All the fancy desserts are fine but what children really want for Christmas is fun sweet treats. So, naturally, it becomes quintessential to make a delicious and fun dessert that is also fitting to the Christmas theme. Well, here’s a simple thought, Christmas wreath cupcakes. What’s more fun than mini cakes decorated in a wreath-shaped buttercream?
It is also fun to make. If you want a shortcut, you can use a cake mix to make the cupcakes and then just decorate them. But I feel it’s really satisfying to make something from scratch. You can also customize everything to how you like it.
The real riot is the decorating part. I just love it. You can make mini wreaths on one cupcake or combine some and make a big wreath. You can add candy to decorate it or fruits. You can make leaves and bows. Just thinking about it makes me excited. These cupcakes are also delicious. You better keep some aside for yourself beforehand or you might not get any. So, fold your sleeves and tighten your aprons because we are about to make Christmas wreath cupcakes. But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other dishes from the dessert section of our blog.
1. Mini Gingerbread Houses– Mini gingerbread houses are a delicious Christmas treat. These are made from gingerbread and are infused with the flavors of gingerbread, mixed spices, golden syrup, and many more. It’s a perfect celebration dessert to be enjoyed with family on Christmas.
2. Chocolate Santa Cookies– Chocolate Santa cookies are Christmas cookies topped with white chocolate, cherries, and toffee bits. These chocolate cookies are filled with the flavors of chocolate, cinnamon, butter, vanilla, and white sugar. These cookies look amazing are perfect to be enjoyed on Christmas.
3. Christmas Wreath Cookies– Christmas wreath cookies are Christmas-themed cookies. These cookies have butter and marshmallows mixed with cornflakes. These cookies are flavored with almond and vanilla extract along with red cinnamon candy. These buttery cookies are a bit crispy due to cornflakes and look green due to the green food color.
4. Pumpkin Parfaits– Want to make a delicious pumpkin dessert this pumpkin season? Try pumpkin parfaits. This delicious dessert is layered with a cream cheese mixture and a pumpkin mixture. Both these mixtures have a touch of orange juice to make it refreshing.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Christmas Wreath Cupcakes?
- Large Bowls- The large bowls will be needed to make the cupcake batter and then the buttercream icing.
- Medium Bowl- In the recipe, the medium bowl will be used to mix the dry ingredients for the muffing.
- Mixer- Use the mixer, preferably a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, to make the batter and the icing.
- Muffin Liners and Muffin Tin- Place the muffin liner in the muffin tin. Scoop the batter in the liners and then bake.
- Oven- Bake your mini cakes in the oven.
- Piping Bag With Large Star Piping Tip- This comes in handy when you are decorating the cupcakes.
- Knife, Spatula, Whisk, and Ice-Cream Scooper- Use the knife for cutting, the spatula for mixing, the whisk for whisking, and the scooper for scooping the batter.
- Sift- This is what you’ll be needing for sifting the flour and the sugar.
- 16″ Round Cake Board- Place the cupcakes on the board and then decorate them. Easy!
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Christmas Wreath Cupcakes?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||25 Minutes||30 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Christmas Wreath Cupcakes
For The Cupcakes
- All-Purpose Flour- The flour is the base ingredient here and is the medium everything goes into.
- Superfine Sugar- Sweeten your delicious cupcakes with the help of sugar. Use superfine sugar so it blends perfectly well with the other ingredients.
- Baking Powder- This is the leavening for the cupcakes. In other words, it helps the cupcakes poof up.
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder- There’s enough sweetness in the sugar. So. it’s better to add unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Salted Butter- Salted butter is used to make the batter rich and the cupcakes moist. The salt in butter balances the sugar in the cupcakes so that they don’t become too sweet (like there’s a thing like ‘too sweet’).
- Eggs- For this recipe, three extra-large eggs should do.
- Vanilla Extract- Vanilla extract is the dessert elixir, I believe. Add it to your batter for that sweet, heavenly aroma.
- Vegetable Oil- Add a little bit of oil to make that batter really come together.
- Water- A little water to even everything out.
For The Buttercream
- Unsalted Butter- You don’t use salted butter to make the buttercream. It kinda ruins the flavor.
