The recipe for today is Cinderella pumpkin. Pumpkin is the main ingredient in this recipe. A whole pumpkin is emptied and then, stuffed with other vegetables and pork sausage to make this dish.
This recipe originated in France and was famous during the 1880s. This Cinderella pumpkin is also known as Rouge Vif D’Etampes in french. People mostly eat it during winters.
To make Cinderella pumpkin, cook sausages and then mushrooms in a pan. Add butter, add garlic, celery, and onion to the pan. Cook them for some time. Then, add berbere and cardamom to it. Add chicken stock, peas, salt, potatoes, and carrots to it. Add the mushrooms and sausages back and add the tomatoes to it. Stuff this mixture in a pumpkin and bake it for an hour.
This is just a snippet of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Vegetarian Lasagna– Learning to make a veggie lasagna is something that foodies of all ages can do. It’s packed with all manner of healthy ingredients but still substantial enough to fill you up until breakfast, so it’s the ideal food for students to make too.
2. Meatloaf Muffins– We have always tried different kinds of muffins and today; we are going to make something innovative. We are making Meatloaf Muffins today which are literally very tasty.
3. Mexican Sushi– Making Mexican Sushi has never been easy until now but I found the simplest and easiest way to make this recipe.
4. Baby Shrimp Scampi– This recipe is a combination of butter and white wine incorporated with the shrimp. The sweet and sour taste of butter and lemon juice makes this recipe an exceptional one.
Ingredients For Cinderella Pumpkin
|Olive Oil||3 teaspoons|
|Mushrooms (sliced)||12 ounces|
|Garlic (minced)||6 cloves|
|Celery Stalks (chopped)||1 cup|
|Berbere Spice Blend||1 ½ teaspoon|
|Chicken Stock||2 ½ cups|
|Kosher Salt||¾ teaspoon|
|Ground Cardamom||¼ teaspoon|
|Frozen Black-Eyed Peas||1 ¾ cups|
|Baby Red potatoes||½ pound|
|Whole Pumpkin||10-15 pound|
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Total time|
|1 hour||1 hour||2 hours|
Cinderella Pumpkin Recipe
- Take a sauté pan and add 1 teaspoon of olive oil in it.
- Now, add the sausages to the pan. Cook them for around 6 minutes until they are brown from the sides.
- After they are cooked, cut them into thick slices and keep aside.
- Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil to the same pan. Add mushrooms to it and sauté them for 5 minutes.
- Now, put these mushrooms with the sausages. Add butter to the pan. Also, add garlic, celery and onion and cook this mixture for about 6 minutes.
- Add berbere and cardamom to it. Continue to sauté for 1 minute. Now, add chicken stock, peas, salt, potatoes and carrots. Add the sausages and mushrooms back to the pan.
- Cook them for another 20 minutes on low flame.
- Cut the top of the pumpkin and remove seeds and strings. Cover the pumpkin with foil and place it in a roasting pan or baking dish.
- Preheat the oven to 350oF and add chopped tomatoes into the sausage mixture and stir.
- Now, carefully pour the mixture of sausages and tomatoes on the top-notch of pumpkin and place it inside the oven.
- Bake it for about 1 hour and 10 minutes until the pumpkin is fully cooked and is tender.
Nutritional Facts Of Cinderella Pumpkin