Banana bread is the old times’ classics. It is probably one of the most famous bread recipes out there. Everyone loves banana bread and should learn how to make one. Fortunately, it’s quite easy to do.
You can even easily bargain on it if you’d like. Say, you can ask, “help me on my math homework, and I’ll make banana bread for you.” We bet anyone will agree on such a deal. No papercoach writer can compete against such an offer. It’s one of those comfort foods that are perfect for a good breakfast or late-night meal after a long day. It’s easy to make and takes almost no time at all.
To make banana bread, mix flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl. Using a blender, mix bananas, eggs, vanilla extract, and softened butter until they form a smooth puree. Mix the wet and dry ingredients. Pour this batter into a greased baking pan. Bake it for about 50 minutes. Take out of the oven and let it cool for 10-15 minutes. Serve with a hot beverage.
This was just an overview of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. But before going to the full recipe, do check out other bread recipes as well.
1. Pecan Raisin Bread– We love raisin bread and also enjoy the nutty flavor of pecans, so I decided to combine the two for this delectable loaf. It smells wonderful and the tastes so good.
2. Pumpernickel Bread– Pumpernickel Bread is made with a high proportion of rye flour and wheat flour. It differs from rye bread as Rye bread is made with rye flour with the addition of different grains in it.
3. Janet’s Banana Bread– Janet’s banana bread recipe is one of the best banana bread recipes. We can’t imagine a world without banana bread, can we? This sweet and moist Janet’s Banana Bread is a lip-smacking dish you would love to have.
4. Rye Bread Recipe– This homemade rye bread is light and soft inside with a crusty crust. Make it with or without caraway seeds. Great for reuben sandwiches, grilled cheese, and more.
Ingredients for Banana Bread
|Large Darkened Bananas||2|
|Unsalted Butter (softened)||¼ cup|
|All-Purpose Flour||2 cups|
|Brown Sugar||1 cup|
|Baking Powder||3/4 teaspoon|
|Nuts, Raisins, Chocolate Chips, Seeds, Berries||Optional|
Required Equipment– A Baking Pan, Two Large, Bowls, A Whisk and A Mixer.
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|20 Minutes||1 Hour||1 Hour 20 Minutes|
Classic Banana Bread Recipe
- Preheat your oven to 350oF.
- In a bowl, add flour, baking powder, sugar, and cinnamon. Add a pinch of salt to the bowl. Stir it well until all the ingredients are mixed well.
- Peel the bananas and put them in a bowl. Ripened bananas are easy to smash into a puree. Mash the bananas using a fork or a mixer until smooth.
- Add eggs into the banana puree. Use a mixer at a low speed to blend everything.
- Add vanilla extract to this mixture. Also, add softened butter to the mashed bananas and eggs. Use a mixer to blend everything.
- Combine your wet and dry ingredients into one bowl. For that, slowly add dry ingredients to your wet ones. Use a mixer at a slow speed to blend them in. Add dry ingredients one spoon at a time. The classic banana bread dough is ready.
- At this point, you may add other ingredients if you want something extra in your bread. Add nuts, raisins, or other flavors, if you desire. Now, mix the dough only with a spatula or whisk. Otherwise, a mixer may break added nuts.
- Grease the baking pan thoroughly with some butter, vegetable oil, or olive oil. You may also use cooking spray. Slowly pour the mixture into the pan.
- You may decorate the bread with extra bananas on top. For the decoration, use harder bananas cut in long strips or circles.
- Bake it at 350° for about 50 minutes.
- If the bread has formed a long crack in the middle, it’s a sign that your bread is almost ready.
- Take it out of the oven once the crack is formed and the bread has a nice brown crust on top.
- After taking it out of the oven, leave the bread in the pan for at least 10-15 minutes.
- Then, take the bread out of the pan and leave it to cool for another 10 minutes.
- Serve it warm with a hot beverage.
Nutritional Breakdown of Banana Bread