- Powdered Sugar- A lot of sugar because we want to get a sugar high.
- Vanilla Extract- At this point, I could use vanilla extract even as a perfume. So, obviously, it’s going into the buttercream. Add generously, so we can call it vanilla buttercream.
- Whole Milk- A little milk so that it doesn’t become too thick.
- Green Gel Paste Food Color- Green color because we are making wreaths that are green-colored. Good job!
Steps To Make Christmas Wreath Cupcakes
1. Make The Batter
First and foremost, what you need to do is preheat the oven at 350°F, so our cupcakes are perfectly baked. Then, take a large bowl and add the butter and sugar to it. Beat these two in a stand mixer until combined.
After that, add water, oil, eggs, and vanilla extract to it. Beat them again at low speed until they are evenly mixed. In a medium bowl, add flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder. Whisk these dry ingredients and add them to the large bowl. Mix them until they make a smooth batter.
2. Put The Cake In The Cups
Take the muffin tin and line the muffin liners in it. Scoop the batter into the liners one by one. Then, place the tin in the oven and bake them for about 20 minutes.
When they are baked, take them out and allow them to cool for about 5 minutes.
3. For The Buttercream
While the cupcakes are baking, make your delicious buttercream. In a large bowl, add the butter and whisk it using a stand mixer for 5 minutes. The butter should change color slightly and be evenly whipped.
Then, it’s time to add my favorite thing ever, the vanilla extract, along with one cup of sugar. Mix them for 2 minutes until combined. Repeat this step for the rest of the sugar. Be patient; you have 10 cups left.
Add the milk to it and mix so that the cream is smooth and not too thick. Add the green food gel to it and mix until it has an even green color.
4. Decorate The Cake
Fill the piping bag with this buttercream and let it chill until you want to use it.
Place your cupcakes on the cake board and decorate with buttercream. You can add candies on top of it and fondant bows. You
|Saturated Fat||11 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
How Will The Christmas Wreath Cupcakes Look And Taste Like?
The cupcakes taste like delicious chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream icing. But you can choose what they’ll look like. You can make individual wreaths on one cupcake, or you can arrange some cupcakes in a circle and make a bigger wreath out of them. The green icing looks like the leafy portion of the wreath, and you can add redcurrants or candy to decorate them. A red fondant bow would just look perfect.
Christmas Wreath Cupcakes Recipe
For The Cupcakes
- 2 ¾ cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 ⅔ cups Superfine Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 8 ounces Salted Butter (at room temperature)
- 3 large Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 3 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Water
For The Buttercream
- 8 ounces Unsalted Butter (at room temperature)
- 11 cups Powdered Sugar
- 4 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 4 tablespoons Whole Milk
- Green Gel Paste Food Color
For The Cupcakes
- First and foremost, preheat the oven. It should be at 350°F when we put the muffin tins in.
- Then, take a large bowl and add the butter and sugar to it. Using a mixer, beat these two together.
- After that, add water, oil, eggs, and vanilla extract to it. Beat them again at low speed until they are evenly mixed.
- Now, take a medium bowl and add flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder. Whisk these dry ingredients.
- When they are mixed, add the dry ingredients to the large bowl. Mix them until they make a smooth batter.
- Take the muffin tin and line the muffin liners in it. Scoop the batter into the liners one by one. Then, place the tin in the oven and bake them for about 20 minutes.
- When they are baked, take them out and allow them to cool for about 5 minutes.
For The Buttercream
- Take a large bowl and add the butter to it. Whisk it using a stand mixer for 5 minutes.
- Then, add the vanilla extract and one cup of sugar to it. Mix them for 2 minutes until combined. Repeat this step for the rest of the sugar.
- Add the milk to it and mix so that the cream is smooth.
- Fill the piping bag with this buttercream and let it chill until you want to use it.
- Place your cupcakes on the cake board and decorate with buttercream. You can add candies on top of it and fondant bows.
This is all about Christmas wreath cupcakes. Now, try to make it at home and tell me in the comments how much you enjoyed it. I’d love to hear your suggestions too. So, I’ll see you next time with another fun recipe. B’bye!