Have you ever heard of Cinderella Pumpkin? I was very much interested in this recipe and wanted to know about it. For those who don’t know what this recipe is, as the name tells, the pumpkin is the main ingredient. It is baked with some other vegetables and pork sausage with it.
This recipe sounds quite interesting. This recipe was originated in France and was famous during the 1880s. This Cinderella Pumpkin is also as Rouge Vif D’Etampes and people mostly eat it during winters.
During my childhood, I never liked pumpkin very much, but after my mom made this one day, I was mesmerized with its taste and the flavors that it had. I never expected that pumpkin could be so delicious. I asked for the full Cinderella Pumpkin recipe from my mom and she told me how she made it.
Today I bought a Pumpkin from the market and I thought why not make a Cinderella pumpkin? So, here I am with is a cool recipe which I guess you all will like. To start with, here is the list of ingredients in the table below that you will need to make this recipe at your home.
Ingredients For Cinderella Pumpkin
|Olive oil||3 tsp|
|Pork sausages||4 pc|
|Celery stalks||1 cup|
|Berbere spice blend||1 ½ tsp|
|Onion||1 2 pc|
|Chicken stock||2 ½ cups|
|Kosher salt||¾ tsp|
|Ground cardamom||¼ tsp|
|Frozen black-eyed peas||1 ¾ cups|
|Baby red potatoes||½ pound|
|Whole pumpkin||10-15 pound|
The ingredients are more in number but are easily available in any supermarket or grocery store.
How Much Time It Will Take?
This recipe will make a good amount of time to cook. You will have to wait for some hours so that you can have a taste of it.
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Total time|
|1 hour||1 hour||2 hours|
Now is the main portion of the recipe where it gets really exciting. I hope you have guessed it right. So let’s start cooking the Cinderella Pumpkin at home.
Cinderella Pumpkin Recipe
- Take a sauté pan and add 1 tsp of olive oil in it.
- Now add the sausages in the pan and cook them for around 6 minutes until they are brown from the sides.
- After they are cooked, now cut them into thick slices and keep aside.
- After taking out the sausages, put the flame on medium-high and add 1 tsp of olive oil along with mushrooms and sauté it for 5 minutes.
- Now add these mushrooms with the sausages and add butter to the pan, also add garlic, celery and onion and cook this mixture for about 6 minutes.
- Add berbere and cardamom and continue to sauté for 1 minute. Now add chicken stock, peas, salt, potatoes and carrots.
- Cook for another 20 minutes on low flame.
- Cut the top of the pumpkin and remove seeds and strings, cover the pumpkin with foil and place it in a roasting pan or baking dish.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and add chopped tomatoes into the sausage mixture and stir.
- Now carefully pour the mixture of sausages and tomatoes on the top-notch of pumpkin and place it inside the oven.
- Bake it for about I hour and 10 minutes until the pumpkin is fully cooked and tendered.
And here you go. Your Cinderella pumpkin is ready. Enjoy this wholesome meal with your loved ones.
Nutritional Facts Of Cinderella Pumpkin
This recipe is quite healthy in real and provided a good amount of nutrients to the body. You can check the nutritional chart of this recipe.
How To Make Cinderella Pumpkin at Home | Video
These recipes seem difficult, but trust me once you start making this at home you will find it really easy to make. But if you still have any confusion regarding any step, then I would recommend this video. It will help you to make this recipe quite easier.
I hope you like this Cinderella Pumpkin recipe and will at least try at your home. Please let us know your valuable feedback in the comments section below. Till then stay safe and happy cooking.