If you need a simple yet beautifully flavored side dish, then cinnamon glazed carrots recipe can be the best holiday menu item for you. It’s an easy-to-make dish that features baby carrots coated with cinnamon glaze.
When the holiday season arrives, planning the menu can be a tedious task, especially for thanksgiving. The story starts with a good turkey but ends with a couple of other items accompanying it. Therefore, among so much cooking, cinnamon-glazed carrots can become your go-to dish for a healthy and sumptuous side.
So, what is this dish all about? Cinnamon glazed carrots are a classic dish that comes with sweet and warm flavors. This dish is made with just four ingredients, but you are free to customize it to your liking.
The essential ingredients include a bunch of fresh baby carrots, honey, butter, and cinnamon. Among all the rich items on your menu, sometimes a little bit of simplicity is just what you need. So, take out your apron and get ready to make a special thanksgiving dish.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Cinnamon Glazed Carrots Recipe?
- Large Vessel – You will need a large vessel to boil the carrots.
- Saucepan – A saucepan will be required to sauté the carrots.
- Spatula – Spatula will be helpful to mix the ingredients.
- Serving Dish – A serving dish will be required to serve the cinnamon glazed carrots.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Cinnamon Glazed Carrots Recipe?
|Preparation Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||15 Minutes||20 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Cinnamon Glazed Carrots Recipe?
- Baby Carrots – To make this dish, you will need 16 ounces of fresh baby carrots.
- Water – 2 L water will be needed to cook the carrots.
- Butter – We will use two tablespoons of butter to make the cinnamon glaze.
- Honey – ¼ cup honey will be required to make the glaze and add a natural sweetness to the carrots.
- Cinnamon – We will also add one teaspoon of ground cinnamon to add warmth to this recipe.
Steps To Make Cinnamon Glazed Carrots Recipe
1. Cook The Carrots
Place carrots into a large vessel and pour in enough water to reach a depth of 1 inch over carrots, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer carrots until tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and transfer to a bowl.
2. Prepare The Cinnamon Glaze
In a saucepan, heat butter, honey, and cinnamon over medium heat and keep stirring to blend.
3. Serve The Dish
Now that the carrots are nicely crisp and tender and your glaze is ready, we will line up the dish. In a serving platter or dish, line your baby carrots and drizzle the cinnamon glaze on top. Your cinnamon glazed carrots are ready to be served!
What Flavors Can You Add Cinnamon Glazed Carrots Recipe?
Cinnamon glazed carrots are a simple yet delicious dish. While the recipe that I have shared with you is one way to make the carrots, you can also sprinkle some fresh thyme after pouring the glaze. Additionally, if you savor sweet and tangy flavors, you can also add one tablespoon of orange juice to the glaze. This combination is a delightful spin on the basic cinnamon glazed carrot recipe.
How To Store Cinnamon Glazed Carrots
To enjoy the leftover cinnamon-glazed carrots, you can place them in an airtight container or secure them with a food wrap and place it in the refrigerator. This will ensure that they stay fresh. You can reheat the carrots in a microwave before eating.
Cinnamon glazed carrots can stay fresh when refrigerated for 3-4 days.
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.1 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Trans Fat||0.1 g|
|Vitamin C||2 mg|
How Will Cinnamon Glazed Carrots Recipe Look And Taste Like?
Baby carrots are one of the most eye-catching and tasty veggies out there. So, it’s only wise to deck it up in a gorgeous way by keeping their vibrant color intact. This recipe does exactly that. It’s simple, classic, and stunning to look at. This recipe serves six people. You can serve this dish with most meat, chicken, and seafood!
Cinnamon Glazed Carrots Recipe
- 16 ounces Baby Carrots
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 2 L Water
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Place carrots into a large vessel and pour in enough water to reach a depth of 1 inch over carrots, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer carrots until tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and transfer to a bowl.
- In a saucepan, heat butter, honey, and cinnamon over medium heat and keep stirring to blend.
- Now that your carrots are nicely crisp and tender and your glaze is ready, we will line up the dish. In a serving platter or dish, line your baby carrots and drizzle the cinnamon glaze on top. Your cinnamon glazed carrots are ready to be served!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What Ingredients do you need to make cinnamon glazed carrots?
To make cinnamon glazed carrots, you will need baby carrots, butter, honey, and cinnamon.
Can you prepare cinnamon glazed carrots in advance?
Yes, you can prepare cinnamon glazed carrots one day in advance. You can boil the carrots and make the glaze, and store it in separate containers a day before. Toss them up together before serving.
Can you reheat glazed carrots in the microwave?
Glazed carrots can be reheated right before serving. You can microwave them in a microwave-safe bowl for a few minutes or place them back in a saute pan and heat them just until warm.
What other ingredients can you add to cinnamon glazed carrots?
You can enhance the flavor of cinnamon glazed carrots by adding a tablespoon of orange juice or thyme.