If you are craving a delicious protein-rich meal then, cobb salad is the perfect recipe for you. It has great ingredients and is really easy to make. It is also less time-consuming. This salad is definitely worth try!
Cobb salad is a protein-rich meal and was invented by Robert Cobb. It is famously known as American garden salad. It is loaded with chicken, bacon, hard-boiled eggs, cheese, vegetables, avocado, and chives.
To make Cobb salad, add mustard, vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper in a bowl and mix. Then, lay the lettuce, boiled eggs, chicken, bacon, avocado, blue cheese, cherry tomatoes, bacon, and watercress on a platter. Season it with salt, pepper, and oregano. Pour the vinaigrette over the salad.
Don’t want to use blue cheese? Here is a list of blue cheese substitutes. This was just the overview of the recipe. Find the recipe down below. But before going to the full recipe, let’s check out some other healthy salads as well.
1. Texas Caviar– It is one of my favorite recipes as it is full of freshness and flavors. Caviar makes a perfect snack for a hot afternoon. It goes well along with chips, cheese crackers. This quick recipe will be a great last-minute dish for a fancy gathering at your home.
2. Pittsburgh Style Steak Salad– Pittsburgh-style steak is not a regular steak style. It is cooked quickly at high temperatures so that the meat crust is charred and the inside is raw and rare.
3. Orecchiette With Sausage And Broccoli– If you want to give a unique twist to your regular pasta, you should try the Orecchiette pasta with sausage and broccoli. It is both healthy and delicious.
4. Portuguese Octopus Salad– This amazing salad can be a part of your breakfast or an evening snack! According to the nutritional point of view, an octopus is a perfect choice because it is rich in iron, omega 3, selenium, copper and vitamin B12.
Cobb Salad Recipe
- ⅓ cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- ⅔ cup Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Romaine Lettuce
- 4 Hard-Boiled Egg
- 12 ounces Cooked Chicken
- 8 Cooked Slices of Bacon
- 1 Avocado
- 4 ounces Blue Cheese
- 5 ounces Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Chopped Chives
- 1 tbsp Oregano
- 1 bunch Watercress
- In a bowl, add mustard, vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper. Mix them properly.
- Lay lettuce, boiled eggs, chicken, bacon, avocado, blue cheese, and cherry tomatoes, bacon, and watercress on a large platter. Pour vinegar mixture over the salad.
- Season with salt, pepper, and oregano. Garnish with chives and serve.
I hope you liked this recipe of Cobb Salad. Do share your meaningful experience and suggestions with me in the comment section. Also, if you any queries, mention them in the comments as well. I’ll ake sure to help you. Till then, happy eating!