If you love donuts then, you’ll love the chocolate glazed donuts. They are delicious, easy-to-make, and don’t take much time. If you want to make cafe-like donuts at home then, do give this recipe a try.
The origin of the name of the doughnut is up for debate. Some believe it is called so because of the nuts that were added to the dough. Many people found the word ‘Doughnut’ difficult to write so, they started calling it ‘donut’ instead.
To make chocolate glazed donuts, make the dough by mixing sugar, salt, eggs, flour, yeast, vanilla extract, butter, and warm milk in a standing mixer. Cover the dough and let it rest for 2 hours. Then, make small balls of the dough. Also, make small holes in their center. Heat oil in a pan and fry them. Then, dip them in chocolate glaze. Your chocolate glazed donuts are ready.
This was just an overview of the recipe. Also, there are a variety of breakfast recipes that you can try as well. Do check them as well.
1. Big & Buttery Chocolate Chip Cookies– Big & buttery chocolate chip cookies are the perfect after-meal snack. They are filled with both butter and chocolate chips which makes them the perfect cookies. So, without any further delay, let’s get started.
2. Welsh Rarebit– Welsh rarebit is a dish made from hot cheese sauce served over crispy toasted bread. It also has flavors of mustard and pepper with notes of beer. It is a cheesy saucy spread for toasted bread.
3. Eggs Benedict– This recipe is a very common breakfast and brunch dish in America. It is said to be invented in a New York restaurant named Delmonico’s in the 1860s.
4. Rolo Pretzels– If you want to make a sweet and fun snack for your kids then, the rolls pretzel is the perfect one to make. All you need is square pretzels, rolls, and M&M’s. They get ready in no time and are a great treat.
Chocolate Glazed Donuts Recipe
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 2 ¼ tsp Active Dried Yeast
- 3 tbsp Caster Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3 ¼ cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Milk
- 4 cups Vegetable Oil
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 250 Chocolate
- Crushed Chocolate
- In a standing mixer bowl, add flour, sugar, salt, and yeast.
- In a pan, add milk and warm it. Add 4 tablespoons butter and stir until it melts. Add the vanilla extract and stir it.
- Now, add the milk mixture to the bowl with the flour mixture and let the machine slowly mix. Keep mixing till a shiny dough is formed for about 6-8 minutes.
- Transfer this dough to a bowl and cover it with plastic wrap. Let it rest for about 2 hours.
- When the dough has doubled in size, take it out on a surface dusted with flour. Knead it with your hands. Cut the dough into small 3-inch sized balls with the help of a round cutter. Also, make small holes in the middle of these balls.
- Heat oil in a deep pan. Place the dough balls in the oil and fry them for few minutes. When one side begins to brown, flip them and fry the other side for a few minutes. Take them out and drain the excess oil.
- In another pan, melt butter. Then add chocolate and heavy cream. Stir it to make the chocolate glaze.
- Dip the donuts in the chocolate glaze. Place them on a plate and garnish them with crushed chocolate. Serve cold.