The winter is coming and during this time in the world, the celebrations start. The winters come with many festivals too that includes Christmas as well.
I know we all love Christmas and it’s the time of joy everywhere. Happiness and joy all around and today I have a recipe which is named after this festival? Yes, I am talking about the Christmas green beans.
Yes, those Green beans that look so fresh and delicious. And I love those beans. It is a dish that is confirmed a dish at our home on the day of Christmas.
Today, I am going to share the recipe of that Christmas Green Beans with you guys. I always wanted to make those at my home but never got those fresh beans in the winter season.
But yesterday, I got some really fresh beans and finally decided to make these Green Beans at home. This recipe is really healthy and full of nutrition. I hope you will like this recipe of mine and will surely try it at your place.
Enough of the talks, now let’s start making. And as you know that the ingredients are always the first step. But here are some other amazing recipes that you should definitely try.
1. Sous Vide Carrots– I am a very big fan of sous vide recipe because of the sweetness and the flavour filled in this recipe because they are perfectly cooked. I learned this recipe from one of my friends who is a great chef.
2. Collard Greens– Collard Greens are a member of the cabbage family. They are leafy green vegetables like spinach that are commonly used in the U.S.A. Cooking them is a must, as they are too raw to eat.
3. Crack Green Beans– Crack Green Beans will have even the pickiest eater begging for seconds. This recipe is a great dish to take to any potluck and makes a delicious and easy side at any dinner party.
4. Steamed Asparagus– This spring cook Steamed Asparagus at home and serve as a side dish in your meals. Asparagus is the versatile spring veggie which goes by its folk name “sparrow grass”.
Ingredients for Christmas Green Beans
|Green beans||1 ½ pounds|
|Sal and pepper||To taste|
|Almonds||1 ½ cup|
|Garlic cloves||4-5 pc|
|Lemon zest||1-2 tsp|
|Parmesan cheese||¼ cup|
|Fresh parsley||½ tsp|
These were the ingredients that you will need. You can get these ingredients from any nearest super market or the grocery store.
The best thing about this recipe is that you will save plenty of time while making this and will be able to complete this recipe very quickly. Here is the time frame of this recipe in the table below.
How Much Time Would it Take?
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Total time|
|15 minutes||10 minutes||25 minutes|
Now let’s move towards the part for which everyone is eagerly waiting. It’s time to cook and make this amazing Christmas green beans at home.
Christmas Green Beans Recipe
- Take a boiling pot and bring water to a boil with added salt in it. Now put the green beans into the salty boiling water and let them cook for around 4 minutes. After cooking, take them out and dry them.
- Take another saucepan and put some oil in it, roast the almonds until they are golden brown in color. Keep them aside once done.
- Now in the same saucepan sauté the chopped garlic cloves until they turn golden. After done take it out and place on tissue or cloth to drain out the excessive oil out of it.
- Now in the same sauté pan put some oil and add those green beans into it and sauté them for around 3-4 minutes on high heat. Now put almonds, garlic, and parmesan cheese and lemon zest in the pan and toss them along. Add parsley at the end to have a great taste.
- Now serve it immediately and enjoy.
And here we have made the Christmas green beans at home and that too without any extra efforts or hard work.
Nutritional Facts of Christmas Green Beans
As this recipe is very natural and healthy but still some of you are worried about its nutritional breakdown. So here you have them in the table below.
How to Make Christmas Green Beans at Home | Video
Although this recipe is very simple. Still, if you are new to the kitchen, then I would recommend this video which will make it easy for you to cook these beans at home.
I hope you have liked this Christmas Green Beans recipe. I recommend you to tell us about its taste and the experiences in the comments section below. Till then stay tuned for more such cool recipes and take care.