Cilantro lime chicken is a full package of bold flavors with juicy chicken. It is easy to cook and only uses a handful of ingredients. It goes well with many side dishes like salads, seasoned beans, taco rice, etc. Cilantro lime chicken is the fix for you for all the nights you crave a delicious yet healthy dinner.
I had this dish in a restaurant while I was on holiday in Australia. I was utterly mesmerized by the flavors and the dish got stuck in my head. I came home and started making the recipe. I love how easy, flavorsome, and fulfilling this dish is. My family enjoys it with taco rice and mashed potatoes.
To make cilantro lime chicken, mix lemon zest, lime juice, cilantro, olive oil, garlic, cumin, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Put the chicken pieces and the marinade in a zip-lock bag. Shake it so that the chicken gets coated well with the marinade. Cook it in a skillet until it has browned from both sides. Garnish it with cilantro, lime juice, and lime wedges.
This is just a snippet of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Mongolian Hot Pot– It is made with beef, noodles, mushrooms, vegetables, and different kinds of sauces and spices.
2. Zuni Chicken– The secret behind the taste of Zuni Chicken is salting the bird at least a day in advance. It will help in improving flavor, keeping it moist, and make it tender.
3. Roasted Rack of Lamb– This recipe is not only delicious but also has a significant number of nutritional elements in it. The nutrients that can help us all to make ourselves more healthy and fit.
4. Baked Split Chicken Breast– The recipe is very famous for its wide variety of natural ingredients. Those ingredients have various health benefits and cure many problems.
Cilantro Lime Chicken Recipe
- 6 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs (1.5 to 1.75 lbs. total)
- ½ bunch Cilantro (chopped)
- 2 Limes
- Freshly Grounded Pepper (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- ½ teaspoon Cumin
- 4 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil
- To prepare the marinade, mix 1 tablespoon of lemon zest, 2-3 tablespoons of lime juice, half of the chopped cilantro, olive oil, minced garlic, cumin and a pinch of salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Place the chicken thighs in a large zip-top bag and put in the marinade into it. Toss it well so that the marinade covers the chicken thighs well. Let it marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and place the chicken in it.
- Cook each side of the chicken for about 5-7 minutes until it is browned and cooked properly.
- Garnish the cooked chicken with cilantro and line wedges. Squeeze some lime juice over it.