Behold, dear reader. Today, I have brought forth the recipe for chocolate Santa cookies for you. I know, it is kind of a pretentious way to start an article. But believe me, this cookie is the brand ambassador of all Christmas cookies. If this seems like a personally biased opinion, it’s because it is. These cookies are topped with swirly melted chocolate, toffee bits, and cherries.
The name of the cookies is Chocolate Santa cookies, and this is just a theory off the top of my head because they are covered with swirly white chocolate that represents Santa’s white beard. The red cherries represent Santa’s clothes and the toffee bits….Ok, I’ll stop. The thing is, the name has nothing to do with the cookies, but I have given you a good story in case someone asks.
The cookies are also indented on top with a thumbprint, preferably your own. The indentation is where the Santa goodies go. I have blabbered enough, I feel. If you are into the chocolate Santa cookies and want to know the complete recipe, you can find it below (how lucky!). But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other appetizing desserts from our blog.
1. Mini Gingerbread Houses– Mini gingerbread houses are a delicious Christmas treat. These are made from gingerbread and are infused with the flavors of gingerbread, mixed spices, golden syrup, and many more. It’s a perfect celebration dessert to be enjoyed with family on Christmas.
2. Christmas Wreath Cookies– Christmas wreath cookies are Christmas-themed cookies. These cookies have butter and marshmallows mixed with cornflakes. These cookies are flavored with almond and vanilla extract along with red cinnamon candy. These buttery cookies are a bit crispy due to cornflakes and look green due to the green food color.
3. Christmas Wreath Cupcakes– Christmas wreath cupcake is a Christmas themed fancy dessert. These are chocolate cupcakes filled with the flavor of vanilla extract and butter. The buttercream for the cupcake is filled with vanilla extract, powdered sugar, and green gel paste food color. This decorating cupcake is the dessert for Christmas.
4. Marbled Pumpkin Cheesecake– Marbled pumpkin cheesecake crispy base of pecans and cookie crumbs. The creamy filling is loaded with the flavors of cream cheese, pumpkin, vanilla, and sugar. It has a marbled top layer that looks as amazing as it tastes.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Chocolate Santa Cookies?
- Large Bowls- Use the bowls to beat the ingredients and to make the cookie dough.
- Small Bowl- Make the sugar mixture to dust the cookie dough balls in the small bowl.
- Cookie Sheet- Place the cookies on the cookie sheet.
- Oven- Then, bake these delicious cookies in the oven.
- Whisk and Spoon- Beat the ingredients with a whisk and then mix using a spoon.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Chocolate Santa Cookies?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Additional Time||Total Time|
|1 Hour 15 Minutes||10 Minutes||35 Minutes||2 Hours|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Chocolate Santa Cookies?
- All-Purpose Flour- This is the body for the cookie. Everything else is just the soul of it.
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder- This is to make your regular cookies, chocolate cookies (*starry eyes*).
- White Sugar and Corn Syrup- These both serve the same purpose, making the world and your cookies, sweet.
- Baking Soda- This is so that the cookies rise and shine.
- Ground Cinnamon- Add ground cinnamon to the cookies for that holiday flavor.
- Butter- Butter helps in determining the taste and texture of the cookies. The fat makes the cookie all yum-yum (sorry, I have the brain wavelength and taste buds of a 5-year old)
- Vanilla Extract- Add the sweet aroma to your sweet cookies by adding a little too much vanilla extract.
- Toppings (White Chocolate Chips, Chocolate Covered English Toffee, and Red Maraschino Cherries)- These delicious toppings are what makes Santa cookies, the Santa cookies.
Steps To Make Chocolate Santa Cookies
1. The Dough Though
Add butter and sugar in a bowl and beat them together until they are combined. After that, add corn syrup, egg, and vanilla extract to it and stir to combine. Now, in another bowl, add the flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder. Mix them and then add the butter mixture to it while slowly stirring. When the cookie dough is formed, cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator for an hour so that the dough sets.
2. Sugar Jitters
After the dough is set, make 1-inch balls of the dough. Then, mix sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and dust the balls with this mixture. Place the dough balls on the cookie sheet and press them in the middle with your thumb to make a thumbprint. Place the cookie sheet in the oven that has been preheated to 350℉. Bake them for about 8 minutes.
3. From Cookies To Santa Cookies
When they are baked, take them out. While they are still hot, add the white chocolate chips to the thumbprint dent. When they melt, add the toffee bits and red cherries to it. Let them set and serve.
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
How Will The Chocolate Santa Cookies Taste And Look Like?
The Chocolate Santa cookies look like they were made by Mrs. Claus, absolutely delicious. The cookies look beautiful with different colors on top. The brown cookie canvas goes perfectly with white chocolate, toffee bits, and red cherries. You can smell the cinnamon and vanilla in the cookies. You can taste all the chocolate in the cookie when you take a bite. These cookies will make you wish everyday was Christmas if you don’t already.
Chocolate Santa Cookies Recipe
- 3 ½ cups All-Purpose Flour
- ½ cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- ¾ cup White Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 cup Butter (softened)
- ¾ cup Corn Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 (11-ounces) package White Chocolate Chips
- 1 (1.4 ounces) bar Chocolate Covered English Toffee (chopped)
- 1 (4-ounces) jar Red Maraschino Cherries (halved)
- In a large bowl, add butter and sugar. Then, beat them together until they are combined.
- After that, add corn syrup, egg, and vanilla extract to it and stir to combine.
- Now, for the dry ingredients, add the flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder to another large bowl. Mix them and then add the butter mixture to it while slowly stirring.
- When the mixture is blended and the cookie dough is formed, cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven at 350℉.
- When the dough is set, take it out of the refrigerator. Then, shape the dough into small 1-inch balls. Then, mix the remaining ¼ cup sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and dust the balls with this mixture.
- Place the dough balls on the cookie sheet and press your thumb in the middle of every cookie so that your thumbprint is indented in the cookies. Place the cookie sheet in the oven and bake them for about 8 minutes.
- After that, take them out and in the thumbprint, add the white chocolate chips while the cookies are still hot. When the chocolate is melted, add the toffee bits and cherries on top and let them set. With this, your chocolate Santa cookies are ready.
Now, you know how to make delicious thumbnail Christmas Santa cookies at home. If you make them, tell me how much you liked them in the comments. Till then, happy cooking!