Popcorn always makes a delicious movie snack. But what if I tell you that you can also turn it into a perfect holiday snack? Presenting Christmas popcorn, something you should definitely try this season.
When family and friends get together, snacks are important on the menu. Who doesn’t like a good snack to munch? So, if you love Christmas and popcorn, this recipe is for you.
To make sweet and colorful snack, all you need is popcorn, M&Ms, candy cane, white chocolate, and red and green drizzle.
Start by popping popcorn. Meanwhile, melt candy coating and pour over the popcorn. Top with M&M and green and red candy coating.
This treat is loved by all ages and is super easy to make. It turns out to be so great that you will need buckets full of it. Check out the recipe below to have a merry Christmas!
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Christmas Popcorn?
- Oven – Heat the candy coating separately in the oven.
- Baking Tray – Spread the mixture on a baking tray to heat in the oven.
- Pressure Cooker – A pressure cooker will be required to make popcorn.
- Bowl – A bowl will be required to transfer the prepared popcorn.
- Saucepan – A saucepan will be required to melt the candy coating.
- Tray – You will require a tray to place the popcorn mix to pour over the drizzle.
- Spoon – You will need a spoon to drizzle melted red and green candy coating.
- Parchment Paper – To prevent the popcorns from sticking, you need to spread parchment paper over the baking tray.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Christmas Popcorn?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||5 Minutes||10 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Christmas Popcorn?
- Popcorn – To make Christmas popcorn, you will need 1 to 2 bags of plain popcorn.
- Candy Coating – You will need 24 ounces of candy coating to turn your popcorn into sweet treats.
- Christmas M&Ms – To make this treat look colorful, you will need 1 to 2 cups of plain Christmas M&Ms.
- Candy Canes – Candy canes are a Christmas essential. We will need a small bag of candy canes to be crushed and added to the popcorn.
- Red Candy Coating – You will need red candy coating for drizzling.
- Green Candy Coating – Along with red, you will also need green candy coating for drizzling.
Steps To Make Christmas Popcorn
1. Pop The Popcorn
To make Christmas popcorn, begin by making popcorn as per packet instructions in a pressure cooker. Once done, transfer the popcorn to a bowl.
2. Prep The Candy Coating
Place a saucepan on a low heat. Break the candy coating into squares, and let it melt.
Stir the candy coating while it melts to prevent it from burning. Once melted, pour it over the popcorn and mix.
3. Mix The Candy!
Add M&Ms to the popcorn and spread the mixture on the baking tray lined with parchment paper. Top it with crushed candy canes.
Heat red and green candy coating separately in the oven. Once melted, drizzle them over the popcorn mix.
Refrigerate the popcorn mix for a bit so that the drizzle solidifies. Your Christmas popcorn is ready to be devoured.
Christmas Popcorn Variations
Christmas popcorn is a fun snack that can be made with a mix of ingredients of your choice. While the recipe mentioned above is a great way to serve popcorn, you can also add many more ingredients.
Check out the list of ingredients that can be added to this snack.
- Mini Pretzels – Pretzels are fun little treats to munch on. They have a sweet cracker-like taste. You can add them to Christmas popcorn for a great variety of textures and tastes.
- Sprinkles – Holiday sprinkles are always a good idea to brighten up sweet treats. You can add your favorite sprinkles to make Christmas popcorn more colorful.
- Mini Marshmallows – Marshmallows are a much-loved sweet treat, just like popcorn. Add a small bag of mini marshmallows to Christmas popcorn to add chewy bits.
- Nuts – Nuts are always a great idea to add to any dish. They add their unique flavors to a dish and pack in healthy nutrients. You can add pecans, walnuts, or peanuts to Christmas popcorn.
|Saturated Fat||27 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||10 g|
|Vitamin C||1 mg|
How Will Christmas Popcorn Look And Taste Like?
Christmas popcorn has a sweet flavor. They look colorful with the red and green candy drizzle and M&Ms.
Salty popcorn tossed in melted candy coating, festive sprinkles, and crushed candies makes a gooey irresistible snack mix. I bet you won’t stop eating it.
Christmas Popcorn Recipe
- 1-2 bags Plain Popcorn
- 24 oz Vanilla Bark or Candy Coating
- 1-2 cups Plain Christmas M&Ms
- ½ cup Crushed Candy Canes
- ¼ cup Red Candy Coating
- ¼ cup Green Candy Coating
- Prepare popcorn as per packet instructions in the pressure cooker.
- Once done, transfer the popcorn to a bowl.
- Place a saucepan on low heat, break the candy coating into squares, and let it melt.
- Stir the candy coating while it melts to prevent it from burning. Once melted, pour it over the popcorn and mix.
- Add M&Ms to the popcorn. Spread the mixture on a tray lined with parchment paper and top it with crushed candy canes.
- Heat red and green candy coating separately in the oven. Once melted, drizzle them over the popcorn mix.
- Refrigerate the popcorn mix for a bit so that the drizzle solidifies.
- Your Christmas popcorn is ready to be devoured.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much time does it take to make Christmas popcorn?
Christmas popcorn can be prepared in 10 minutes.
How ingredients do you need to make Christmas popcorn?
To make Christmas popcorn, you need popcorn, candy coating, M&Ms, and crushed candy cane.
What ingredients can be added to Christmas popcorn?
You can add mini pretzels, nuts, sprinkles, and marshmallows to Christmas popcorn.
How long does the Christmas popcorn stay good?
You can also transfer it into an airtight glass or plastic container. When stored this way, your Christmas popcorn tin may last for two weeks, retaining its freshness. The Christmas popcorn tin can last for about two months if it is unopened.
Christmas popcorn is a colorful sweet snack to prepare for big or small gatherings. You can make many variations of it by adding more ingredients of your choice.
Try out this recipe and head to the comments section to tell me how it was.