Ever wondered about a Christmas tree that smells good and is edible to eat? If yes, then brighten up your kitchen with a Christmas tree bread recipe. The Christmas tree-shaped bread is cheesy and delicious. It is a flavorful savory treat prepared with a lot of greens and sauces.
The best way to uplift the Christmas spirit is to have a great feast. Crown your table with home-baked Christmas tree bread. Let’s prepare this recipe with a twist and taste. To make this recipe, you need all-purpose flour, yeast, lukewarm milk, salt, sugar, and other flavorful condiments.
The wreath bread is popular and super fun to make. Among other wreath bread, the gingerbread cookies are also molded into the shape of a Christmas tree. Today, we are making Christmas tree bread that serves the purpose of a full-fledged meal and can be shared with the whole family.
I have added my choice of luscious sauces for the filling of bread. However, you can add your tweaks to this Christmas tree bread. We’ve put together a list of ingredients, equipment, and much more. Swirl your bread into a Christmas tree with the help of this recipe. Before you proceed further, check out other recipes as well.
Other Recipes That You Can Try
- Chinese Fried Rice Recipe
- Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Brown Rice Recipe
- Carmel Pecan Monkey Bread Recipe
- Pho Rice Noodles Recipe
- Italian Rice Recipe
- Tuna Rice Recipe
- Ciabatta Rolls Recipe
- Pumpernickel Bread Recipe
- Corn Pone Recipe
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Christmas Tree Bread?
- Bowl – Take a large size bowl to mix the dough batter.
- Pizza Cutter – In order to shape an edible Christmas tree use a pizza cutter.
- Rolling Pin – The rolling pin will help you to roll the bread dough evenly.
- Baking Tray – To bake the bread, place the dough in a baking tray.
- Cling Film – Cover the dough with a cling film and keep it aside in a warm place.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Christmas Tree Bread?
|Preparation Time||Resting Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||2 Hours||25 Minutes||2 Hours 35 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Christmas Tree Bread?
For Bread Dough
- All-Purpose Flour – To make the bread dough, use all-purpose flour.
- Sugar – Use a tablespoon of sugar to release the starch.
- LukeWarm Milk – The dried yeast will be activated in lukewarm milk easily.
- Salt – Add a teaspoon of salt to your taste.
- Olive Oil – The moisture in the dough will be balanced with the help of olive oil.
- Yeast – Adding a tablespoon of yeast will help in the fermentation of the dough. It is one of the raising-agent ingredients used in bread dough.
- Marinara Sauce – It is a thick and rich tomato sauce that adds a little sweetness to your sauce.
- Corn And Capsicum – To add sweet, buttery and earthy texture to your filling, use a cup of corn and some chopped capsicum.
- Cheese – Conceal the dough with mozzarella and parmesan cheese. However, you can use any other cheese of your choice.
- English Mustard – Use a tablespoon of English mustard to add sweet, pungent and tart flavors. Moreover, it adds a bright color to your filling.
- Olive Oil – To saute the veggies, olive oil makes for the best choice. Also, use a tablespoon of oil to slather it on top of the bread.
- Garlic Powder – Ground garlic powder is an aromatic spice. It adds garlicky flavor and fragrance to your bread.
- Oregano – Oregano is loaded with antioxidants and adds earthy and peppery flavor to your filling.
- Black Pepper – Sprinkle a pinch of black pepper to your filling. It is preferred as the best seasoning.
- Salt – A tablespoon of salt to your taste enhances the flavors.
Steps To Make Christmas Tree Bread
1. Knead the Dough
Begin with adding yeast to lukewarm milk for the process of fermentation. Remember to use lukewarm milk for fermenting the yeast. It will activate the yeast in no time. Then take all-purpose flour, a teaspoon of salt, a tablespoon of sugar, and a teaspoon of olive oil. Blend all the ingredients until it is combined well. Further, add the fermented yeast mixture. Knead it properly until you achieve a firm and soft bread dough. While making the master dough use minimum flour to avoid the cracks. Coat the dough with some more olive oil and cover it with the cling film. Keep the dough aside for 2 hours, in a warm place.
2. Relish The Sauce
The next step is to prepare the filling sauce for the Christmas tree bread. Preheat a skillet, add olive oil, and begin sauteing the veggies (corn & capsicum). Add premade marinara sauce to the veggies and other condiments like garlic powder, oregano, salt, and black pepper. Cook it for another 5 minutes. You will get a thick sauce made with fresh ingredients.
By using a rolling pin, roll your bread dough and turn it into an oval shape with the help of a pizza cutter or knife. Once you have given it the oval shape, swirl the sides to form a Christmas tree. When a Christmas tree-shaped bread is formed, add the marinara sauce filling. The spices are infused in the filling to add texture and delish flavors to your bread. Place the grated mozzarella cheese on the top of your bread. It will add a cheesy and buttery taste to your bread.
4. Bake’ n make
Before you place the bread dough in the oven, make sure you sprinkle the English mustard on the top. It will help in final proofing before baking. Keep it aside in a warm place to proof for another 10 minutes. Put the dough in the baking tray and bake in the oven for around 25 minutes. Check if it’s baked, take it out, let it rest, glaze it with olive oil, and serve hot! Enjoy the hot and delish Christmas tree bread at home.
|Dietary Fiber||1.6 g|
How Will Christmas Bread Look And Taste Like?
Christmas bread looks crispy and cheesy from the outside, soft and Spongy from the inside. The juicy and spicy filling brings out all the flavors nicely. This Christmas bread is a full-fledged meal for this year’s Christmas eve. Follow down the recipe to make this amazing bread at home with just a handful of ingredients.
Christmas Tree Bread
- Pizza Cutter
- Rolling Pin
- Baking Tray
- Cling film
- 400 g All-Purpose Flour
- 20 g Sugar
- 10 g Salt
- 250 ml Lukewarm Milk
- 50 ml Olive Oil
- 30 g Yeast
- 3 tablespoon Marinara Sauce
- 1/2 cup Corn Kernals
- 1/2 cup Capsicum
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Cup Mozzerella Cheese
- 1 tablespoon English Mustard
- In a lukewarm milk, add yeast, sugar. Let this mixture bloom for 10 minutes.
- Take a bowl, add refined flour, milk and yeast mixture. Mix it well and season it with salt and pepper.
- Knead the master dough to get nice and firm texture.
- Grease the dough with some olive oil and keep it aside for 2 hours.
- Until, the dough the resting, you can prepare the filling. To make the filling, add marinara sauce, corn, capsicum, garlic powder, oregano, and black pepper.
- Stuff the risen dough with filling sauce. Season it with salt and pepper to your taste and mould it to give a shape of Christmas tree. Grate some mozzarella cheese on the top.
- Place the stuffed bread in the baking tray and bake it for 25 minutes.
We don’t want you to miss out on anything. So we have put together the list of equipment, ingredients, and other important information. Try this recipe at home and share your experience in the comments section below.
1 thought on “How To Make Christmas Tree Bread At Home”
It was very helpful content, the author has described it very nicely.