some freshly chopped ginger to the coconut curry chicken for sharp and strong flavors.
- Cilantro – Take freshly chopped cilantro to garnish the curry chicken.
- Red Curry Paste – Adding red curry paste will spice up the curry.
Steps To Make Thai Coconut Curry Chicken
1. First Step
Take a skillet and heat coconut oil. Saute onions, ginger, and garlic until they are translucent. Then, add red curry paste to the skillet and salt. Let it cook for 5 minutes.
Add coconut milk and chicken strips, frequently stirring until the chicken is cooked through. Simmer the curry for 20 minutes until the chicken is tender and soft. When the curry and chicken are cooked, turn off the flame. Garnish the curry with fresh cilantro, and serve warm!
How Will Thai Coconut Curry Chicken Look And Taste Like?
Thai coconut curry chicken looks creamy and glazed with spices. Chicken strips are tender and cooked through nicely. Combined well with coconut milk and other rich elements, this coconut curry will taste delicious. On top of that, you can incorporate the right Thai flavors into your kitchen.
Thai Coconut Curry Chicken Recipe
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- ½ pound Chicken Breast
- ½ cup Onions
- 1 tablespoon Garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon Ginger (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Red Curry Paste
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Preheat the skillet, add coconut oil, and saute the onions, garlic, and ginger.
- Saute until the onions are translucent.
- Then, add red curry paste and salt. Cook the mixture for 2 minutes.
- Moving forward, add coconut milk and chicken strips. Stir infrequently until the chicken is broiled through.
- Simmer the curry for 20-25 minutes until the chicken is tender and the curry is reduced to half.
- Garnish the curry with fresh cilantro when it is cooked.
- Serve warm!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do I make green curry chicken?
Make the green curry paste and prepare the curry using kaffir lime leaves, bamboo shoots, and coconut milk. Then, add chicken and broil it for 20 minutes.
How can I make curry paste taste better?
The curry paste will taste better by adding aromatic flavors like ginger and garlic.
Can I freeze chicken curry?
Yes, you can freeze chicken curry for 3-4 days.
How do you thicken a curry?
Thicken the curry by adding diary elements like milk, heavy cream, or any other element of your choice. We used coconut milk to improve the consistency of the curry.
Try this amazing Thai coconut curry chicken and share your reviews in the comment section. Just in case you have any queries related to the recipe, you can ask your questions in the comment section. If you liked this recipe, do share it with your family and friends. Bon Appetite!