When I was young, I always had a thought to turn 21 and eat Chocolate Beer Cake because my mother never allowed me to eat this cake and as a kid. And you all know that if someone says no to do anything, the curiosity to do that thing is something beyond the words.
Now you must be thinking What is Beer Cake? It is cake prepared using beer as a secondary ingredient and if you make chocolate beer cake it includes stout and chocolate stout beer and gingerbread cakes. If I talk about India, there is a tribe called the Rabha tribe which uses rice beer to make beer cake.
Do You Know in Brazil and Portugal people call Beer Cake as “Bolo de Cerveja”? Last year, I turned 21 and my mother made this Chocolate Beer Cake for my birthday. The very first experience of eating Chocolate Beer Cake was amazing and I can not explain that experience in words.
I asked my mother about the Chocolate Beer Cake Recipe on that day. Today, I will share the recipe of .this cake with you all. But before we start making gather the ingredients required to make Chocolate Beer Cake Recipe at home.
Ingredients For Chocolate Beer Cake
|Granulated Sugar||1 1/2 Cups|
|All-Purpose Flour||1/3 Cup|
|Kosher Salt||1/2 tsp|
|Milk||1 1/2 Cups|
|Sticks Of Unsalted Butter||3|
|Vanilla Extract||2 tsp|
|Toffee Candy Bars||1/2 Cups|
|Sticks Of Unsalted Butter||1|
|Cocoa Powder||3/4 Cups|
|All-Purpose Flour||2 Cups|
|Brown Sugar||2 Cups|
|Malted Powder Milk||1/4 Cup|
|Baking Soda||2 tsp|
|Baking Powder||1 tsp|
|Kosher Salt||1 tsp|
|Pure Vanilla Extract||1 tsp|
|Bottles Stout||12 ounces|
|Granulated Sugar||1/4 Cup|
While learning the recipe, I was curious to know the exact timing required to make this cake at home. So I’ve mentioned them in the table below.
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Preparation Time||Total Time|
|4 Hours 25 Mins||4 Hours 25 Mins|
I did a lot of efforts to know the recipe but you don’t have to wait like me because we have reached the final stage where I will tell the proper directions, step by step.
Chocolate Beer Cake Recipe
- In a medium saucepan, whisk sugar, flour, and salt, then stir the milk. Heat the saucepan over medium heat and boil stirring vigorously for 3 minutes.
- From the heat, remove the saucepan and transfer to a shallow bowl. For 2 hours leave the bowl with plastic wrap in the refrigerator.
- At 350 degrees F, preheat the oven and butter a metal pan with lined parchment paper and again add butter, and dust the paper with cocoa powder.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, brown sugar, baking soda, cocoa, milk powder, baking powder, and salt. Combine the mixture accordingly.
- In a small bowl, add butter, eggs, vanilla, and stout to whisk, until they will look smooth. Mix the dry ingredients with wet ingredients and whisk the batter until combines.
- In a prepared pan, pour the batter and bake for at least 45 minutes.
- In a small saucepan place the remaining stout and boil to heat for 6 minutes.
- From heat, remove the pan and stir granulated sugar into beer. Let the syrup cool for some time.
- For 30 minutes, cool the cake and remove parchment paper. With toothpick poke holes in the cake and drizzle stout syrup.
- From the refrigerator, remove the frosting and leave for 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Add half of the base and beat until smooth with vanilla for 3 minutes.
- In an electric mixer, beat the butter for 3 minutes.
- Spread the frosting all over the cake from the top with a spatula and sprinkle candy bars. Leave the cake in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Serve after freezing.
Finally, Chocolate Beer Cake. Make it at your home and you’ll love it.
Nutritional Facts Of Chocolate Beer Cake
I have mentioned the nutritional breakdown of Chocolate Beer Cake. From here, you will come to know how many slices you need to give to your family.
How To Make Chocolate Beer Cake at Home | Video
If you want to see how much can make Chocolate Beer Cake Recipe in different shapes or sizes. I have added a video for you, so it’ll be easier for you.
I hope you’ve liked the recipe of Chocolate Beer Cake. Whenever you’ll try this at home, share your valuable reviews with us in the comment section. And for more cake recipes, stay tuned.