Some desserts are so delicious that we always remember their taste and include them in our list of favourites. If I were asked about my favourite dessert, my answer would have been specific and to the point. And that would be a French classic known as Clafoutis. This dessert is a gem and. No other dessert can match the level that it has.
So, have you guys ever tried this soft, fluffy and creamy dessert? If your answer is no, then you are missing out on a really good dessert that you should definitely try.
As you all already know, the name of this recipe is Clafoutis. What makes it unique is the ingredients that are used in its making. French recipes include very basic ingredients but the way they cook or bake it is what makes a difference and helps them to stand out from others. This french delight is just a mix or blend of around five to six ingredients that you may already have at your home. This makes it easy for you to consider this recipe for your next dessert that you were thinking of.
The preparation is easy and there is nothing at all in this recipe that is difficult to understand. The texture is soft and full of cream from inside with its edges slightly brown to give you that smoky essence and for those who are worried about health-related factors, this recipe will not let you down. Because all the ingredients used are quite healthy and have no preservatives or artificial contents in it.
Now, there are various reasons that you should consider and keep in mind while making this dessert at home. Let’s start then. Read the full article and know what makes this Clafoutis recipe so special.
Ingredients for Clafoutis
|Unsalted Butter||1 tsp.|
|Whole Milk||1 cup|
|Granulated Sugar||½ cup|
|Vanilla Extract||1 tsp.|
|All-purpose flour||½ tsp.|
|Fine Salt||1 tsp.|
|Powdered Sugar||For Garnishing.|
Well, the ingredients are in front of you. Make a list and shop them out. You will easily find them at any nearby local store.
How Much Time Will it Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||40 Minutes||50 Minutes|
The timings show that this Clafoutis will not take much of your precious time. It’s a matter of only 50 minutes and then you can have this dessert ready on your dining table.
After hearing so much about this Clafoutis dessert, the time has come now, where I will tell you how to bake this delicious masterpiece at home. Get ready to witness a dish that you will not find anywhere else but only in your kitchen after you make it on your own.
- First, you have to preheat your oven to about 400F. Grease your cast-iron skillet with some butter and keep it aside.
- Now in a food processor or a big mixing bowl, add milk, sugar, eggs and vanilla and whisk it until a smooth batter is formed. It will take about 20 seconds in a food processor and more if doing with a hand or whisker.
- Now add flour, salt and zest to this batter and mix it until it gets thoroughly mixed up.
- Bring the pan in which you want to bake it and pour this batter into it.
- To top with cherries, clean them, remove their stems and pit them. You can cut them into two halves if you want. Spread them over the batter evenly.
- Now put this skillet into the oven and bake it for about 40 minutes. Watch the edges until they turn golden brown in colour.
- Take it out of the oven and let it cool. Dust with some powdered sugar and ready to serve.
Serve this delicious Clafoutis dessert along with some tea or coffee or any other beverage that you like and enjoy the sweet taste of this baked bread with the goodness of cherries on the top.
Nutritional Breakdown of Clafoutis
The nutritional facts of this recipe are down below in the table. This will be helpful to maintain and keep an eye on your diet plan.
How to Make Clafoutis at Home | Video
Here is a video of this Clafoutis recipe that you should watch to know the full details.
Can’t wait to begin with the recipe? Try it and share your reviews in the comment section. Just in case you have any queries related to the recipe, you can ask your questions in the comment section too. If you liked this recipe, do share it with your family and friends. Bon Appetite!