Cinnamon pecan waffles are delicious and really easy-to-make. If you want to have waffles for breakfast then, cinnamon pecan waffles are the best choice. It is a healthy choice for your breakfast, considering all the nutrients added to it.
To make cinnamon pecan waffles, mix the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in one bowl. While, whisk eggs, vanilla extract, milk, and butter in another bowl.
Combine both the mixture and blend to form the batter. Add chopped cinnamon and pour the batter into the greased waffle maker. Cook it until they are golden and crispy on the outside. Serve with pecan topping.
To add serious crunchiness, you can use yeast to create more than mere fluffiness, instead of baking powder. Additionally, you can substitute whole grain flours like whole wheat or spelt flour, but expect the waffles to be a little denser.
This was just an overview of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. Also, there are a variety of breakfast recipes that you can try as well. Do check them as well.
1. Omelette du Fromage– If you want to make a cheese omelet then, you should try making Omelette du Fromage. “Omelette du Fromage” is just the French phrase for the cheese omelette. It is really easy to make and gets ready in no time.
2. Queen Elizabeth’s Drop Scones– The recipe that I will be sharing today is considered one of the most decorated and precious ones. It is written by Majesty Queen Elizabeth II herself. She gifted it to the president of the United States when he visited the U.K in 1959.
3. Mary Berry’s Orange Drop Scones– This scone is named after a very renowned celebrity chef Mary Berry. This recipe is the best drop scones recipe ever. It has all the common ingredients like sugar, flour, butter, egg.
4. Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal– It is said that breakfast is one of the most important meals of the meal. One such healthy breakfast recipe is the peanut butter banana oatmeal.
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Cinnamon Pecan Waffles?
- Waffle Maker – Cook the waffles in a waffle maker until you get waffles with a crispy brown exterior and fluffy interior.
- Blender – Blend the mixture in a blender at high speed until it becomes stiff.
- Bowls – Prepare the dry and wet mixture in mixing bowls for the batter.
- Spoon – Beat the eggs in a bowl with a spoon for the recipe.
- Spatula – Combine the ingredients with a spatula until it becomes consistent.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Cinnamon Pecan Waffles?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||5 Minutes||15 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Cinnamon Pecan Waffles?
- Milk – Use whole milk to make your waffles extra rich.
- Eggs – The eggs are separated, so the yolks get mixed in the batter. Then the whites are whipped and folded in at the end, which is what makes the waffles so fluffy.
- Butter – Melted butter creates waffles crisp on the outside and tender inside, making it light and airy.
- Vanilla Extract – A classic way to make waffles taste better, is to add some vanilla extract to the batter. The addition of vanilla will bring depth of flavor and touch of sweetness to the waffles.
- All Purpose Flour – All purpose-flour will keep the cinnamon pecan waffles light on their feet.
- Chopped Pecans – Top your waffles with chopped pecans to add a kick of sweet and buttery flavor.
- Baking Powder – This waffle recipe used leavening agent, baking powder, which helps the batter turn light and fluffy as it cooks.
- Cinnamon – Adding a tablespoon of cinnamon powder to the batter will lend a sweet and woody flavor with a slight citrusy note and it spicy taste.
- Brown Sugar – I have kept the sugar amount low, since I have used vanilla extract, but you can increase the sugar for sweeter waffles.
- Salt – Salt will balance the sweet and savory flavors of the ingredients.
Steps To Make Cinnamon Pecan Waffles
1. The Beginning
Start by mixing flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a bowl. In another bowl, whisk eggs and add vanilla extract, butter, and milk. Mix them until well combined.
Once everything is done, combine both the mixture and mix them well. You can use a blender for perfect blending. Blend the mixture at high speed until it becomes stiff.
When the batter becomes consistent, add finely chopped cinnamon to it.
2. The Final Step
Preheat your waffle maker. Spray it with cooking spray and pour about half a cup of batter into each section of your waffle maker. A Belgian waffle maker is perfect for this purpose.
Close the waffle maker and cook it until you get waffles with a crispy brown exterior and fluffy interior.
Serve hot with your favorite syrup and chopped pecan.
|Saturated Fat||8.3 g|
How Will Cinnamon Pecan Waffles Look And Taste Like?
Cinnamon pecan waffles recipe is packed with essential nutrients to kickstart your day. The addition of cinnamon and pecans to the waffles elevates the taste, aroma, and texture of the waffles.
These waffles are super easy to make, and they are nice and fluffy on the inside. The waffles are flavored with some ground cinnamon, chopped pecans, and a bit of vanilla extract.
They’re cozy, delicious, and beautiful! Especially when they’re caramelized with brown butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
Cinnamon Pecan Waffles Recipe
- Waffle Maker
- 1 ½ cups Milk
- 4 Eggs
- ½ cup Melted Butter
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Finely Chopped Pecans
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Salt
- Start by mixing flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs and add vanilla extract, butter, and milk. Mix them until well combined.
- Combine both the mixture and mix them well. You can use a blender for perfect blending. Blend the mixture at high speed until it becomes stiff.
- When the batter becomes consistent, add finely chopped cinnamon to it.
- Preheat your waffle maker. Spray it with cooking spray and pour about half a cup of batter into each section of your waffle maker.
- Close the waffle maker and cook until you get waffles with a crispy brown exterior and fluffy interior.
- Serve hot with your favorite syrup, butter, cinnamon, and pecan topping.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Are waffle batter and pancake batter the same thing?
While both batters use a similar ingredient base, they use different ratios. Waffle batter has more butter and sugar to create caramelization, providing the classic golden brown color. This waffle recipe is unique as it uses yeast as its leavening agent, rather than baking powder or soda.
Why are my cinnamon pecan waffles never crispy?
Not waiting until the iron heats up properly means your waffles will cook, but never achieve that satisfyingly crisp exterior. Overworking the batter will leave your waffles dense and chewy instead of light and airy. And stacking even the most perfect waffles will cause them to become soggy and limp in minutes.
Should you let waffle batter rest?
Be sure to let the batter rest the full 30 minutes, and if they end up resting almost 40 minutes, that’s still fine. If you don’t let the batter rest, you get a full waffle less than if you wait, plus they’re more chewy and not as delicious. 30 minutes goes quickly while you’re getting the your toppings ready, etc.
How do you make waffles fluffier?
Yes, this sounds like a pain—but trust us, the end result is worth it. Whipped egg whites add extra air to the batter, guaranteeing waffles that’ll rise to their fluffiest potential. Use a handheld or stand mixer to make the job easy.
Cinnamon pecan waffles are perfect with your typical waffle garnishes of butter, syrup, and a dusting of powdered sugar. But they also pair well with fruit such as fresh blueberries or strawberries.
Also, a scoop of pan-fried apples is delicious with this cinnamon waffle recipe! If you liked this recipe, don’t forget to share your experience with us. Till then, happy eating!
2 thoughts on “Easy Cinnamon Pecan Waffles Recipe”
Thank you for sharing a beautiful recipe for cinnamon pecan. A really good experience to read this & hope it’ll taste same great.
Surely try it next weekend. Thanks
I am very glad to hear that you liked the recipe. Thank You for your wonderful feedback.