I was sitting with my friend in our apartment and she said she will make, dosa and idli today. I was very excited after what she said I was waiting for her when she will make the dishes.
But in the evening, she went to Kitchen and started making all the stuff, the time she was making dishes every second I was in a situation of mouth-watering.
As we all know Fruit of patience is sweet and I can that patience fruit coming in the flavor of idli and dosa. I ate all the things and everything was very tasty but the thing I liked the most was the coconut chutney.
Today, I will share the exact same Coconut Chutney Recipe of my lovely friend for my coconut chutney lovers.
Coconut chutney is a yummy tasting delight to enjoy with dishes mainly idli and dosa. Let’s journey to create our own chutney for instant delight.
Ingredients for Coconut Chutney Recipe
|Chopped fresh coconut||1 cup|
|Grated ginger||1 tsp|
|Chopped green chilies||2 units|
|Roasted chana dal||1 tbsp|
|Lemon juice||1 tsp|
|Cumin seeds||½ tsp|
|Mustard seeds||¼ tsp|
|Dry red chili||1 unit|
Coconut Chutney Recipe for Idli, Dosa, and Vada
- Add coconut pieces to a grinder. Grind it to make a medium coarse paste. Place it on a plate.
- Now add green chilies, roasted chana dal, and ginger to the same jar. Grind it to make a smooth powder.
- Now add coconut, curd, lemon juice, salt, and water to the same jar. Grind it to make a medium coarse paste. Place it in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a preheated pan. Add mustard seeds; when making a pop sound and crackle then add cumin seeds, red chili, and curry leaves sauté this for about 10 seconds.
- Pour this tempering over the coconut chutney pre-prepared and enjoy it with your favorite dish.
Savor this chutney with the south Indian dishes like dosa, idli, vada and any other you feel goes best with. However, it can also be tasted parantha, curry, steamed rice, and dal tadka.
How Much Time it Will Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||5 Minutes||15 Minutes|
Nutritional Information of Coconut Chutney Recipe