Soft and airy inside but crunchy on the outside, that’s how a perfect Ciabatta roll will be like. It is the best Italian white bread you can make at your home. I am providing you with the best recipe.
A baker created ciabatta rolls in Adria, Italy in the year 1982. I got a chance to taste this bread when I was on a trip to Italy. I found this bread in almost every bakery and restaurant around the corner. So I thought to give it a try. And I loved the texture of this bread. This bread is perfect for making sandwiches and burger. But I cannot always go to Italy to indulge in it again. So, I thought why not try to make it at home and found this recipe which gives me almost the same taste.
Ciabatta rolls are a broad-flat elongated bread that is made using yeast, water, all-purpose flour and salt. First, you need to prepare the dough by mixing all the ingredients and allow it to rise at room temperature. After 30 minutes, cut the dough into equal pieces and bake for around 20 minutes. You Ciabatta Bread Rolls are ready.
I love how my home smells like a bakery while making them. I am definitely going to make use of this bread in my breakfast. A chicken salami sandwich will be my choice. What will you choose to make with this roll? Let me share with you the detailed steps of the recipe below. But before that, look at the ingredients you need.
Ingredients for Ciabatta Rolls
- 1 tsp Instant Yeast
- 1 cup Water
- 300 g All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
You must be happy looking at the ingredients you require to make this bread. We usually have them all stocked up in the out pantry. So you might have saved your visit to the supermarket to get them. Now let’s see the time taken to bake this bread.
How Much Time It Will Take to Make Ciabatta Bread Rolls?
|Preparation Time||Additional Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 minutes||3 hours 20 minutes||20 minutes||4 hours|
It may seem a lengthy recipe to you but it is not. The time consuming part here is the rise time for the dough. It only takes 20 minutes to bake the rolls. Now, moving to the procedure to make the rolls.
Steps to Make Ciabatta Rolls
- Take a small cup. Add yeast to it with some lukewarm water. Mix them well to combine. You will smell the aroma of yeast and bubbles may appear. Let it rest for 2 minutes.
- Take a large bowl. To it add salt and flour. Pour the yeast mixture in it and whisk them all until it turns fluffy. Make sure that there are no dry flour particles left in the bowl. So scrap the sides leaving no flour. The mixture will be very sticky, so need not worry about that.
- Using the plastic wrap, cover the bowl and rest it for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Now, stretch and fold the dough by sprinkling some water on your hands. The technique is to fold the edge in the center, continue till you cover all the edges. Perform this within a minute and cover the dough again. Rest it for another 30 minutes.
- Repeat the stretch and fold and cover it again for 30 minutes. Perform 3 rounds of stretch and fold and you will get the size of the dough doubled up.
- Now, place the dough on a surface with dry flour. You will find the dough to be very sticky, so do not worry about that. Shape the dough in a rectangular shape by sprinkling some flour over it. Remember not to press the dough as this may squeeze the air holes, making the bread fluffy.
- Shape the dough in the form of a log and seal the edges. Divide the dough in 4-5 equal parts. Rest them for 40 minutes.
- Set the oven on preheat mode to 420 F. Place a baking pan filled with water in the oven and let the oven preheat. Till then transfer each dough on a baking tray of 8×12 inch with parchment paper. Dust your hand before picking the dough as they will be very sticky.
- As the oven gets ready, sprinkle some water over the dough parts and bake them for 20 minutes.
- To check the bread if it’s done, tap the bottom of the bread. If the bread is done, it will sound hollow.
- Let the bread cool down before you serve.
As this dough is very sticky, I will suggest you use a bench scraper. It will make the dough easy to fold and transfer. These rolls are great to make a sandwich.
Nutritional Breakdown of Ciabatta Rolls
Let’s see how much value of nutrition these rolls will deliver to you in the table below.
How to Make Ciabatta Rolls at Home | Video
I have uploaded the video to assist you. Do watch it to know every detail of the recipe.
Is there still any question in your mind regarding this Ciabatta Rolls recipe? If yes, then leave your question in the comment section below. I will try to make every detail clear with my best knowledge. You can check other recipes like this which are easy to make, in our Starters section. I hope you like them as much as we like them sharing with you. Have a good day!