Looking for a Christmassy substitute for the traditional Moscow mule this festive season? Try this refreshing and delicious Christmas mule recipe, also known as holiday Moscow mule. This cocktail tastes heavenly as it perfectly combines sweet, spicy, herbal, and fruity tastes.
Christmas is around the corner; make this red-colored cocktail that gives a resemblance to a festival event. This cocktail is a perfect blend of vodka, ginger beer, lime, and cranberry juice. To enhance its flavors, you can also fuse it with rum or gin.
If you want to make Christmas nice, try this mule recipe full of sweetness and spice. It is incorporated with both warm and light flavors. If you are looking for easy to go recipe, then try this mule recipe that can be prepared in just 5 minutes.
In this article, I have mentioned all the necessary details, including types of equipment, ingredients, and steps to follow. Let us know about this recipe in detail without further delay.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Christmas Mule Recipe?
For making a Christmas recipe, you will require the below-mentioned types of equipment.
- Cocktail Shaker – You will need a cocktail shaker to mix the drink ingredients.
- Copper Mug: A copper mug will be required to serve the cocktail.
- Measuring Jigger: To measure the right quantities of ingredients, use a measuring jigger.
- Bottle Opener: Use a bottle opener to unlock the bottle lid.
- Spoon: Give a nice mix by using a regular spoon.
- Knife: A knife will help you slice a lime to garnish.
- Paper Straw: Use a paper straw to enjoy this cocktail.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make A Christmas Mule Recipe?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||0 Minutes||5 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Christmas Mule Recipe?
Here is the list of key ingredients you will need to prepare a Christmas mule cocktail.
- Cranberry Juice – Cranberry juice is the most important ingredient in this recipe. You will need four ounces of cranberry juice.
- Vodka – Add vodka to get a clean and neutral flavor.
- Lime Juice – Use freshly squeezed lime juice of about half a lime for the citrusy flavor notes in this shot recipe.
- Ginger Beer – To get the zing of ginger, add ginger beer as a classical ingredient.
- Ice Cubes – To maintain the drink’s cooling effect, add ice cubes as per your choice.
- Cranberries – Use fresh or frozen cranberries to get a fruity taste and colorful appearance.
- Lime Wedge – Use a lime wedge to garnish the drink.
- Rosemary Leaves – Use rosemary leaves to garnish the rim of the glass and add a herbal touch and refreshing flavor.
Steps To Make Christmas Mule Recipe
Follow these steps to make your delicious and reviving Christmas mule just in a few minutes.
1. Gather Ingredients
To make a Christmas mule, gather all the ingredients. We’ll need cranberries, vodka, lime juice, ginger beer, and ice cubes.
2. Prepare The Drink
After gathering all the ingredients, start by filling a cocktail shaker halfway with ice. Pour in 3 oz vodka, 1 oz freshly squeezed lime juice, and 4 oz unsweetened cranberry juice. Shake all the ingredients vigorously for 15 seconds. Pour the whole blend into the copper mug and add crushed ice. Top the drink with 6 oz. or more ginger beer.
3. Serve It With Style
Garnish the glass rim with a fresh lime wedge, cranberries, and a sprig of rosemary. Serve it with a paper straw.
How To Garnish A Christmas Mule?
Christmas mule is a great cocktail with a perfect combination of distinct aromatic flavors. You can easily garnish this cocktail with variant food ingredients.
Depending on the fruit juice you add, you can garnish your Christmas mule drink with a lime wedge, rosemary, mint leaves, or fresh berries. You can also use frozen or candied cranberries for garnishing.
|Vitamin C||7 mg|
How Will A Christmas Mule Look And Taste?
Christmas mule is an ideal combination of vodka and cranberries. Thus, this cocktail has a kick of vodka and the fruity taste of berries. Christmas mule is a refreshing cocktail loaded with spicy, sweet, and tangy flavors.
When it comes to its appearance, this cocktail sets an excellent standard. It looks delicious and flavorful with its red color and floating cranberries. The garnishing with rosemary and lime wedge also acts as an element that gives addition to its appearance.
Can We Substitute Vodka In This Christmas Mule Recipe?
You can substitute vodka with rum, bourbon, or gin. You can also skip adding vodka entirely.
Christmas Mule Recipe
- 3 oz. Vodka
- 1 oz. Lime Juice (freshly squeezed)
- 4 oz. Cranberry Juice (unsweetened)
- 6 oz. Ginger Beer
- 1 lime Wedge
- 4 Fresh Cranberries
- 1 Rosemary Sprigs
- Ice cubes (as needed)
- Start with filling a cocktail shaker halfway with ice.
- Pour in 3 oz vodka, 1 oz freshly squeezed lime juice, and 4 oz unsweetened cranberry juice.
- Shake all the ingredients vigorously for 15 seconds.
- Pour the whole blend into the copper mug and add crushed ice.
- Top the drink with 6 oz. or more ginger beer.
- Garnish the glass rim with a fresh lime wedge, cranberries, and a sprig of rosemary.
- Serve it with a paper straw.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are Christmas mules made of?
Christmas mules are made from a few ingredients, such as vodka, ginger beer, and lime juice. Add ice cubes, and garnish with a lime wedge, fresh or frozen cranberries, and rosemary.
Should we add ice to the Christmas mule?
You can surely add ice to the Christmas mule. This cocktail will taste best ice cold.
Why is Christmas mule served in copper glasses?
Copper glasses or mugs help retain the drink’s coolness for extended periods.
How much time does it take to make a Christmas mule?
It takes 5 minutes to prepare a Christmas mule.
If you are looking for something to serve your guests or enjoy yourself on Christmas eve, then Christmas mule is the easiest and most delicious way.
You can easily blend this drink in your way. You can add distinct flavors to the drink to add other flavors.
So, what are you waiting for? Try this super easy-to-make recipe this holiday season. If you like this article and want to know about more recipes, do check the other recipes on our website.